Yellow | YRC, Teamsters to Discuss Operations Changes

ok this is just an example, the CEO for GM worked for $1.00 now they are profitable. He did not **** the company like YRCs CFO is currently doing.

...............But the late 1980s and early 1990s were not as kind to the automotive giant. In the eyes of some, the famed business judgment that had catapulted Iacocca to stardom began to falter. Instead of reinvesting Chrysler's profits to produce new cars that would rival those of Japanese companies, Iacocca urged the company to expand. Among Chrysler's acquisitions were corporate jet-maker Gulfstream Aerospace, purchased for $637 million, and American Motors Corporation, bought for $757 million. The purchases seriously strained the company's financial resources.

Iacocca's popularity, like the company's earnings, began to fall off. His salary also became an issue. At one time he publicly announced that he was accepting a salary of only one dollar a year from Chrysler. That changed, however, and in 1987, Iacocca was taking home $18 million per year.In 1992, he called it quits and resigned from Chrysler. He remained as a consultant to the company, with a $500,000 a year salary and use of the company jet, until the end of 1994..................
.............n 1995, Iacocca announced that he was suing Chrysler, claiming that it unlawfully blocked him from exercising $42 million in share options that he had earned while he was the chairman. Before the lawsuit went to trial, Chrysler settled out of court, paying the former CEO $21 million............
http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Lee_A._Iacocca.aspx

Gosh joe, I bet if you had been a Marine you'd of walked around allday with your tie tucked into your shirt!!!
Everyone, hoist up the white flag!!!

The long process played out. The vote is in. It is 00000veeer on that one!! The yes's prevailed. Brace yourself for another bat to the knees in the next coo.

OK please go threw this entire forum and show me my Rah Rah post ! Also unlike like you who never had a chance to vote on any of the give back I do not say to people vote YES or NO all I give them is info . And also unlike you I don't post how much I hate something everyday and then ( if it's true you really are a retiree ) accept a check from the very people you hate . OH what for it I can see your post now that YOU paid into it with your are sweat LOL .

What I met by rah rah was that you appear much more positive in the company's future to turn it around, make money and things returning to normal.
Me, I'm suspicious of everything they say and do not matter what they say the reason. After all, that don't have a very good tract record when it comes to making purchased companies flourish.
Yes, I did have a chance to vote on the first 2 givebacks and voted no to both.

I accept my check from the NY Pension Fund, not the onion persay, although they don't get a golden star for management of it. I don't like how they make out they're doing me a favor by giving me my check, they've not invested one dime into my retirement.
I don't hate the union, its done a lot over the "past" years. Its the leadership, but I don't hate them, more like despise is a more accurate term.

PS: In the last sentence of your post you misspelled sweet!!!:redface:

ok this is just an example, the CEO for GM worked for $1.00 now they are profitable. He did not **** the company like YRCs CFO is currently doing.

For some reason I can see this cfo nerd, jamie lee curtis, aka, mr.potter, living in a 20,000 sq' McMansion.
At dinner time he has his house staff serve him 10 Omaha porterhouse steaks and only eats 2 and throws the rest in the garbage while he gives his thin, underfed servants a couple of ritz crackers.
And tells them to be happy they have a job!

How about setting up meet and turns that work and getting rid of half of the 450,000 hotel rooms that the company brags about in their "GREEN" initiative? The wasted money from that could go along way in helping to turn things around.
Yes, but then coordinators would actually
have to coordinate!

Let me tell you.those motel runs pay very well.the expense for the room.just a tax deductions.don't sell this company short.they do make money.

Let me tell you.those motel runs pay very well.the expense for the room.just a tax deductions.don't sell this company short.they do make money.
Pays the same or darn close to it if it set as a turn. I have no idea if it is a complete tax deduction as you say.Would have to see that on a tax form to believe it.And if that's the way to go, why is all our competition doing less and less bed runs? Most of our competitors are closed part of the weekend to boot!

Typically and I do mean typically.yellow/roadway used to run more volume of freight at freight class 300.our normal operation standard that is way different than lets say Conway.yes with our operation cost effiencies are rather larger than a non union.but with more volume and a higher classification of freight.the revenue earned outweighed the cost factor.and the utilization of manpower and equipment was maximized.class300 freight is the gold standard for freight.class 60 per se is just so so.

Typically and I do mean typically.yellow/roadway used to run more volume of freight at freight class 300.our normal operation standard that is way different than lets say Conway.yes with our operation cost effiencies are rather larger than a non union.but with more volume and a higher classification of freight.the revenue earned outweighed the cost factor.and the utilization of manpower and equipment was maximized.class300 freight is the gold standard for freight.class 60 per se is just so so.
I haven't seen any class 300 freight for 10 years. The highest I've seen is 125,(show freight) or less. A lot of class 65 with a 80% discount. And Yrc still gets under cut on that. And I really don't see the effiencies you are referring to. Just my opinion.

Yes, but then coordinators would actually
have to coordinate!

It would be so easy to do M&G if they had set departure times on certain runs and stopped worrying about load factor and cube, its about service, but all the bozzman cares about is making his numbers and himself look good.
Any one have a friend at UPS to show them how its done?

It would be so easy to do M&G if they had set departure times on certain runs and stopped worrying about load factor and cube, its about service, but all the bozzman cares about is making his numbers and himself look good.

Still have some brown shirts left from the early 1970's (cabover Mack's with Uni-shift & Maxidyne, cabover Diamond-Reo's, and a couple of Emeryville's).

Maislin was big on scheduled meets in the 1970's and early 1980's also.

We do M&T and move all the freight. We also look at load factor and cube as well as service. You can't make money without all 3 in place.

My pet peeve. Approximately 35 employees are on lay-off. I'm not sure how the phone calls are worded for the the 4 hour employees. The majority turn down the 4 hour shift. Casuals are brought in. Casual ends up working 13 hours!

Still have some brown shirts left from the early 1970's (cabover Mack's with Uni-shift & Maxidyne, cabover Diamond-Reo's, and a couple of Emeryville's).

Maislin was big on scheduled meets in the 1970's and early 1980's also.
The problem with m&t's is if the "meet" does not happen, (Breakdown, Weather, Bad dispatching, etc, etc) then the one driver is going through no matter what. M&T's are ok, But I don't think they are the Godsend everyone thinks they are!