Yellow | YRC Worldwide Reports 2015 Third Quarter Earnings

OK, I'll put this in a multiple choice question for you - one question and you get to choose the answer:

Q: If we ever hope to bargain for a raise in the future, which situation offers the better chance of that happening?
(Choose either answer A or B.)

Answer A: A company that's losing money
Answer B: A company that's making money
C. A company that has popcorn machines at every terminal.

Nice move on the share price this morning...

YRC Worldwide Inc. (YRCW) -NasdaqGS
16.98 Up 3.13(22.60%) 10:24AM EDT - Nasdaq Real Time Price

Funny how everybody so happy that we are doing better exciting wow . come on really so what has got better for us teamsters soemone please explain it ???? All is see is yrc making money .
sometimes you have to look beyond the forest to see the trees,,,,,,,,,personally I like progress as in moving forward, and not holding on to where I've been especially if it wasn't good, let's try to leave it in the rear view mirror, be strong and keep it moving forward enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I'll put this in a multiple choice question for you - one question and you get to choose the answer:

Q: If we ever hope to bargain for a raise in the future, which situation offers the better chance of that happening?
(Choose either answer A or B.)

Answer A: A company that's losing money
Answer B: A company that's making money

ANSWER C: A company that makes above what the employees have given back each quarter in pension and wage cuts.

Millions paid in interest and very little on the principle, with 3.5 years left on the MOU.
10's of millions saved each quarter on pension and wages doe not define a profit, no more than using fuel surcharges....KK

Watch CNN Business at noon today. Wong, Jamie, and I will be guests on the floor of the exchange!!!

You should have been there a couple of years ago when "Money Honey" was there.

aX7CEYk.jpg

ANSWER C: A company that makes above what the employees have given back each quarter in pension and wage cuts.

Millions paid in interest and very little on the principle, with 3.5 years left on the MOU.
10's of millions saved each quarter on pension and wages doe not define a profit, no more than using fuel surcharges....KK

There's an old saying that applies here - "He would complain even if he was hung with a new rope."

This post makes me wonder if the company would ever put out a statement showing just how much they saved per year on the 15% giveback and reduced pension rate. Figure that number against the Companies qt and yearly statements and lets see how much of our givebacks is keeping the bottom line proped up. Don't get me wrong, I am impressed with the yearly results and the improved bottom line but how much longer till we can "Take the training wheels off" And see what this puppy can do?

(are going to be making a sizable capital investment in safety through this quarter and the first quarter of 2016 by installing in-cab safety technology in approximately 14,000 tractors.)

Everybody get ready for Drive Cam onboard video event recorders. Have been testing these here at 326 city equipment.

This post makes me wonder if the company would ever put out a statement showing just how much they saved per year on the 15% giveback and reduced pension rate. Figure that number against the Companies qt and yearly statements and lets see how much of our givebacks is keeping the bottom line proped up. Don't get me wrong, I am impressed with the yearly results and the improved bottom line but how much longer till we can "Take the training wheels off" And see what this puppy can do?
We're a long way from taking the training wheels off!! I'm am glad that they are making money, but a long way from being impressed. ABF is impressive making money while paying full pension and the last time I checked about $3/hr more than us. 94. 7 or for ABF now that's impressive

Last edited:
I have an opinion that is just as much as important as yours on here Triplex, other than I am not a company shill.....many workers feel the same way as I do, they just get tired of being badgered on here by others for it......KK

Nobody's telling you not to give your opinion or calling you a company shill. I'm just giving my own opinion of your opinion, that's all. Not insulting you or calling you any names like some have done to me, am I? And some are complaining of being "badgered"? Give me a break! Just because a differing opinion is being given? With all the ::shit:: comments that have been directed at me you never heard me complain of being "badgered". It's funny but some who put out the snarkiest comments are the ones who bring up the "badgering" accusation the most.

Oh and we're not "giving back" anything we never got either, just for the record.

YRC Soars as Trucker's Seven-Year Losing Streak Seen Ending

YRC Worldwide Inc. climbed the most in more than two years after posting third-quarter earnings that beat analysts’ estimates, suggesting to some that the trucker’s seven-year losing streak will finally end in 2015.

YRC Worldwide Inc. (YRCW)
transparent-1093278.png
+ 4.41(+31.84%)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-streak-seen-nearing-end?cmpid=yhoo.headline

Nobody's telling you not to give your opinion or calling you a company shill. I'm just giving my own opinion of your opinion, that's all. Not insulting you or calling you any names like some have done to me, am I? And some are complaining of being "badgered"? Give me a break! Just because a differing opinion is being given? With all the :::shit::: comments that have been directed at me you never heard me complain of being "badgered". It's funny but some who put out the snarkiest comments are the ones who bring up the "badgering" accusation the most.

Oh and we're not "giving back" anything we never got either, just for the record.
I used to get paid 22.63 /hr now I don't. I don't know, but come pay day it certainly feels like I'm giving back.

Nobody's telling you not to give your opinion or calling you a company shill. I'm just giving my own opinion of your opinion, that's all. Not insulting you or calling you any names like some have done to me, am I? And some are complaining of being "badgered"? Give me a break! Just because a differing opinion is being given? With all the :::shit::: comments that have been directed at me you never heard me complain of being "badgered". It's funny but some who put out the snarkiest comments are the ones who bring up the "badgering" accusation the most.

Maybe you don't consider it a give back,but the rest of us gave up 15 percent,vacation and looks like some pension,just for the record,this is fact.