Yellow | YRC Worldwide Reviewing Options After Unsuccessful MOU Vote!

Something was fishy with this deal from the start the timing and way it came about, maybe Gordon knew it and kept his distance? And this letter that Welch puts out last night saying that they are in contact with the IBT and the lenders exploring options? Something just isn't passing the smell test IMO...

The refinancing was contingent on the MOU being approved. It was not. Of course YRCW is exploring options, what would you expect them to do? Would you be happier if they just threw up their hands and said let's close it down?

Here's a clue ,just extend the one we got till 2019 , with same pay raise and not try to screw us any more and it will pass , IF you got the 5 million to pay Harry Wilson & a bonus for everybody else , then you can just leave us alone & worry on how to get new trucks & trailers & drivers ???

I just don't get how tone deaf executives are to the negative effects these outrageous bonuses and salaries have on the peasants.

I just don't get how tone deaf executives are to the negative effects these outrageous bonuses and salaries have on the peasants.

The compensation package they receive is justified by their actions; awarding themselves for goals achieved and services rendered.

There is a point at which their disconnect is natural. It is the world in which they live, and by what they have created that in turn justifies their existence.

"Look what we have done!"

"Look at the 'jobs' we have saved!"

"Why do they not appreciate our efforts?"

Look, the "King" has new clothes!

The refinancing was contingent on the MOU being approved. It was not. Of course YRCW is exploring options, what would you expect them to do? Would you be happier if they just threw up their hands and said let's close it down?

No just saying something just didn't seem right to me about all this

No just saying something just didn't seem right to me about all this

You'll see lots of opinions on here if you take the time to read the posts. However, if you read the financials (SEC filings, etc.) and the comments about the corporation on various financial websites you'll get an unbiased view of the actual condition of the company free of the conspiracy theories.

Vote No !!

I thought they said there was no time? And it was the end if YRC didnt get everything they wanted on their Christmas wish list?

Vote No !!

You'll see lots of opinions on here if you take the time to read the posts. However, if you read the financials (SEC filings, etc.) and the comments about the corporation on various financial websites you'll get an unbiased view of the actual condition of the company free of the conspiracy theories.

Try to get some sleep tonight, dont stay up all nite worrying yourself about the YRC troubles .

Here's a clue ,just extend the one we got till 2019 , with same pay raise and not try to screw us any more and it will pass , IF you got the 5 million to pay Harry Wilson & a bonus for everybody else , then you can just leave us alone & worry on how to get new trucks & trailers & drivers ???

I think that simply extending it is a good idea... but after what I've been reading - nothing is going to make 61% happy except... what... I don't even know what they want other than to see the company gone....... I really don't get it.....??

Most of those 61% do not want it gone. It was the way this was forced on everyone.

I think that simply extending it is a good idea... but after what I've been reading - nothing is going to make 61% happy except... what... I don't even know what they want other than to see the company gone....... I really don't get it.....??

Ever since the vote was counted - I think that is EXACTLY what they want to see.... Does anyone do the math?

Everyone that voted NO are COUNTING on the fact that WELCH won't give up... as long as he doesn't give up - there will be another opportunity....

Yes, but at the same time, most of us are fed up with this whole situation, and if they shut down, so be it.

Ever since the vote was counted - I think that is EXACTLY what they want to see.... Does anyone do the math?

Everyone that voted NO are COUNTING on the fact that WELCH won't give up... as long as he doesn't give up - there will be another opportunity....

I don't understand. I was told no time for options, vote yes or bankruptcy follows. what changed? you don't suppose...naw they wouldn't do that!

The compensation package they receive is justified by their actions; awarding themselves for goals achieved and services rendered. Isn't that the way it works? I think that's the way it works for you too....

There is a point at which their disconnect is natural. It is the world in which they live, and by what they have created that in turn justifies their existence.

"Look what we have done!"

"Look at the 'jobs' we have saved!"

"Why do they not appreciate our efforts?" They DO appreciate your efforts... But appreciation doesn't necessarily come with higher wages... does it?

Look, the "King" has new clothes!

Using your analogy - When I go to work and do a my job correctly and get paid, what I negotiated, I should feel ashamed because I set a goal, achieved the goal and got paid? Should you feel ashamed because you get paid more than someone else who works for the same amount of hours you work? OR is it "different" for us because we don't make millions? At what pay does it become a 'crime' to set a wage and get paid that wage? Just asking

Get a job - do the work - get the pay.....

If you have an ACTUAL idea of how to refinance 1.4 BILLION dollars... I'd love to hear it... however, if your anything like me, refinancing a house is enough trouble....

Just saying...

Yes, but at the same time, most of us are fed up with this whole situation, and if they shut down, so be it.

I get being fed-up with a situation... but I don't find the sense in choosing to stay IN a situation that I'm fed-up with... Why do you stay if your fed-up? Why not pursue other options?

Truth is... this is the best job out there for LOTS of people... so - instead of going to find a better job - you choose to stay here and try to make this job a 'better job'??

Sounds like getting married and then "changing" the spouse to be what you 'really wanted'... that doesn't usually work out to well....

The economy did create a whopping 74,000 jobs last month... I'm sure 26,000 teamsters will have no problem finding work. :)

Our options were unemployment, training for a new career, or getting more in the @#s. I voted No. My best option as I see it.

I get being fed-up with a situation... but I don't find the sense in choosing to stay IN a situation that I'm fed-up with... Why do you stay if your fed-up? Why not pursue other options?

Truth is... this is the best job out there for LOTS of people... so - instead of going to find a better job - you choose to stay here and try to make this job a 'better job'??

Sounds like getting married and then "changing" the spouse to be what you 'really wanted'... that doesn't usually work out to well....

The economy did create a whopping 74,000 jobs last month... I'm sure 26,000 teamsters will have no problem finding work. :)

Most of those 61% do not want it gone. It was the way this was forced on everyone.

So the problem is that the truth was put to everyone and that felt like... what... too much to deal with?

I totally get 'negotiating' for better... I get wanting to get a fair wage and have a good living... I get all that.....

What I don't get, and call me naïve or a fool, but I don't get how anyone that sees:
Their neighbors and friends & family out of work for YEARS.. "true unemployment" is 13% I hear - 1 out of 5 adult men are out of work....
and hear on the news everyday that things are getting better at a snails pace in the economy, (yeah, where?)...
and watch as 1.2 MILLION people lose 'extended' unemployment benefits...
and see that 5 MILLION people lost the 'health insurance they like'....
and hear that the sales this Christmas were 'disappointing' at best...
How does someone faced with all of the above for YEARS.... look at what was offered here, and say - Nah... I want MORE.... "If the company closes, so be it"

I get that 'everyone is fed-up' but I'm starting to wonder if they aren't 'fed-up' with the wrong things....
EVERYONE is "fed-up" - some are fed-up with being unemployed, some are fed-up with Obama-care, some are fed-up with stagnant wages (the average wage went up by what 2 cents or something), some are fed-up with working 'beneath there education', some are fed-up with having a collage degree that isn't worth the paper it's on because there are NO JOBS....

Just seems to me like the wrong 'fight' is being fought...

Feels like if this deal would have gone thru - there would have been a great deal of leverage in 2019.. but again - call me a fool.

Sorry - getting off soap box now!

Our options were unemployment, training for a new career, or getting more in the @#s. I voted No. My best option as I see it.

So unemployment was the best option as you see it (based on your previous "if they close the close" comment? Interesting... thanks for that insight.

OMG! I knew that was gonna be a long one!

So the problem is that the truth was put to everyone and that felt like... what... too much to deal with?

I totally get 'negotiating' for better... I get wanting to get a fair wage and have a good living... I get all that.....

What I don't get, and call me naïve or a fool, but I don't get how anyone that sees:
Their neighbors and friends & family out of work for YEARS.. "true unemployment" is 13% I hear - 1 out of 5 adult men are out of work....
and hear on the news everyday that things are getting better at a snails pace in the economy, (yeah, where?)...
and watch as 1.2 MILLION people lose 'extended' unemployment benefits...
and see that 5 MILLION people lost the 'health insurance they like'....
and hear that the sales this Christmas were 'disappointing' at best...
How does someone faced with all of the above for YEARS.... look at what was offered here, and say - Nah... I want MORE.... "If the company closes, so be it"

I get that 'everyone is fed-up' but I'm starting to wonder if they aren't 'fed-up' with the wrong things....
EVERYONE is "fed-up" - some are fed-up with being unemployed, some are fed-up with Obama-care, some are fed-up with stagnant wages (the average wage went up by what 2 cents or something), some are fed-up with working 'beneath there education', some are fed-up with having a collage degree that isn't worth the paper it's on because there are NO JOBS....

Just seems to me like the wrong 'fight' is being fought...

Feels like if this deal would have gone thru - there would have been a great deal of leverage in 2019.. but again - call me a fool.

Sorry - getting off soap box now!