New Penn | YRC taking over New Penn Terminals

GreenDragon

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard today that as of December 1st, yellow and roadway are moving into Providence's new terminal and they have to go back to their old one.

Wow, didn't know that about Boston. What about Springfield? They are still in the same terminal, but a brand new huge office was built.

Ya and after all the money they dumped in to make those terminals state of the art.Just another slap in the face by yrc . We willl just have to see what lies ahead.

new penn survival is secondary to the powers that be at yrc. wow that rhymes. they are in survival mode at this time expect any and all moves to be made without consideration to new penn or the usf companies

where is n. reading compared to billerica, and what size barns do yellow and roadway have at these locations?

I spared for new penn 5 years ago and it was the best run freight company I ever worked for and I worked for many. Yellow whats wrong with you?

Yellow tried this back in 2005 and wanted to take over the Billerica terminal and Steve O. fought it tooth and nail. He won and quit a short time later.

At the same time down in NY they were moving RDWY into the Yellow breakbulk. They wanted to move NPME into the crappy RDWY terminal and sell the state of the art NPME terminal to ABF. Again, Steve O. fought and won.

This should be a major concern for NPME employees. It really makes me believe that YRCW really does not give the slighest thought to the NPME operation which is one of the tightest regional carriers in the country.

anybody know what shape cranston terminal is in after rdwy been there for 1 plus years? when it finally completed heard springfeild is next. roadway moveing in first and npme to there terminal in chicopee.anybody know anything about what that sure to be dump looks like? out of billerica in to n.reading. also, albany,heard either holland was to move in and share terminal with us, or getting the boot there also. i guess shareing with holland is better than loseing whole terminal. there new cfo talked about selling terminals and than leaseing back, at earnings call for 3rd quarter. only terms. that would fetch a good buck are npme terms.which are either new or redone and all well maintained in last 10 yrs.every last npme employee should just up and quit, and leave these yrc jackass' with nothing, get o'kane back and start all over again, and literally , stomp yrc in the ground business wise. i know, alittle far-fetched. anybody know warren buffet personaly? npme would be perfect company for an owner like him.

yellow does not have a clue. look at their track record of taking co's and running them into the ground.

the end is upon us

i hope you all see what is going on yellow took all the good new penn did and tore it apart it was nice while it lasted

We all no things are not good any place now in trucking just take a look at the other sites. Conway to close 40 service centers,i think more companys are to follow .We have to remember we are still one of the best companys out there in the ltl market. YRC knows we make them alot of money.Lets just hope the freight levels pick up soon so we can get some brothers that are laid off back to work. The green machine is here to stay.:funky:

anybody know what shape cranston terminal is in after rdwy been there for 1 plus years? when it finally completed heard springfeild is next. roadway moveing in first and npme to there terminal in chicopee.anybody know anything about what that sure to be dump looks like? out of billerica in to n.reading. also, albany,heard either holland was to move in and share terminal with us, or getting the boot there also. i guess shareing with holland is better than loseing whole terminal. there new cfo talked about selling terminals and than leaseing back, at earnings call for 3rd quarter. only terms. that would fetch a good buck are npme terms.which are either new or redone and all well maintained in last 10 yrs.every last npme employee should just up and quit, and leave these yrc jackass' with nothing, get o'kane back and start all over again, and literally , stomp yrc in the ground business wise. i know, alittle far-fetched. anybody know warren buffet personaly? npme would be perfect company for an owner like him.

Yellow moved into Holland's terminal in Albany a while back, sharing it with us. It is unfortunate but now New Penn is getting a taste of what we have had at Holland for a while, someone else running the ship. We, like New Penn had a very respectful operating ratio when we were aquired by YRC. Our stock was forty something dollars a share before we were bought and this company always made a profit of anywhere from 8 to 13 cents on the dollar.
Dollar Bill said there would be no changes, just some minor tweeking. When we were bought, this company had only had 3 presidents, or CEOs since its beginning in 1929. Now it has had 3 since 2005. The good management that we had, is gone, either let go or left on their own accord. Holland is paying 800 thousand dollars a week to YRC for what they call administrative fees, and YRC says the regional groups are struggling, not to hard to figure out why. Its hard to watch a company that you have put quite a few years into and had much pride and joy be mismanaged as these people don't understand the next day freight business. I know the economy stinks, but bad decisions are being made for us.