Yellow | YRC, Teamsters to Discuss Operations Changes

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
New talks could encompass truck terminals, freight handling procedures

YRC, looking to restructure its operations as the trucking operator seeks to rebuild its finances, is preparing for talks with the Teamsters union on a redesign of its freight terminal network and how its union employees handle shipments.

The redesign is the next step in a restructuring at the nation’s third-largest less-than-truckload carrier started last year by new YRC President Jeff Rogers. It’s part of a broader overhaul of the YRC Worldwide business that’s taken place since a financial rescue that included critical concessions from the Teamsters.

YRC managers will meet with union officials after completing a review of the troubled carrier’s network, Rogers said in an interview Friday.

“We’ve got meetings set up already,” he said. “I sat down with Tyson (Johnson) within my first couple of weeks as president and told him it would be coming.”

YRC Worldwide named Rogers president of its core long-haul LTL subsidiary last September after completing a $500 million financial restructuring. Johnson is the Teamsters National Freight Director and an international vice president. ............................

YRC, Teamsters to Discuss Operations Changes | Journal of Commerce

It's Time To Move On!

"We're moving forward as YRC, not Yellow or Roadway," Rogers said. "Those companies don't exist anymore. One of the biggest tasks ahead for me is to bring the Yellow and Roadway folks together."
From what I've seen on truckingboards, Rogers still has a long way to go! It's time to move on as YRC, and worry more about kicking our competition's butts instead of where we came from. We don't have to forget about our past, but it's time to worry about our future! Let's get this change of ops over with and move on!

:soapbox:

Great post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We're moving forward as YRC, not Yellow or Roadway," Rogers said. "Those companies don't exist anymore. One of the biggest tasks ahead for me is to bring the Yellow and Roadway folks together."
From what I've seen on truckingboards, Rogers still has a long way to go! It's time to move on as YRC, and worry more about kicking our competition's butts instead of where we came from. We don't have to forget about our past, but it's time to worry about our future! Let's get this change of ops over with and move on!

You can bet it won't be in our best interests, that's a guarantee with Ty at the helm.

You can bet it won't be in our best interests, that's a guarantee with Ty at the helm.
The one thing that I see most always, is people afraid of change. I have thought all along that no matter how many bills per day we move, we cannot continue to move them the way we have in the past and expect to make a profit. Too much handling = more damage, slower service. I would guess maybe moving freight more like Holland, origin terminal to delivering terminal as much as possible, may be in the future. Moving freight from say 303, to 309, to 135, to destination, probably adds at least 1, if not 2 days to delivery. We take 3 days to deliver, competition takes 2, and at the same price. I see road drivers sitting in break rooms, 2 - 3 hours sometimes, waiting on a hook. A lot of our work rules are so out of date for this LTL enviornment, that we are not able to compete. Just my opinion.

The one thing that I see most always, is people afraid of change. I have thought all along that no matter how many bills per day we move, we cannot continue to move them the way we have in the past and expect to make a profit. Too much handling = more damage, slower service. I would guess maybe moving freight more like Holland, origin terminal to delivering terminal as much as possible, may be in the future. Moving freight from say 303, to 309, to 135, to destination, probably adds at least 1, if not 2 days to delivery. We take 3 days to deliver, competition takes 2, and at the same price. I see road drivers sitting in break rooms, 2 - 3 hours sometimes, waiting on a hook. A lot of our work rules are so out of date for this LTL enviornment, that we are not able to compete. Just my opinion.

Its too bad that more people will probably lose their jobs after this latest change. However, I do agree with the above post.....if this is what we need to do in order to keep the padlocks off the gate then so be it. We are not "too big to close". If a company does not adapt and and is not constantly trying to improve the way they do things, they are doomed to fail.

how many of you have changed at least twice already?.
ill give ya change is good :-<

Its too bad that more people will probably lose their jobs after this latest change. However, I do agree with the above post.....if this is what we need to do in order to keep the padlocks off the gate then so be it. We are not "too big to close". If a company does not adapt and and is not constantly trying to improve the way they do things, they are doomed to fail.
If you were losing your job ,you wouldn't talk like that.

Sadly, without significant changes to bring costs in line with revenue NO ONE will be employed at YRC. Either we adapt or YRC becomes just another name in a long list of used to be's.

So disappointing to realize how out of touch with reality some folks are. Do you not notice the many more UPS Freight, FedEx, and Conway as compared to YRC?

Sadly, without significant changes to bring costs in line with revenue NO ONE will be employed at YRC. Either we adapt or YRC becomes just another name in a long list of used to be's.
ready to give away the farm for the 4th time.
E

I did 3 coo before my final layoff im now with holland 3 years now and have never been happier yes I do my own drop and hooks and an occasionally i pull a skid off a trailer with a fork lift but hell it feels good to get out and move a little. Also in those 3 years not laid off once....

I did 3 coo before my final layoff im now with holland 3 years now and have never been happier yes I do my own drop and hooks and an occasionally i pull a skid off a trailer with a fork lift but hell it feels good to get out and move a little. Also in those 3 years not laid off once....
you should have worked here before the buyout, then you really would be happier.

you must be a new hire. Seriously some people still think we haven't given them everything our brothers fought and died for, sad.

Think!

you must be a new hire. Seriously some people still think we haven't given them everything our brothers fought and died for, sad.
Spare me your sarcastic wit. I've been a teamster for 36 years. The last 23 in this paradise. Funny thing is I really don't recall ANYBODY dying on a picket line. Discretion is the better part of valor a lesson you evidently never learned.

Team486, I wish I was able to communicate the economic reality of America today. But I can't use crayons to post here!