TForce | Yrc news

Cardinal Health and Owens-Minor just dropped them. I've been also told that a lot of the management and sales are jumping ship to R+L. I see four drivers on my route from YRC and New Penn. None of the YRC's will have a job as of March first. One of the YRC's and the other from New Penn have applications in at our barn. They are scheduled for a drug test this up coming week. This is good for them, and also good for us. I wish them the best.

Cardinal Health and Owens-Minor just dropped them. I've been also told that a lot of the management and sales are jumping ship to R+L. I see four drivers on my route from YRC and New Penn. None of the YRC's will have a job as of March first. One of the YRC's and the other from New Penn have applications in at our barn. They are scheduled for a drug test this up coming week. This is good for them, and also good for us. I wish them the best.
..you think the use of contract carriers at our barns could be linked to YRC`s problems..I mean is it possible the powers at be had the fore thought to ramp up contract carriers in and out fairly quickly to pick up the slack if things really fall apart for YRC...

Is it just Me...

Or does anyone else take offense to these sort of discussions - in Our forum?

We are all well aware of what is going on around Us...

And know where to go to get the latest news and information...

I just don't think this is the place to promote these sort of conversations!

I'm not scolding...

Nor am I referring to anyone one person...

I'm just saying...

:smilie_132: We are better then this!

Let's keep it that way!

Is it just Me...

Or does anyone else take offense to these sort of discussions - in Our forum?

We are all well aware of what is going on around Us...

And know where to go to get the latest news and information...

I just don't think this is the place to promote these sort of conversations!

I'm not scolding...

Nor am I referring to anyone one person...

I'm just saying...

:smilie_132: We are better then this!

Let's keep it that way!

I agree it's a sour topic but I also think it gives us members a perspective from a UPSF point of view.
It's really not our fault that this is happening and it's not really our fault that some customers are choosing UPSF. (We might just have some really good sales people selling the whole package)

I would hate to see a UPSF member go into the YRC forum and stir the post by saying, "We got so and so company from you guys"

It's a dog eat dog LTL world and only the strong will survive and weather this economic times.
I really do hope YRC gets stronger. We all need competition to better ourselves.

....just my 2 economic pennies.

I agree it's a sour topic but I also think it gives us members a perspective from a UPSF point of view.
It's really not our fault that this is happening and it's not really our fault that some customers are choosing UPSF. (We might just have some really good sales people selling the whole package)

I would hate to see a UPSF member go into the YRC forum and stir the post by saying, "We got so and so company from you guys"

It's a dog eat dog LTL world and only the strong will survive and weather this economic times.
I really do hope YRC gets stronger. We all need competition to better ourselves.

I think if someone is posting information About YRC losing accounts to us. Or about sales and management jumping ship is not a bad thing. If I was at YRC I would want to know that information. However, There is no need to say they will be out of business March first when we all know no one knows that.

I was told we took the Target account from YRC which is a very large account nationally. Losing accounts like that and the current economy with the high debt YRC carries is in my opinion a formula for disaster.

I don't understand why they don't sell USF to us and trim down and position themselves for and if the economy ever comes back.

I wonder if the way YRC is sliming down that UPS buying the whole kit and caboodle would be out of the rim of possibilities. One never knows now days.

LOL! Maybe they being real teamsters can help us get this lame contract fixed and working like it should.:popcorn:

I don't understand why they don't sell USF to us and trim down and position themselves for and if the economy ever comes back.

I wonder if the way YRC is sliming down that UPS buying the whole kit and caboodle would be out of the rim of possibilities. One never knows now days.

LOL! Maybe they being real teamsters can help us get this lame contract fixed and working like it should.:popcorn:

Ya, that would be great, more different colors going down the road. We would look like a calico cat with wheels.

Just remember YRC is is combining two companies into one, and it's only going to be the size of one some freight has to go along with employs. Most of the mang. jobs are going to roadway.

I'm hearing You!

Perhaps it bothers me a little more - based on My five years of being there...

(three with Yellow and two with New Penn)

Although, instead of saying that We got such and such account from YRC... it could be conveyed as simply as: that We picked up a New Account - without referencing from whom (or speculating - from whom)... and then just discussing the topic...

we all depend on them to stay in business,for they are a big chunk of the union without them there might not be a union, i know our local will not exist.

I don't believe we have to walk on ice here. There is a big difference between discussion the issues and just being mean spirited. Or someone just gloating over the possible demise of YRC. We are all men and women and can plainly see the difference and consider the source for ourselves.

I think if someone is posting information About YRC losing accounts to us. Or about sales and management jumping ship is not a bad thing. If I was at YRC I would want to know that information. However, There is no need to say they will be out of business March first when we all know no one knows that.

I was told we took the Target account from YRC which is a very large account nationally. Losing accounts like that and the current economy with the high debt YRC carries is in my opinion a formula for disaster.

Only one problem with UPSF buying USF. Nationally maybe a good idea. Locally not so good. Particularly Reddaway. Too many non union barns. especially Sac. They aren't union and went as far as to decert with the help of a few top drivers. Those drivers will do anything they can to disrupt anywhere they go.

I don't believe we have to walk on ice here. There is a big difference between discussion the issues and just being mean spirited. Or someone just gloating over the possible demise of YRC. We are all men and women and can plainly see the difference and consider the source for ourselves.

Well said. I also don't think we should have to walk on ice. Information is always a good thing. Better to know these things.

Well said. I also don't think we should have to walk on ice. Information is always a good thing. Better to know these things.

I will agree to that!

And will refrain from making any additional comments - based on personal association!

Cross the line... and I will unleash the Fury!

Good replies!
Excellent points of views.

I see no problem with someone saying we got an account from so and so, it's a fact of life in this business we are in. We lose freight to our competition as well and their forum talks about it.
To me, it helps open our eyes and think about how careless we were to have lost it. (Pricing not included)
As long as we are not bashing them we are bleepin golden. I like to see you guys vent, debate and talk professionally without unnecessary censorship.

Maybe some of our UPSF freight salesmen and managers who frequent this forum will also see this as a whole.

Only one problem with UPSF buying USF. Nationally maybe a good idea. Locally not so good. Particularly Reddaway. Too many non union barns. especially Sac. They aren't union and went as far as to decert with the help of a few top drivers. Those drivers will do anything they can to disrupt anywhere they go.

Yes! I see your point but I don't think it's anything that UPSF can't overcome. If we are still here after all this MC and Ovnt crap we can make anything work. LOL! I believe if the majority of a company is union and a very small percentage stays nonunion hoping from special favors is going to be very disappointed in the long run.

Good replies!
Excellent points of views.

I see no problem with someone saying we got an account from so and so, it's a fact of life in this business we are in. We lose freight to our competition as well and their forum talks about it.
To me, it helps open our eyes and think about how careless we were to have lost it. (Pricing not included)
As long as we are not bashing them we are bleepin golden. I like to see you guys vent, debate and talk professionally without unnecessary censorship.

Maybe some of our UPSF freight salesmen and managers who frequent this forum will also see this as a whole.

bleepin golden....:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: