Yellow | YRC, No Pay No Stay!

I understand the frustration with what they're doing. That said, allow me to play devil's advocate.

Turnover is expensive. It cost money to constantly hire/train new help. Maybe if they can get some stability in the system to replace the aging workforce, that will free up some cash to pay the one's who have been through so much.

Don't allow the company to use this to divide old and new brothers. Be happy for your new brethren and welcome them aboard. They're your future. It could be worse, they could not be doing anything for any segment of the workforce.
Right on brother

Can you even imagine Carter as the XO on a Boomer submarine? So @ 2 different times of his life he had command & control of submarines capable of launching ICBM's. And in the end he signs in to law the one thing that has had more effect on unions than any other law on the books. And, he is a Democrat to boot. No matter the side of the isle you are on, they are not on your side. von.

1986 las Vegas. Jackie looks like he had one two many polish boys.Over weight and out of touch Clevelands finest.This stunt cost the IBT 25k back then.What a waste.

1986 las Vegas. Jackie looks like he had one two many polish boys.Over weight and out of touch Clevelands finest.This stunt cost the IBT 25k back then.What a waste.
I joined Teamsters Local 299 in 1974.
Noticed_01_JackiePresser.jpg

No actually Jimmy Carter signed deregulation in 1980 before he left office.
Yep, smiling Jimmy was a regular seer...
All the citizens of our Nation will benefit from this legislation. Consumers will benefit, because almost every product we purchase has been shipped by truck, and outmoded regulations have inflated the prices that each one of us must pay. The shippers who use trucking will benefit as new service and price options appear. Labor will benefit from increased job opportunities. And the trucking industry itself will benefit from greater flexibility and new opportunities for innovation.

Yep, and hows that working for us.
It's kinda screwed everything all up.
Dumb move.
Expect more to come with the current dude in the house.
30 years from now with the decisions he and his goons make for us and our grandkids will make Jimmy's deregulation thing seem like a piece of cake. But we won't be here to see it. Or live it. Our grandkids will though.
Good luck.

It's kinda screwed everything all up.
Dumb move.
Expect more to come with the current dude in the house.
30 years from now with the decisions he and his goons make for us and our grandkids will make Jimmy's deregulation thing seem like a piece of cake. But we won't be here to see it. Or live it. Our grandkids will though.
Good luck.
:732: That's a terrible way to talk about the Trumpster! Or have you just awaken for a looooongggg snooze and didn't realize that the Bammer's gone? Or, perhaps you're talking about the 'house' at 25 Louisiana Ave NW and I'm missing it?

:732: That's a terrible way to talk about the Trumpster! Or have you just awaken for a looooongggg snooze and didn't realize that the Bammer's gone? Or, perhaps you're talking about the 'house' at 25 Louisiana Ave NW and I'm missing it?
Nah.
There was no good choice.
It's a free country fortunately and we can say what we want.
Even you.
Both of us are missing nothing.

Nah.
There was no good choice.
It's a free country fortunately and we can say what we want.
Even you.
Both of us are missing nothing.
Right now he is on tv addressing the bull ::shit:: at the VA!! I'll take a wait and see! There's been more than enough hot air out of D.C. on this issue!

Can't agree with you there Jimmy, not been fantastic for this consumer,I can't find those prices you speak of.
PIE was not a poor managed co. greedy holding co. brought it down.
Until Yellow ruined Roadway it was managed well.
Can you compare UPS with LTL Carriers?
As or your pension, I'm in CSPF, same boat?

Roadboss, Teamsters tried to orginize Bowman before they went with steel workers, 61 or 62 I think

Can't agree with you there Jimmy, not been fantastic for this consumer,I can't find those prices you speak of.

Roadboss, Teamsters tried to orginize Bowman before they went with steel workers, 61 or 62 I think
Well just have to disagree. I stand by my view 100%.

Thanks

At the Denver terminal in the last few years, we've had about 15-20 drivers quit, about half were new hires, and the other half, were drivers with many years in. Just about all of them went to other jobs, and very few were retiring.
Now with this new MOU for new hires, many people are mad and talking about leaving. The company does not want to do anything for the people who went through the pay cuts to help the company with their so called "financial problems".
They need to give drivers that have been at YRC full time, a good wage increase to keep them, and not put a rookie driver at the same scale that experienced drivers are at. I think if a driver got hired with 3 years or more experience, then they should go to top scale when hired, if they just got their CDL, then they should be on a 3 year pay progression.
Going according to plan. Ya force out the old, and hire the new.