ABF | Yrc Freight Solicitation?

A non union would fire the hell out of you for getting hurt. If you don't know the laws in your state concerning workers comp, then the company will recognize your stupidty and fire you. Unions carriers will try to be slick as well when it comes to that. Companies take injuries and workers comp claims serious. That's like one of their biggest expenses. If they can find a way to get rid of you when you get hurt, they will. Always immediately alert your supervisor when you get hurt. I dont care if the pain is not that bad, still tell the supervisor that you were hurt. I've seen alot of guys get denied workers comp and even get fired for not letting a supervisor know immediately that they got hurt while working. Just my little piece of advice. Enjoy and be safe

You paint a target on your back for the company when you are injured. But, if they fire you while on work comp or because of the injury for no just cause, the injured will have a very strong case for suing & collecting. Is there fraud in work comp job claims? You bet. But, companies have to tread carefully in how they handle these cases. If they ignore the law & abuse you or fire you, they can suffer a very large dent in their bottom line. Both parties need to act with care. I also think you miss the message in my post. 8 years ago a ABF Road Driver based out of 050 Indy, rolled a set in Illinois near St. Louis. ABF started paying about 525.00 per week in Indiana work comp wages. The law states that she had to be paid the Illinois going rate of about 900.00 per week because the injury happened in Illinois. ABF said no. A circuit court in the county of where the accident happened, said pay her 900.00. ABF could not appeal, for his decision was based on case law. This only happened when an attorney paid for by the driver, (not the company) pled her case. I was being 'facetious' when I said try to get hurt in Illinois. You can never pick your location of where you are hurt based on the pay out. Except for outright fraud. von.