ABF | Yrc Freight Solicitation?

6PakAbs

TB Veteran
Credits
Since I retired on 2/29, I'm not around much anymore, but one of my fellow workers told me
that the "ArcBest" sales reps have asked for identifying any YRC business due to the "possiblity"
of their demise. any word on this?? I guess the vultures are circling...

It's actually not....ethical....for a salesman to promote a competitor's closure/bankruptcy.........
But, Hey!......Ethics and Business?

Hum....

Kind of like union leadership??

I'll take issue with that,.....A Union's "stock-in-trade"....is it's ethics.....If your Local has a....lack of Ethics,...then Ethics requires you to...Remove that Leadership.
We can do that,..in a Union,....

Whereas,....an unethically-run company,...will celebrate it's unethical management,...with bonuses and stock options forever......
....or until they finally cross the legal line,...through sheer arrogance.....

Essentially,.....in any negotiation,...a Union holds the....Moral High Ground.....
...and companies hate that.....

And High Union Leaders get into....Ethical trouble,.....by rubbing too many elbows with management,...and picking up the businessman's attitude that the rank-and-file,...are merely a necessary evil.....

Time to Vote 'Em Out........

But you're stuck with the morally-handicapped CEO.........No Vote there......

Hum....

Kind of like union leadership??

Local #30 is a good case-in-point........35 years ago,...the leadership was corrupt....to the point that , certain rank-and-file groups had NLRB lawsuits with Local #30 as a co-defendant.....
When I got back into Local#30 in 1992,....the leadership had completely changed,..there were Reform Officers in all Executive Board positions,.....and many members were determined not to let Local #30 ever get into ....ethical trouble again.

And they aren't......Local #30 is one of the most honestly run Locals,....Not Jimmy Hoffa's favorite, that's for sure,....and one of the top five Locals for funding on the East Coast,...with a multi-million dollar warchest,..ready for Arbitration,..lawsuits,...or anything else the members need......
It took dedicated members,....willing to put in the time,......The Financial statement is automatically read as the first item of business at every monthly meeting...
...and Heartily Discussed,...I can assure you......

I retired Proud of Teamsters Local #30........But it didn't happen by merely wishing things were.....ethical.......

I'll take issue with that,.....A Union's "stock-in-trade"....is it's ethics.....If your Local has a....lack of Ethics,...then Ethics requires you to...Remove that Leadership.
We can do that,..in a Union,....

Whereas,....an unethically-run company,...will celebrate it's unethical management,...with bonuses and stock options forever......
....or until they finally cross the legal line,...through sheer arrogance.....

Essentially,.....in any negotiation,...a Union holds the....Moral High Ground.....
...and companies hate that.....

And High Union Leaders get into....Ethical trouble,.....by rubbing too many elbows with management,...and picking up the businessman's attitude that the rank-and-file,...are merely a necessary evil.....

Time to Vote 'Em Out........

But you're stuck with the morally-handicapped CEO.........No Vote there......

Perhaps you should watch "The Irishman" and see the great things the teamsters set upon the American people. We all know it's a movie but if 1/100th is true it's a disgrace.

I wonder what you consider 'moral high ground' corruption, murder, embezzlement, intimidation and organized crime???

But that is the beauty of America, you do not have to join a union... or do you??

Do as you see fit... but not for me...

Perhaps you should watch "The Irishman" and see the great things the teamsters set upon the American people. We all know it's a movie but if 1/100th is true it's a disgrace.

I wonder what you consider 'moral high ground' corruption, murder, embezzlement, intimidation and organized crime???

But that is the beauty of America, you do not have to join a union... or do you??

I've read the book "I Hear You Paint Houses",...upon which the movie was based. Haven't seen the movie.

And you are absolutely right.....No Union should encompass any of those things you mention. That's why we have elections. Sooner or later,.....the Crooks are out.
I would suggest you look up Daniel J. Tobin....Teamster President from 1931 through 1952....Extremely honest,...and well-beloved, leading the Teamsters through the war years,.....Advising the President,....First Union to de-segregate.

We've had Union leaders who were exemplary ...and ethical people. Still do.....in spite of all the propaganda by the Business Roundtable, Chamber of Commerce, American Legislative Council, and Berman's "UnionFacts.com"

There is a concerted business effort to take away your Right of Assembly,...as it pertains to your job. Why? What threat do organized Workers have to the business community? and,.....Why are they trying to take away a First Amendment Right?

I think you'll agree that.....the Idea of Unionism,...the Ideal,.....is a great idea. And I will agree with you that, in practice,.....sometimes Unions....not properly overseen.....attract gangsters.

But,....Let's not forget Bernie Madoff, Kenneth Lay, Jeffery Skilling, Michael Milken,.....and about 3 or 4 thousand other Corporate Crooks who've defrauded the American people. They weren't....voted out.......They got caught.

So,.....would Business-sponsored propaganda painting all Unions as "criminal enterprises"....be the ol' proverb about the "Pot calling the Kettle Black"?

If you are applying for a job in a "Closed Shop",.....you are doing so because of the superior wages and benefits enjoyed by the employees...It behooves you,...to maintain those high benefits,.....to follow the rules of that contract......

Unfortunately,.....after the Janus Ruling,.......many "non-participating" Union members will de-fund their Union,...by trying to get out of paying dues.....a purely selfish act with long-term consequenses.

**** off