Yellow | YRC Worldwide lenders extend deadline ahead of union vote result

NO VOTERS MAKE ME LAUGH!

Most of you just want the company to resume pension payments in full . . . period!

If the proposal went back to the table and the company agreed to take out everything but the "25% pension contribution," most of you guys would still vote NO.

Give me a break!
Do you really think that the pension will be paid in full next year?

Quit now and let the rest of us make some money!

Wrong again Big Earl!
Give me my money back (about 10 grand so far this year) just in pay not counting beneys, I'll vote for this garbage.

NO VOTERS MAKE ME LAUGH!

Most of you just want the company to resume pension payments in full . . . period!

If the proposal went back to the table and the company agreed to take out everything but the "25% pension contribution," most of you guys would still vote NO.

Give me a break!
Do you really think that the pension will be paid in full next year?

Quit now and let the rest of us make some money!

just the reaction i would expect from some1 with no time invested. nothing to lose either way . mommy still makes your bed down in the basement and you will never get called back,
. no1 is going to quit so a meester can work a few 4 hour weekends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious why some of you think this means there is a plan B if voted down. All it stated was that they have extended the deadline to provide more time should a revote be needed. To me that means it provides the company and union more time to let everyone know once again that if you vote NO "again" the company is done. Vote till you get it right remember. Just my opinion.

Just curious why some of you think this means there is a plan B if voted down. All it stated was that they have extended the deadline to provide more time should a revote be needed. To me that means it provides the company and union more time to let everyone know once again that if you vote NO "again" the company is done. Vote till you get it right remember. Just my opinion.

Let's assume your correct...Which poses this question "Why even bother with the voting at all?"

you will never get called back,

Question, why do you keep bringing this up as if not getting called back is a bad thing? In my 6 yrs or so with the company the best place to be is on lay off (at least in the top 25% of laid off). You get to work what ever job for the most part that you want and you get to work when it's good for you. Want a day off......don't answer the phone. Want to drive take a driving call. Want to work the dock then take a dock call. You make it sound as if being laid off is the end of the world when in fact depending where you are on the list it's actually quite nice. Hell, my highest grossing year was when I was laid off for 10 of those months.

because its hard to listen to guys spout off about the give backs when then have nothing to lose and only need this place to work a few weekends a month.the rest of us have got to live with the crap that wont affect you ,just those who still work full time.

here in chicago they told us if we voted no AGAIN they would shut it down and it would be on our heads....we voted no. then tyson himself told us in person quote " this place will be tits up in january if yall vote no" we voted no again...now a year later more lies to pass an agreement that any non union co would be proud to say that they crafted.if you voted yes or no i can understand why, but why the lies?just want unbiased facts,PLEASE tell me now that their is no plan b

because its hard to listen to guys spout off about the give backs when then have nothing to lose and only need this place to work a few weekends a month.the rest of us have got to live with the crap that wont affect you ,just those who still work full time.

So you think only senior guys' opinions matter? The word Teamster is made from the word team. Whether You've got 30 yrs, 20yrs, or 2 years in we are all "supposedly" on the same team. Why should a high seniority man's opinion matter anymore than a low seniority man who happens to be laid off? Just because you may be on a bid and someone else may not doesn't mean that that guy isn't affected by new rules and concessions.

here in chicago they told us if we voted no AGAIN they would shut it down and it would be on our heads....we voted no. then tyson himself told us in person quote " this place will be tits up in january if yall vote no" we voted no again...now a year later more lies to pass an agreement that any non union co would be proud to say that they crafted.if you voted yes or no i can understand why, but why the lies?just want unbiased facts,PLEASE tell me now that their is no plan b

Q: Some Teamsters at my terminal are saying vote it down and send the Committee back to the table to
get a better deal.Will there be second chance for YRCWTeamsters if this is rejected?
A: The short answer is there will be no second bite at the apple and the parties have no “Plan B”.
Time has essentially run out on YRCWto straighten out its finances. The company’s revolving credit
agreement expires at the end of thismonth and the banks will not renew the facility unless they see a workable
financial future for the company that includes long termchanges to its cost structure. The banks will not wait
until YRCWburns through its remaining cash – they will get out while there’s still some cash and receivables
to count on.
Your Committee has challenged every assumption that YRCWput forward over the last severalmonths and
hired industry and financial experts to aid in the evaluation of every detail and proposal.No stone has been left
unturned and we believe this is the best,most realistic settlement we can expect under the circumstances. Individuals
who are saying “vote no”must have lined up another job somewhere else because that’s what they
have to look forward to – not a second offer coming fromYRCW.

This is from the following link http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/100810FREIGHTQandA YRCW_0.pdf