Yellow | YRC Logistics trucks

Well, I am really sorry you feel that way. Some people thrive on consipiracy theories. Not much anyone can do to change that.

I know when things turn against you, as the economy has done to truckers, it is easier to assume things like this then to understand the nature of the beast. So I wish you all the best and hope good things come your way.

I want some of what he's taken. It obviously passes drug screens. :biglaugh:

:joke:

Seriously though, I think maybe you should broaden your horizons and do some investigation. I think you'll find Kurt has a much better grasp of the reality we are living in. The things Kurt is saying are facts and by researching them you'll find they are essentially right on target.

Thanks for your support vwaggs.

I really don't know what to make of this. I point out that the corporate world opposes unions and I get accused of believing in conspiracy theories? What can a person say to this?

When the corporate robber barons turned machined guns onto striking workers back in the 1920s because the workers dared to ask for a greater share of the wealth created by the companies was that a conspiracy?

Furthermore, the economy has not turned against me, you, or any other trucker, our politicians is what has turned against us -- truckers and all working people in general. The economy is not a natural force that goes willy nilly as it will. The economy is controlled by laws created and enforced by govnmt. Right now those laws have been turned in favor of corps and against working people. And the economy is tanking because of it. The only conspiracy here is the "conspiracy of dunces" in Washington DC.

The nature of the beast, as the poster said, is this: companies are competeing on who can pay their drivers the least without them quiting. Do you really want to drive in that environment? The only reason YRC Logistics is paying 35 cents instead of 28 cents is because the Teamsters have a strong presence (at least for now) in YRC and a weak but still present pressure on LTL in general. Overnight (now UPS Freight) pays what they do because of historic Teamster pressure on LTL wages. But I digress.

I pick up and deliver at a YRC warehouse in Ontario, CA. They do sebastian hair products. We may do 1 or 2 pallets nothing substantial. I think they use the same routing systems everyone else does. Their trucks are mostly onwer operators and seem to have no clue that we are both in the same company.

They do not carry LTL themselves. Menlo is owned by conway and I never see a conway truck in their warehouse.

We are seeing more of them around now hauling trailers with roll up doors (48').

For the last 2 yrs or so it was just Meridian tractors hauling rail containers but we are starting to see more trailers and straight trucks on the road.

I too noticed a former Home Depot warehouse is now a YRC Logistics warehouse.

I ran across one of them trucks in Tennessee on I40 at the 126 truckstop. I have always wanted to know where they were out of. It seems to be a mystery that no one can or will answer. It was sitting of the fuel island and was gone when I came back out.........without a trace!

I want some of what he's taken. It obviously passes drug screens. :biglaugh:

:joke:

Seriously though, I think maybe you should broaden your horizons and do some investigation. I think you'll find Kurt has a much better grasp of the reality we are living in. The things Kurt is saying are facts and by researching them you'll find they are essentially right on target.

He is a she! and you are welcome to what I have, it is totally free, completely legal in our country (sad to say it isn't in all countries) and completely passes all drug screens.

I have broadened my horizons quite a bit actually. I work internal in the trucking industries in the accounting/management portion of the business, so I have a far better grasp on the reality that is going on inside where you all are claiming a consipiracy is going on. On top of that I have a husband out in the field you guys are dealing with so I have that knowledge as well. It is becuase I am able to step back and see it from both sides, internally and externally, that I can say with confidence that the conspiracy that started this thread just does not exist.

I can't say that about all the other theories I have read on here, and believe some of them might be true, but this one just has no truth behind it.

I realize things are going south quick, but I think the finger pointing is in the wrong direction. All trucking companies, no matter the size, are hurting. If you stop and think about it you would realize the issue goes much higher than anyone at the YRC companies.

I really don't know what to make of this. I point out that the corporate world opposes unions and I get accused of believing in conspiracy theories? What can a person say to this?

Now I don't disagree with the first statment at all, I was not speaking to the union issue when I stated the consipiracy theory. This is true in all industries, not just the trucking.

The nature of the beast, as the poster said, is this: companies are competeing on who can pay their drivers the least without them quiting. Do you really want to drive in that environment? The only reason YRC Logistics is paying 35 cents instead of 28 cents is because the Teamsters have a strong presence (at least for now) in YRC and a weak but still present pressure on LTL in general. Overnight (now UPS Freight) pays what they do because of historic Teamster pressure on LTL wages. But I digress.

that is true in EVERY industry. That is how companies make money. Occasionally you find a nice mom and pop business that balances out the need/desire to make money and the value of the employees, but when you are dealing with large corporate companies you are not going to find that nice warm and fuzzy feeling.

That is why my husband is an independent owner/operator. Takes a lot of risk on us but he does not have to worry about that end of the business.

He is a she! and you are welcome to what I have, it is totally free, completely legal in our country (sad to say it isn't in all countries) and completely passes all drug screens.

I have broadened my horizons quite a bit actually. I work internal in the trucking industries in the accounting/management portion of the business, so I have a far better grasp on the reality that is going on inside where you all are claiming a consipiracy is going on. On top of that I have a husband out in the field you guys are dealing with so I have that knowledge as well. It is becuase I am able to step back and see it from both sides, internally and externally, that I can say with confidence that the conspiracy that started this thread just does not exist.

I can't say that about all the other theories I have read on here, and believe some of them might be true, but this one just has no truth behind it.

I realize things are going south quick, but I think the finger pointing is in the wrong direction. All trucking companies, no matter the size, are hurting. If you stop and think about it you would realize the issue goes much higher than anyone at the YRC companies.

That explains why you don't understand what we are talking about. We are talking about our national economy and the global economy. If you aren't aware that we are referring to them YET, trying to give you a lesson in Micro Economics, Macro Economics, National Politics, Global Politics and Political History is pointless in this type of forum.

That explains why you don't understand what we are talking about. We are talking about our national economy and the global economy. If you aren't aware that we are referring to them YET, trying to give you a lesson in Micro Economics, Macro Economics, National Politics, Global Politics and Political History is pointless in this type of forum.

Um, yeah, we are talking about the economy; I had no question on that. Are you just figuring it out? And in today’s world you can not talk about national without dealing with global economy.

I am going to assume you didn't state "that explains" based simply because I am a woman, because I seriously doubt you could give me a lesson in Micro, Macro economics or in Politics. But that is beside the point. I was addressing a conspiracy theory stated in this thread and trying to educate you on the falsehoods that were being spread. I was not addressing ALL theories that had been addressed in this thread or this site, only the one. However, it seems that some are to busy generalizing things, reading into things (things that just aren't there) and have become so sensitive they are not willing to enter into a friendly adult conversation aimed at learning and teaching instead of belittling and demeaning.

I was simply trying to point out that Meridian IQ and YRC Logistics are one and the same.

I freely admit I don't know everything. I am still learning the field portion of the transportation industry. I don't know anything about your unions as my husband is independent. That is the entire reason I have been looking around this site, to learn more. I have been raised and educated to keep an open mind and see both sides of the coin instead of jumping to conclusion and therefore I like to learn things outside of my normal day to day tasks. However, it seems clear that others were not blessed with that life lesson.

Please take what you can from what I have said or ignore it all as you please. I wish you a wonderful day and hope nothing but the best for you.

It appears that some people don't want to be edumacated with the facts.

Me? Unfortunately, that seems to be true but not my direction. I was on here trying to learn, stated a fact that some seemed to have not known and got attacked for it! I want to learn more about how some of the things work in the field, and how things work for other drivers so that I can help my husband.

So is that the rule of this board? If you agree with every "down with the trucker driver conspiracy" then you can post? Or, wait, I haven't been on here long and mainly stuck with the YRC threads, so maybe this is only the way it works with YRC. As long as you are dogging on YRC, blaming YRC for the truckers situation, blaming YRC for the state of the national and global economy, and blaming YRC for the cost of raising fuel prices then you can post. Is that the rule around here?

Just want to know so I can make sure I play by the rules in the future.

Um, yeah, we are talking about the economy; I had no question on that. Are you just figuring it out? And in today’s world you can not talk about national without dealing with global economy.

I am going to assume you didn't state "that explains" based simply because I am a woman, because I seriously doubt you could give me a lesson in Micro, Macro economics or in Politics. But that is beside the point. I was addressing a conspiracy theory stated in this thread and trying to educate you on the falsehoods that were being spread. I was not addressing ALL theories that had been addressed in this thread or this site, only the one. However, it seems that some are to busy generalizing things, reading into things (things that just aren't there) and have become so sensitive they are not willing to enter into a friendly adult conversation aimed at learning and teaching instead of belittling and demeaning.

I have been raised and educated to keep an open mind and see both sides of the coin instead of jumping to conclusion and therefore I like to learn things outside of my normal day to day tasks. However, it seems clear that others were not blessed with that life lesson.

Please take what you can from what I have said or ignore it all as you please. I wish you a wonderful day and hope nothing but the best for you.

I would never belittle you because you are a woman. However, in regards to the topic, you can't talk the talk, so I figure its safe to theorize you can't walk the walk. I am sure you have loads of knowledge and are very competent in regard to some things. You just haven't shown a basis of knowledge in regard the portions of the conversation involving economics or politics relative to the current discussion. :soapbox:

I wouldn't be here debating with you if I belittled people simply because they were female. My wife is a Chemist. She not only knows how to blow things up, more importantly, she knows where I sleep. :shifty:

Me? Unfortunately, that seems to be true but not my direction. I was on here trying to learn, stated a fact that some seemed to have not known and got attacked for it! I want to learn more about how some of the things work in the field, and how things work for other drivers so that I can help my husband.

So is that the rule of this board? If you agree with every "down with the trucker driver conspiracy" then you can post? Or, wait, I haven't been on here long and mainly stuck with the YRC threads, so maybe this is only the way it works with YRC. As long as you are dogging on YRC, blaming YRC for the truckers situation, blaming YRC for the state of the national and global economy, and blaming YRC for the cost of raising fuel prices then you can post. Is that the rule around here?

Just want to know so I can make sure I play by the rules in the future.

Without going back and rereading all posts, I beleive you said you work at YRC Logistics. I was not directing my comment directly at you, but was making a generalization. I have been here and in the industry long enough to be able to distinguish the whiners from others with intelligent thoughts behind their posts. I personally stay informed about what is going on in the world around me. I know about the change (in name) from Menlo to YRC Logistics. As you have stated, and for anyone that doesn't know what a logistics company does, basiclly, they take the customers need, whether it be truck, rail, air, and find the solution, and sell the solution to the customer. In today's markets, the customer is always looking to save costs. We can all agree that the union companies of YRC have higher rates than Glen Moore and Logistics. Most logistic companies will then find the least expensive way for that customer to handle their needs. The fact that Logistics has their own trucks lends itself to the fact that most union employees see this as a way for YRC to erode the union workforce, as is evident by the thousands of people on layoff.
You also state
That is why my husband is an independent owner/operator.
I want to learn more about how some of the things work in the field, and how things work for other drivers so that I can help my husband.
I'm wondering whether you realize or not how these statements lead into the belief that union workers fear for their livelyhoods because of Logistics? As a logistics provider, you have the ability to send "our" work to anyone that will carry the freight for less than our companies can, including, but not limited to, funnelling that work to your husband and other independent operators, possibly for your own persoanal gain. Is it any wonder that we are a suspicious bunch?
I'll give you an example. Yesterday, I took delivery of a package that i shipped up from Miami, Fl, to Long Island, NY. It was something I ordered for myself and weighed 355 lbs. After weeks of trying to get a price from Roadway, (who I work for). the package was put on a non union carrier because it was half the price. Am I happy or proud of the decission? Not at all!! But, my bottom line is the same as many shippers, getting the best possible price, and keeping $300 in my pocket was the bottom line. Am I pissed my company couldn't (actually, I should say, WOULDN'T) match the price for one of their own? You betcha!!!

But this this exactly how a logistics company operates. Correct me, if I am wrong, but I don't think so.:smilie_132:

Now as for rules on posting, I welcome opposing views. It is anyone's right to agree or disagree with anyone else's posts. Just be prepared for the fireworks when someone does disagree. If you are going to state something as a fact, be prepared with proof to support your position. There are too many people that come here and rant (without reason or proof) just for the sake of ranting. I have found nothing wrong with anything you have posted to date, however, as I have done here, some items need clarification or disecting for those that are not seeing the big picture.

When it comes to dogging YRC or blaming them for the economy, I don't think anyone here blames YRC for the economy. The economy stinks for everyone. However, most of us, myself included, blame Dollar Bill for the way he is handling things. Specifically, there is no reason for loaded trucks to be sitting in terminals for days on end. There's no reason for deliveries to be late. There's no reason to be missing pick ups. But this is happening on a daily basis, becasue so many are laid off. How do you service the customers without the proper amount on the workforce? People should be called back from layoff to keep the freight flowing. Is this happening? Not really. The way we see it, YRC is funneling what they can to the non union side and keeping the union work force at home. In our favor is the fact that YRC can't funnel all the freight, but if this keeps up, in the end, this will infuriate the customer base to the point that they will abandon YRC companies altogether. When that happens, we will all be in the same sh*thole.

My wife is a Chemist. She not only knows how to blow things up, more importantly, she knows where I sleep. :shifty:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :
Have you considered going into stand up? I mean, you no longer have a day job......
and many of us have already posted to the fact that you bring humor to this board.

Have you considered going into stand up? I mean, you no longer have a day job......
and many of us have already posted to the fact that you bring humor to this board.

I really didn't have a response worth posting earlier, when I read this, but now I do. Just got back from grocery shopping. There was a lady walking down the isle, about the mid point of the store. She was swaddling what obviously is a child recently conceived. First think that pops into my head I say. (yes I really do this folks) "WOW, where can I get one of those? I didn't see it anywhere on the shelves!" Without missing a beat, she quiped right back "Fresh Produce !!!" :hysterical::hysterical:

Animo:

Actually it was not from Menlo to YRC Logistics, but from Meridian IQ to YRC Logistics.

Maybe I just haven't learned how to read the "tone" in your posts. So let me start over. I am not on here to whine, mislead, misdirect or anything along those lines. I have only been in the transportation industry for about 3 years. I have a lot left to learn about it, especially the field portion, hence why I am out here trying to learn.

However, Vwags your statement "You just haven't shown a basis of knowledge in regard the portions of the conversation involving economics or politics relative to the current discussion" is absolutly amazing because I sure would love some of what Amino calls "be prepared with proof to support your position". 20 years driving a truck shows you know more than me about driving a truck, but that sure does not qualify you as an expert in politics or economics. You have made a statement that you can in no way back up because honestly, it is as false as me saying you just haven't shown a basis of knowledge in regard the portions of the conversations involving driving or unionization. Try doing a little research into me, my back ground and my knowledge before stating something so negative and false about me.

Amino, You have explained a portion of our business with accuracy, however, there are other sides. But I could not tell you who is union and who is not, who charges more and who is cheaper. What I would like to point out, and you made this point for me, the client is looking for the cheapest move. It is all client driven. We have not set our goals for 2008 as "put the union driver out of business". We just go in the direction the client pushes us. Not saying it si right or wrong, just a fact of ALL business industries.

As for my husband, you have nothing to fear from him. He is a one truck company, and I work hard to keep his work and my work seperate. He NEVER hauls for my company or in competition with my company. I can say with 100% confidence and 100% assurance that you will NEVER compete with him for a load.

What I was hoping to gain on this board was some knowledge and understanding about other areas in the industry to see if maybe he should give up the independent business and become a company driver.

I have no problem with some heated discussions if you disagree with my comments, but I don't agree with the personal attacks, such as Vwag seems bent on doing (whether it is over me being a woman, or what). I have disagreed with you on a couple things but been very careful to stay respectful in my comments. I had hoped for the same kind of respect back. Not sure it is possible from some people though. :1036316054:

However, Vwags your statement "You just haven't shown a basis of knowledge in regard the portions of the conversation involving economics or politics relative to the current discussion" is absolutly amazing because I sure would love some of what Amino calls "be prepared with proof to support your position". 20 years driving a truck shows you know more than me about driving a truck, but that sure does not qualify you as an expert in politics or economics.

OK, I'll bite. Explain to me the relationship of our national economy, global economy, current US political theory and US political history relative to what Kurts original post was, in your view.

Animo:

Actually it was not from Menlo to YRC Logistics, but from Meridian IQ to YRC Logistics.

I meant Meridian.

What I was hoping to gain on this board was some knowledge and understanding about other areas in the industry to see if maybe he should give up the independent business and become a company driver.
If your husband is successful and has steady work, I would stick with that unless the expenses are prohibitive. Right now, there is little or no future for newbies in a company truck. Those that are hiring and busy right now are few and far between.

On a side note, I went to a small shopping center near the house today and what do my eyes behold. A twin axle, extended sleeper, hooked to a 53foot Glenn Moore trailer parked in the street. Don't these guys know that 53's are illegal in the bounderies of NY City. Not only is the 53 illegal, but his total length was illegal as well. I could only wish to see the look on his face when a cop knocks on the tractor and wakes him up with his ticket book in hand.

Not sure which one is more surprising, that a 53 ft is illegal in NYC or that Glenn Moore was doing a move! As I said we are told to treat our sister companies with kid gloves, but Glenn Moore is never mentioned in the mix. Even when we say USF it is always about Holland and Reddaway.

I will tell my husband to stay out of NYC. His truck is longer than most out here (without the trailer). He has some issues when they send him into caves for pick ups so it is good to know that NYC has those kind of regulations.

Thanks for the advise, that is the path we are sticking with for now, but fuel is killing us. He has started to do better now that he has changed routes, but he can spend as much as 85% of his pay on fuel alone, and Fuel Surcharges just aren't cutting it. :1036316054:

By the way, what is the casino cash???????