Yellow | YRC to Apply for Bailout Funds

I am a die hard Cleveland Browns fan.

Zollars played football at the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers.

I am an Ohio State Buckeye fan...so I dislike dollar bill even more.

Hear me Bill?...Gopher this....get out and do not come back!!:Flame-On:

I am an Ohio State Buckeye fan.
Tells this Wolverine everything I need to know.

J think if some money would get into the hands of the consumer plus a lot of the negative talk from the media could be quelled a bit.maybe just maybe we could get this economy stoked....

If the truth was known yrc prolly already got some bailout money earlier this year.no telling if this is the second payment or third.but there is more mmoney to come

Whew! Now I didn't read through all 24 pages of this thread, I did get through 12 and realized it got off topic on the first page. Last I checked this isn't the bash Bush, Nixon, Obama, Clinton forum......we've got the Political Forum for that. This also isn't the bash/blame the Teamsters forum.......we've got the Union/Non Union forum for that. This also isn't bash each other forum.....attack the post not the poster.

A couple responses did get close to what I was thinking about Zollars statement about getting a conversation started about pensions.

I am in Central States and someone correct me if I'm wrong...........for every day that I work YRC is obligated to pay into the fund, not to exceed 5 days per week. So depending how many people YRC is working at the time is the amount of $$$ paid into the pension fund..........right??

I am not aware of any extra monies that YRC has to pay into the fund on behalf of the "orphaned" retirees. Seems I do recall some moving around of the monies from pension side to H&W side to offset rising costs a couple years back.

What I'm getting at is Zollars is selling this issue using "half truths" in my opinion. Those familiar on how a multi employer pension fund works, knows that the current workers pay for current retirees, that's the way those funds are set up to work.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, thanks. DS.

LOL..............sorry for all that Jeff, you know what I mean.

I don't feel that Zollers management team is up to snuff to handle the current corporate crisis. Time after time they have made bad decisions. Now,not only is the company I work for close to failing the Health Welfare and Pension fund I am part of (which are connected) is too. DS.

I see a lot of blame being assigned here to the bosses here, be it company or union. And I maybe out of my league here but I’d like to say this. The rank and file may play just as big a part in this as well. In our Father and Grandfather’s day the union fought and died for fair treatment for the working man (this includes both sexes for the politically correct). They brought about not only fair but safe working conditions; in fact the Joe Hills are legend. Back in the day the “us against them” attitude was the only way to bring about these changes. I have always felt that in the last forty years or so that this attitude should have changed and modernized to a “let’s work together” frame of mind. My point to prove this is I used to do a meet and turn at a truck stop where a Big R driver did the same. One day Big R is sitting back in the corner with a flat tire. I asked him why he was just sitting there when catty corner from us was a Big R terminal with a shop and tires right there. He said you don’t understand if I go in there they will take my loads and call in another driver to take them on and he and his meet driver would then either lie down or move on in another direction and not get home. So he sat there for over two hours (paid) waiting for a vendor to put a tire on that the company bought and paid for plus the cost of the vendor. I have often wondered how many times this has happened in a day nation wide. Neither the company nor the union can survive without working together. The old adage of a man for every job just doesn’t make sense. Paying one man to sweep the floor, and one to hold the dust pan, while paying another to carry it out to the trash, is just not cost effective. Now you are thinking what about, what about the other two men? I would like to think that those dollars saved would go on to expand companies therefore making more jobs I hope I’m not out of line in posting here as this is not meant to be anti-union nor pro-company, just a thought that things need to change to a more modern way of thinking. My brother was with the UAW for thirty years and has told me stories of workers caught doing things, such as stealing or things they know are just wrong, and expect the union to fight for their jobs only to turn around and do the same thing a week after returning to work. The flip side is without the union is yes; the companies would abuse the workers. But the workers also abuse the companies. Is there not a way to work together?

yeah ok...but reading your posts kinda confuses me...if i did'nt see your avatar i would think different people were writing them....i was refering what i said to something else you posted...thats kinda why i linked it through quotes to my post to begin with....:TR10driving03:

Perhaps you should read my posts before you suppose something. I pointed out that we are a Marxist type nation since 1933; and that all Presidents contributed to that.

What gets my goat going is Bush 43 was hated (mostly because algore lost) for his spending and his unemployment. Obama has quadrupled Bush's spending when his agenda is passed (and an All Dem Congress, no one can stop him); and unemployment has doubled to close to 10%; yet Obama, like FDR, skates free.

You picked on Bush41-- go ahead, I agree with you. He lied (read my lips- no new taxes) and was not re-elected. I'd love to see 545 Congresspeople not re-elected, myself. Keep it simple-- solve the economy by ending taxing income-- go with the Fair Tax. Most of Today's Problems are nothing more than Petty Jealousy, and letting a Group define who you are in an argument. For instance, instead of saying "Tax THEM, not me, the argument should be "How can we solve this? Why are we discussing taxation at all-- there should never be any. Who wants to surrender personal money to the Government to be god over us anyway"? Instead of being jealous of other's money or how they get to a meeting-- why aren't we asking "How can WE survive, and make our own fortunes"? Jealousy never solved anything, other than putting another worthless politician in office.....

Hey OleGuy, let me ask you this. Around what years would this be?
Good to hear from you.

In 1955-56. G****d Transfer, Starkville, MS. Rates on bullhauling were .35 per loaded mile. Produce (Lakeland. FL to Mnpls, MN-90lb boxed oranges/grapefruit) $2.00 per box up. Potatoes -100 lb bags (Grand Forks,
ND to Vicksburg. MS ) $3.00 bag back.
Usually ran 400 boxes of fruit up and 360 bags back - Naturally scale 32,000 dry clear weather, 20 gal fuel.....

Check your map.. Between Grand Forks and Fargo is Hillsboro. Down to
Hillsboro, whack a left on Rte 200, across the shaky old steel bridge, right on
US 75 down toward Morehead,MN. 10 and 75 then was a 4 way stop. MN scales were east of 75 and south of 10. Had to go left on 10 and down and weigh, then back to 75 to come south. Line up with a convoy crossing 10/75 and make your stop, go right on across while all the melee of going up to get weighed block the view. Next stop Wentzville, MO,1 shift in 24 hr scales. Cross south of St Louis on the JB bridge, down to Cairo, Il (On #3 seldom weighed) across KY to TN and then MS.

The IH V205 rig in avatar was for bulls. 34ft Fruehauf Bunker/Blower insulated for the produce. Gasoline was .29 , really jumped to .31 with Gulfs Gulftane.

Whew! Now I didn't read through all 24 pages of this thread, I did get through 12 and realized it got off topic on the first page. Last I checked this isn't the bash Bush, Nixon, Obama, Clinton forum......we've got the Political Forum for that. This also isn't the bash/blame the Teamsters forum.......we've got the Union/Non Union forum for that. This also isn't bash each other forum.....attack the post not the poster.

A couple responses did get close to what I was thinking about Zollars statement about getting a conversation started about pensions.

I am in Central States and someone correct me if I'm wrong...........for every day that I work YRC is obligated to pay into the fund, not to exceed 5 days per week. So depending how many people YRC is working at the time is the amount of $$$ paid into the pension fund..........right??

I am not aware of any extra monies that YRC has to pay into the fund on behalf of the "orphaned" retirees. Seems I do recall some moving around of the monies from pension side to H&W side to offset rising costs a couple years back.

What I'm getting at is Zollars is selling this issue using "half truths" in my opinion. Those familiar on how a multi employer pension fund works, knows that the current workers pay for current retirees, that's the way those funds are set up to work.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, thanks. DS.

You are correct, the contributions are based on days worked, at least for central states. The increases of the new contract were based on per hour, but don't dictate whether paid to medical or pension. To lower that means reopening the contract again, as if last time wasn't fun enough last time(december) but then again the contract was negotiated one whole year ago. Maybe from now on our contracts should only be for every 6 months instead of 5 years.:ranting:

No doubt. B.O. will have double digit unemployment and double digit inflation until 2012. He's a one termer, I just hope the idiots in the repub party can actually manage a primary that presents a decent candidate.

Oh, you mean like nominating a guy who looked liked he could die any minute. No, that wasn't a conspiracy:biglaugh:

Bring on the change Obama...

I hope they get bailout money...It will open the door for other trucking companies in trouble. Hopefully keeping more drivers moving and making money.

Minimum wage workers got a raise...How about us drivers?

as an orphan, I am concerned also, however that would be discrimantion, big time. what if yellow said, lower all pensions 50 percent, what would all say then? There is no win, win here, something has to give. No group or class of drivers should be left out, or should I say kicked out and take big cuts in pension. :ranting2: