Yellow | Yrc Mou on new pilot program. Anybody know anything about this?

Dayton freight is already doing this. I don’t know the trucks specifics but they’re small enough that you don’t need any kind of cdl. I see them loading and unloading them in their yard

This was done now because they know this would be a NO vote in the contract negotiations.
Hoffa and Ernie just suck!!

Actually, they learned something from the ABF San Francisco area vote. 100% voted NO! Let that sink in for a moment. 100% of the members voted NO on the original proposal. It's my understanding that the first revised proposal was also voted down. So, what was the problem? Cartage! At YRC any area using cartage is an almost guaranteed NO vote.
Seeing these guys walking the docks is a huge motivator – turnout at cartage terminals will not be an issue.

Pilot program already agreed to in the above mentioned sites .Vote on what!?
There’s nothing to vote on, Hoffa and Ernie are giving the company anything they ask for now.

Guess it’s some new type of negotiation tactic, Give the company everything they want, make members vote on a ::shit:: offer and if they vote no tell them to vote again and vote yes.

I think the company wanting this could have helped get some gains in the contract that’s just a few months away.

Exactly!!! Who the $#@% do Hoffa and Soehl think they are, signing on to something that is a detriment to our pay scale, and not even TALKING with us about it first, much less getting our vote on it? This gives every one of these terminals incentive to buy, rent, beg, borrow or steal box trucks in order to reduce our sub-par pay scale even more! That's CRAP!!!
There are trying t
There’s nothing to vote on, Hoffa and Ernie are giving the company anything they ask for now.

Guess it’s some new type of negotiation tactic, Give the company everything they want, make members vote on a :::shit::: offer and if they vote no tell them to vote again and vote yes.

I think the company wanting this could have helped get some gains in the contract that’s just a few months away.
its only a temporary thing ,supposed to be 60 day trial period.If you don’t want it in your barn tell your BA hell no! It’s not a go.Not new it’s a MOU in selected sites .Just like the rate increase for new hires.Most guys won’t Do house deliveries or residential neighborhoods.

There are trying t

its only a temporary thing ,supposed to be 60 day trial period.If you don’t want it in your barn tell your BA hell no! It’s not a go.Not new it’s a MOU in selected sites .Just like the rate increase for new hires.Most guys won’t Do house deliveries or residential neighborhoods.
The give backs were a temporary thing 10 years ago too.
I should have thought that, the BA always listen to the members.
It is new as it’s not in the existing MOU.
Most of the new guys that received that new rate won’t do house deliveries.

The give backs were a temporary thing 10 years ago too.
I should have thought that, the BA always listen to the members.
It is new as it’s not in the existing MOU.
Most of the new guys that received that new rate won’t do house deliveries.
And the vote extended the concessions.If you were here then the majority excepted the reduction to make it 10 years.It will all be over if they do not come up with big increases for the existing employees.Reguardles of how much they owe the banks ,Don’t expect them to bring in new management .The banks got whom they want in place and will fleece the employees and company until there’s no more wool And that’s baaaaaad news for us .Dont be a sheep .Become a wolf .We are a pack of If We stick together we will all eat well. United were strong divided we beg .No scraps for me it’s all or nothing.

And the vote extended the concessions.If you were here then the majority excepted the reduction to make it 10 years.It will all be over if they do not come up with big increases for the existing employees.Reguardles of how much they owe the banks ,Don’t expect them to bring in new management .The banks got whom they want in place and will fleece the employees and company until there’s no more wool And that’s baaaaaad news for us .Dont be a sheep .Become a wolf .We are a pack of If We stick together we will all eat well. United were strong divided we beg .No scraps for me it’s all or nothing.
I’ve been here long before the MOU’s the second was a shame the majority refused the extension and it was rammed through on a BS second vote but that’s history.

My problem with this NEW MOU regardless of how long it is and regardless of it being a “pilot program”
Is that the Union is supposed to be in negotiation for a contract that comes up in a few months so why push this through without even discussing it with the members ?

yqigbGW.jpg

km7l2Vu.jpg

9U7ky9p.jpg

E6qhnWw.jpg

61VW2BN.jpg

yHbkvmm.jpg
Hey Ernie , don’t you know by now that calling anything an “ MOU “ is poison ? ! I mean just Damn , what the hell are you thinking ? This maybe a working idea , God know this company needs new ideas and a new business model in so many ways . But I don’t want it just because of its name . PLEASE THINK , my dues are paying you !

There are trying t

I’m over the whole residential delivery aspect. I get that customers want cheap freight charges, but if they want home delivery, they should pay ‘premium’ prices.

Our business is freight, not home delivery. Let cartage make money on the upgrade, otherwise, let the customers do dock pickups.

Dayton freight is already doing this. I don’t know the trucks specifics but they’re small enough that you don’t need any kind of cdl. I see them loading and unloading them in their yard

We have had them at Pyle for a couple years.19K GVWR and no Air brakes. They get house Del, small business that run out of house and office buildings/ hotels. They top out at almost $23 in the NYC & Boston in 2 years. They do earn their money, this is also a stepping stone for our CDL school. They know the frieght, and the ppwk is the same. They do have to get DOT Physicals.