Yellow | Yrc Freight to drop the R Yellow Freight

BigR bought NewPenn because they were returning 14-16 cents on the dollar. better return on the investment than YRC is getting on they're investment

Aren't you contradicting yourself a little - wasn't Yellow's "investment" the purchase of Roadway??

(This is my opinion as a 25 year employee, and as a member of TB....Not as a Moderator.....so here goes.....KK)

At this point in the game, does it really matter? Who really gives a **** about Roadway or Yellow Freight or the concessions? This is now YRC Freight.....move on.

I have seen management from both companies FUBAR this thing until it makes you sick.....I get it.....we get it.....let it work out....we are just a small Gog in the machine.

Really, now.....I, as well as other on here get sick and tired of those who do nothing but continually ***** and complain about any little thing that comes up....or when another member asks a simple damn question. then those of you who hide behind screen names take shots at his question, or worse yet go off the topic all together.

Seniority is great for those who have it, and sucks for those who do not have it.....give it a rest. A COO is great for those who are a plus terminal, and sucks for those who are a minus terminal.....that's the way it has been for my last 25 years here, and you are not going to make it change.....the rules are very well spelled out in the NMFA concerning COO and Management' Rights.....the problem here is, when the NMFA came up for a vote over the years, all everyone gave a rat's *** about was the pay raises that were shown on the papers they sent to us with a ballot.....that is why I crack up every time someone question why is it this way,or how come we have to.....SHORT ANSWER.....it is in the Contract that you voted for!

The Concessions crap and 15% cut complaining is wearing out too people....THE MAJORITY of the employees that voted, voted to ACCEPT it until March 31, 2015.....get over it and wait another 2 more years, or go somewhere else if it will make you life any better than you have it now!

We will ALL deal with it when the time comes, which will mean we are still here 2 years from now, no matter how many keep trying to throw dirt on our graves!

Those of you who are slow walking....taking way too much time in getting the loads together on the dock....taking way too long to hook up the sets and causing long delays in Line-haul....and Line-haul drivers who are trying to screw as many nickles and dimes out of this company, will be the death of it....not management.....if this thing does not keep turning around all the way to March 2015, you and I may not even be here to see what happens......you are hurting your fellow co-worker. Employee apathy is killing the chances for our survival.

Some of you should not even be allowed to own a keyboard, much less a computer, as it seems to make your life even more miserable......turn off the noise, unplug and go enjoy life.

Even though I do respect your right to express your opinions, some of you just want to ***** without any substance about everything.....read what members write and post first before making your self look like as ***......Oh, and go eat some chocolate Rabbits....KK

All the bickering back and forth is a waste of time. There is only one question left to be answered. ARE YOU GOING TO BE PART OF THE POSSIBLE SUCCESS OR AN ANCHOR HOLDING YRCF BACK??????

All the bickering back and forth is a waste of time. There is only one question left to be answered. ARE YOU GOING TO BE PART OF THE POSSIBLE SUCCESS OR AN ANCHOR HOLDING YRCF BACK??????

Should YRC Freight emerge from all of this and survive, there will still be those that complain.

Some complain they have nothing to complain about.

I have learned to intentionally make one mistake each day, so those that complain will be happy to have found it and have something, about which, to complain.

(this is my opinion as a 25 year employee, and as a member of tb....not as a moderator.....so here goes.....kk)

at this point in the game, does it really matter? Who really gives a **** about roadway or yellow freight or the concessions? This is now yrc freight.....move on.

I have seen management from both companies fubar this thing until it makes you sick.....i get it.....we get it.....let it work out....we are just a small gog in the machine.

Really, now.....i, as well as other on here get sick and tired of those who do nothing but continually ***** and complain about any little thing that comes up....or when another member asks a simple damn question. Then those of you who hide behind screen names take shots at his question, or worse yet go off the topic all together.

Seniority is great for those who have it, and sucks for those who do not have it.....give it a rest. A coo is great for those who are a plus terminal, and sucks for those who are a minus terminal.....that's the way it has been for my last 25 years here, and you are not going to make it change.....the rules are very well spelled out in the nmfa concerning coo and management' rights.....the problem here is, when the nmfa came up for a vote over the years, all everyone gave a rat's *** about was the pay raises that were shown on the papers they sent to us with a ballot.....that is why i crack up every time someone question why is it this way,or how come we have to.....short answer.....it is in the contract that you voted for!

The concessions crap and 15% cut complaining is wearing out too people....the majority of the employees that voted, voted to accept it until march 31, 2015.....get over it and wait another 2 more years, or go somewhere else if it will make you life any better than you have it now!

We will all deal with it when the time comes, which will mean we are still here 2 years from now, no matter how many keep trying to throw dirt on our graves!

Those of you who are slow walking....taking way too much time in getting the loads together on the dock....taking way too long to hook up the sets and causing long delays in line-haul....and line-haul drivers who are trying to screw as many nickles and dimes out of this company, will be the death of it....not management.....if this thing does not keep turning around all the way to march 2015, you and i may not even be here to see what happens......you are hurting your fellow co-worker. Employee apathy is killing the chances for our survival.

Some of you should not even be allowed to own a keyboard, much less a computer, as it seems to make your life even more miserable......turn off the noise, unplug and go enjoy life.

Even though i do respect your right to express your opinions, some of you just want to ***** without any substance about everything.....read what members write and post first before making your self look like as ***......oh, and go eat some chocolate rabbits....kk
very well said my exact sentimemt " we will be the death of this company'

We all no that the R was the problem. It was lead by R president R VP middle Mgt and a R computer sytem as good as the apple comadore.1985 ish... If ya'll have any shot its under the Y system. Maybe that's why all the closers. In the change..Propoesd.

They bring back all the Y people out of retirement Senior mgmt which is good . 3 years of apple 64 didn't and wont make you money.. Y had the best system hands down.. Ask any Y person... I'm sure I will here about how good the Big R was... Well you had 3 years now show R and let Y show how a real freight company moves freight... This is what the change is about.... Like it or not... The ball don't lie....

R ran every bill possible every day. Y ran every bill due that day....The difference huge on labor costs. Why give a customer freight 2 days early when you can't charge more,or have freight 2 days late... It's called the right freight on the right day... Freight 101

You mgmt people should know this... R pushed every bill every day. to get that 15 day turn around in billing .. Y pushed service bills every day to get that 15 day turn around to get paid.. Difference is you can see 15 days out on the revenue coming in under Y system R you couldn't project Apple 64..

I know R was a great company and served alot Teamster's a good retirement.... Technology, team work and working smart Right Freight on the right day.... will make this company grow..

Hey it is my turn.

Y......................................................................R......................................................................U......................................................................so hung up on this

YOU have the RESPONABILTY to CHANGE and make this WORK.

Make this your new motto.

Nmfa 2015

First and foremost we as "YRC (Yellow, Roadway Combined) Freight", IMO have to move to the next level together as one. It takes one to teach one. Resource from one another the good things and get rid of the bad. I remember one of the CEO of one of the former companies ask? "what are we doing, that we should not doing? What are we not doing, that we should be doing?

If we do not come together and make this YRC thing of ours work right, we'll be working for companies that treat you all as trailer trash drivers before there was a NMFA. I remember my grandfather saying back in the days before there was a NMFA. As a truck driver how he was treated like the trailer trash back then. When the first NMFA came to pass, my grandfather had said that, from that moment on that he now had a career under the NMFA.

Just do your job right and show up on time for work and everything will work its way out. Yeah we YRC was badly sick for awhile and had to take some medicine that doesn't taste good (15%) to get well. We haven't recovered fully but have gotten better so lets stay strong and together to get out under this mess.

In closing Brothers- "If we treat union business the same way we treat gossip on these boards, we all would be on the same page" Screwy Louiey 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not a debt or who is better.. Didn't think that this form would go theat far out there. I was wrong...

Can anyone get this back on track,or kill it because there are to many prople stuck on arguing points that are mute.

Puppets..... Zollars had two votes on the board of directors.. Chair vote and Ceo vote... i couldn't agree more that the man was a fool....

But what most People don't know is Welch is the only one that can turn our sinking ship. Can you please go back to the first post and re read it .Argue the post I didn't put debt or company was better. You people just rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu nnnnnnnnnnnnnn with shhhhhhh tttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Shared Responsibility in the Success or Failure of this Company rest with all employees of YRC and the Teamsters Union period. U don't have to look hard to find fault: ( The mirror is located on a wall near U ) : Try something new like being positive and totally committed to yourself & family for those who have one and go to work and do what U know is right. Otherwise do yourself a favor and cut your stress level and walk away from this job now! It could add years to your life !
( Own Your Responsibility )

Be smart ask questions... Why are we doing it this way... Don't lay back and take it ,put pressure on the company to load the right freight on the trailer.... Any moron can stack and strip , read the bill. Help that bill make service date.. Leave off the crap that will still make service on the next trailer. Freight 101

As someone as yourself that drives line..I can respect the FUBAR..

Where this company needs and can turn it around is deliver the right frieght on the right day..... It does know one even the company good to put 8 skds of non service freight in a city route trailer..LOAD SERVICE>>>>>> Doest fill cap it off with non service.......... Do we get paid more money to deliver early...NOOOOOOOO. Everyone read your f ing bills .Companies plan on us to deliver on time because they keep inventory short. You help them, They'll keep helping you by using our company.

Mgmt can't figure this out..So Teamsters can just take in there own hands and do it..

Be smart ask questions... Why are we doing it this way... Don't lay back and take it ,put pressure on the company to load the right freight on the trailer.... Any moron can stack and strip , read the bill. Help that bill make service date.. Leave off the crap that will still make service on the next trailer. Freight 101
I'd like to add one thing to Freight 101. Close the door on time and get it hooked so it gets where it needs to be!

R owned everything, had no debt. sell R terminals, they're bought and paid for and still have their USDOT # on all YRC FREIGHT trucks.

If this company is to fail it will not be the teamsters that will bring this company down,it is the debt that they cannot seen to get down or manage..YRCW is like a overmaxed credit card and they only can make minimum payments on it..Professional fees and interest payments.. But yet upper management take huge salaries and stock options.. As far as the teamsters go,sure there are a few slackers but they have slackers in every walk of life.. It seems that they have quite a few slackers in lower management,you know the ones that studied freight out of a book that just don't have any common sense..If these lower management types would just let the workers do their jobs cut times for the most part would be made but no they have to go out on the docks and look for little things so they can write someone up and think they they look good.. As far as it is the blame of "R" or "Y" .get over it there is no more Yellow and no more Roadway,and as long as there are teamsters that blame each other for who they worked for you are playing right into the hands of management.. You are all teamster brothers now and it is time to remind management of this.. Strength is in numbers..

Freight 101 Brother... Stop and Read the bills... Just don't drive the truck.....DRIVER Dont' care about who has what.... MUTE>>>>>>>> Now

Read the Freight............. Be the Freight................. Remember you work for the company that is on your Towmotor :)... YRC just pays you !!!!!!....

Some people think the change is due to the way cincy, stl , voted in the IBT...LOL Yea the company cares about the TDU vs IBT.lol... Its due to the fact you don't have the volume to stay a break..Plane and simple.. Want your break back.. Right frieght on the right trailer...on time not early...... That will grow volume, and your breaks back.... Freight 101 I really don't think it can be any easier.....

I just heard in the break room @ 309 that YRC is proposing a change of operations. Has anyone else heard this?

Beacause it is the only way for you to keep your job....... driver....... When smoking your cig on your towmoter jump off it and shut the f.... ing doors... Smoke all you want Just shut the f....ing doors...Let them worry about there f....ing load average..... You should care about getting the customer his on time,......Freight 101

why waste our time with this ?

Chicago Ridge 301

We should all show up at the chicago ridge town hall meeting and ask for for our business licence to to be granted with the quickness, Or we could protest out in front of the chicago ridge town hall. Whatever it takes. Yes we can !