Yellow | YRC Logistics trucks

sarge

TB Lurker
Credits
I've been seeing quite a few YRC Logistics trailers being pulled by Meridian trucks.
I know its our non-union carriers, however found it interesting that they go 70 mph.

Sarge,
I'm not aware of Yellow ever buying a company then turning their trucks down. Saia, Holland, Jevic.......they all run faster than Yellow or Roadway.

I saw a straight job the other day that said USF Worldwide on it. Never seen that before. Anyone know what kind of work they do?

I have seen a straight truck running around my hood as well as trailers.

A straight truck with a reefer/heater on it? Don't know what's up with that but others are on the lookout (and have seen it) and hope to get to talk to the driver and find out what he's up to.

We do see them (trailers) near the railyard.

why is it you guys would rather make up conspiracey theories about yrc logistics, instead of going to yrc website and reading exactly what they do. they are logistics company , like penske, or menlo, plain and simple. they are a wholly onwed subsitary of yrc, they have there own agenda.they handle logistics for an aray of differant companys, for some of you shall i say, they handle shipping and receiving for certain customers, and all that goes with it.they are not a non-union roadway or yellow or holland, or will they being takeing away your linehaul.or city work. in somed cases , say roadway salesmen might try to sell services to yrc logistics, for certain lanes of freight del, if price is right.if there is add in local paper for yrc log. drivers its because they have landed another account or are expanding one they have.i dont claim to know everything, but before i would go out and make some of the most rediculious statements that have been made concerning yrc logistics, i would at least have a clue what they are and what they do, and how they operate.

ANT44,
Good post. I've learned over the years that some people aren't happy unless they're unhappy.......if you think about it it'll make sense. They never have anything good to say but revel in the negativity. And normally it has a lot more to do with their life than it does with their work. It's a shame that they are stuck in that mode.

saw an icecream hauler or two in west tenn.... blue bell i think... also has anyone noticed the cool flip name badges on yellow and roadways new trailers... just like flip placards... roadway on one side and yellow on the other.

Sheet Climber,
Blue Bell is good. You saw the new dual use trailers.....we have a few guys so twisted that they'll flip the name to stir the pot a little.....who would've ever expected that out of a truck driver?

why is it you guys would rather make up conspiracey theories about yrc logistics, instead of going to yrc website and reading exactly what they do...

You are certainly right on, good post.

There is the possiblity that all the YRC LTL companies may pick up new business from some of these logistics contracts that YRC Logistics have gotten, both in the past and new.

Jimmy B

I understand why you guys feel this is just an over-reaction by some in thinking this is union busting at its finest, thats fair. At the same time, do you guys see any similarities between how CF went under with their other nonunion company CCX? Finally, many of their workers came over from their and have told me many stories that look like they could be the same moves as they have witnessed there. Once again, not being a wise guy here and am simply asking if you see anything close to what they claim to see?

IMAG0001.JPG

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even those checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt

Besides I started the thread just because I found it interesting that the non-union trucks are turned up a little bit.

I agree that there are too many conspiracy theories going around. . . but I think there is a more important point to make. . . and that is that after living in Austin, TX for 10 months I learned that Blue Bell ice cream is the best ice cream ever made!!! And I have eaten a lot of ice cream.

I now live in California , and if YRC ever closes I may beg to be a sales rep for Blue Bell just to get that stuff out hear in the S.F. bay area.

I agree that there are too many conspiracy theories going around. . . but I think there is a more important point to make. . . and that is that after living in Austin, TX for 10 months I learned that Blue Bell ice cream is the best ice cream ever made!!! And I have eaten a lot of ice cream.

I now live in California , and if YRC ever closes I may beg to be a sales rep for Blue Bell just to get that stuff out hear in the S.F. bay area.

I was wondering if you ever tried Thrifty ice cream? I used to live in the central valley in California. Their ice cream was always winning taste tests. I believe it is still sold at the ice cream counters in Rite Aid drugstores. I'm not sure if all of them have the ice cream though. I lived in Hanford, CA and a lot of people would go to the Superior Dairy which is a 1950s ice cream shop cafe in downtown Hanford. They have pretty good ice cream too. A lot of people ride the Amtrak down to Hanford because it is a nice trip from anywhere in California and you can walk to the Downtown area pretty easily.