Yellow | YRC Worldwide Reviewing Options After Unsuccessful MOU Vote!

did you do a poll of the 61% ? I didn't get to vote on that.

My humblest apology, I was assuming by what I have read... in several posts... You are right, I did not take a poll... but I also said "most" - that is again, from what I have read of what people have written.

So the problem is that the truth was put to everyone and that felt like... what... too much to deal with?

I totally get 'negotiating' for better... I get wanting to get a fair wage and have a good living... I get all that.....

What I don't get, and call me naïve or a fool, but I don't get how anyone that sees:
Their neighbors and friends & family out of work for YEARS.. "true unemployment" is 13% I hear - 1 out of 5 adult men are out of work....
and hear on the news everyday that things are getting better at a snails pace in the economy, (yeah, where?)...
and watch as 1.2 MILLION people lose 'extended' unemployment benefits...
and see that 5 MILLION people lost the 'health insurance they like'....
and hear that the sales this Christmas were 'disappointing' at best...
How does someone faced with all of the above for YEARS.... look at what was offered here, and say - Nah... I want MORE.... "If the company closes, so be it"

I get that 'everyone is fed-up' but I'm starting to wonder if they aren't 'fed-up' with the wrong things....
EVERYONE is "fed-up" - some are fed-up with being unemployed, some are fed-up with Obama-care, some are fed-up with stagnant wages (the average wage went up by what 2 cents or something), some are fed-up with working 'beneath there education', some are fed-up with having a collage degree that isn't worth the paper it's on because there are NO JOBS....

Just seems to me like the wrong 'fight' is being fought...

Feels like if this deal would have gone thru - there would have been a great deal of leverage in 2019.. but again - call me a fool.

Sorry - getting off soap box now!

Your presumptions are off, just a bit.

I do not believe that we were told the 'truth.' Maybeeeee part of it, maybe parts of different truths. There was no transparency in the financing that was offered, what the "business plan" was, nor what was to be changed going forward to use the concession money to pay of the debt. The deception was "too much to deal with."

In parts of the country, the negative employment numbers and poor economy stand fast, but many parts are recovering.

Loosing extended unemployment benefits is unfortunate, but those were created when times were at their worst. It may still be difficult, but it is no where near as bad as it 'was.'

If one is out of work for an extended period of time and diligent about finding work and continues to be unsuccessful, then maybe a new field of endeavor should be sought. Maybe some other training would fill up those empty moments of unemployment....

Christmas spending was down, that really is a good thing, but from and economic standpoint, when people have less money they spend less of it frivolously. Wages and benefits need to increase so that people have money to spend. That is what turns economies around, not increasing bottom line on the backs of labor and lower wages...

There would have been less leverage, had this passed. The company would feel no reason to change its operations and management style.

The rank and file is fed up with sponsoring continued poor decisions made at the corporate level. Rank and file do their jobs, and continue to do so, for the most part, with smiles and great effort to satisfy our customers.

I would not call you a fool, just ignorant of this situation and what we have endured.

The compensation package they receive is justified by their actions; awarding themselves for goals achieved and services rendered.

There is a point at which their disconnect is natural. It is the world in which they live, and by what they have created that in turn justifies their existence.

"Look what we have done!"

"Look at the 'jobs' we have saved!"

"Why do they not appreciate our efforts?"

Look, the "King" has new clothes!

I feel that after years of concessions nothing has changed. I have no problem paying for the service I receive. I received nothing for my sacrifice. The extension was put upon us during the holidays. The information from the company was condescending at best. The Union choose to sit this one out so where do the rank and file go for information they can trust? Where did the sacrifices we have made go? It failed because the company and the union have failed us!!!!!

Your presumptions are off, just a bit.

I do not believe that we were told the 'truth.' Maybeeeee part of it, maybe parts of different truths. There was no transparency in the financing that was offered, what the "business plan" was, nor what was to be changed going forward to use the concession money to pay of the debt. The deception was "too much to deal with."

In parts of the country, the negative employment numbers and poor economy stand fast, but many parts are recovering.

Loosing extended unemployment benefits is unfortunate, but those were created when times were at their worst. It may still be difficult, but it is no where near as bad as it 'was.'

If one is out of work for an extended period of time and diligent about finding work and continues to be unsuccessful, then maybe a new field of endeavor should be sought. Maybe some other training would fill up those empty moments of unemployment....

Christmas spending was down, that really is a good thing, but from and economic standpoint, when people have less money they spend less of it frivolously. Wages and benefits need to increase so that people have money to spend. That is what turns economies around, not increasing bottom line on the backs of labor and lower wages...

There would have been less leverage, had this passed. The company would feel no reason to change its operations and management style.

The rank and file is fed up with sponsoring continued poor decisions made at the corporate level. Rank and file do their jobs, and continue to do so, for the most part, with smiles and great effort to satisfy our customers.

I would not call you a fool, just ignorant of this situation and what we have endured.

Awesome - however, I disagree - I believe the truth was given to you... I just believe very few took the time to take a deep breath and read and understand it.

Yes - it is recovering SLOWLY very SLOWLY

Losing unemployment benefits doesn't do anyone any good - unless it spurs someone to get a job.

Agreed - they should get another trade - however, even those coming out of college are not finding work

Agreed - people should save - however, Christmas spending isn't down because people are saving.. it's because they are out of credit....

I believe there would be more leverage because when the company is on better footing.... they have something to give when the rank and file sit down on them....

So - What is the answer to fixing the poor corporate level decisions? - Perhaps the Rank and File should run the company?

I am not ignorant of this situation and what you have endured - I have been here for 16 years... ups downs and sideways.... enduring... I just fared a bit better than most... I know when to accept and alter course...

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it.

Do I already have a reputation of being long winded?

I have been accused of writing a "book" more than once...lol...... Keep up the long posts.....What you have to say makes a lot of sense and is refreshing from the Usual insults on here, especially lately, if you don't agree with them......

Only there 16 years and still have a job? Consider yourself lucky

Awesome - however, I disagree - I believe the truth was given to you... I just believe very few took the time to take a deep breath and read and understand it.

Yes - it is recovering SLOWLY very SLOWLY

Losing unemployment benefits doesn't do anyone any good - unless it spurs someone to get a job.

Agreed - they should get another trade - however, even those coming out of college are not finding work

Agreed - people should save - however, Christmas spending isn't down because people are saving.. it's because they are out of credit....

I believe there would be more leverage because when the company is on better footing.... they have something to give when the rank and file sit down on them....

So - What is the answer to fixing the poor corporate level decisions? - Perhaps the Rank and File should run the company?

I am not ignorant of this situation and what you have endured - I have been here for 16 years... ups downs and sideways.... enduring... I just fared a bit better than most... I know when to accept and alter course...

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it.

I will not argue, but will debate, just not on this keyboard. Tis one of the few things I'm not really great at but get by...typing

:( I don't like that.... but I am opinionated and I do like debate... that makes for long-windedness...

I want to do one better than what you offered wongway.Just for the threats and scaretactics and that stupid proposal.We want better raises this year and every year after til 2019.We want the supposed ratification bonus doubled and paid out upon ratification date of our new agreement.This year and next year.I feel this just because of all the stock options we got screwed out of.If you Mr.Welch can afford bonuses.You can afford this.Unless you want to be run out of Johnson county in Missouri.One more thing.We want more money paid into our pension.You keep up your deceitfulness and us Teamsters could pull the plug on this cash cow.One more item to add.We want laizze faire with our workers.Leave us alone and we will get the job done.Capeche?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
and leave our vacation pay alone.give us back our vacation we earned !!!!!!!:duh:

I don't think for a minute that the rank and file should run this company nor should they be expected to. All levels of management should be expected to do their job at the highest level just as we are expected to do. What happened to this company I believe is that it has lost touch with and the respect of its core employees, the very heart and sole of the company and by core employees I mean everyone from the cleaners, office people, sales people, dock and drivers on up to terminal level supervisors. Everyone has been beaten down by this company and the lack of respect for these very people is what will eventually kill it. Quit treating us like animals and show us some respect. The "Boys" at the top think nothing about telling you and I that they have to pay top dollar plus huge bonuses to get and retain the"Best" in senior management while at the same time telling us we are not worth what we are paid as they reach in ours pockets to steal our change. I, as most people working here, hired on to do a job. I will continue to do my job and help the people I work with do theirs as efficiently as I can but I won't stand by and watch as the people at the top refuse to listen to us but expect us to pay for their errors any longer. It's reality check time for THEM. It's time for THEM to step up and start playing their A game. It's time THEY started accepting responsibility for their actions and run these companies like they ought to be run. We've donated to the cause long enough, how about finding a cure.

I don't think for a minute that the rank and file should run this company nor should they be expected to. All levels of management should be expected to do their job at the highest level just as we are expected to do. What happened to this company I believe is that it has lost touch with and the respect of its core employees, the very heart and sole of the company and by core employees I mean everyone from the cleaners, office people, sales people, dock and drivers on up to terminal level supervisors. Everyone has been beaten down by this company and the lack of respect for these very people is what will eventually kill it. Quit treating us like animals and show us some respect. The "Boys" at the top think nothing about telling you and I that they have to pay top dollar plus huge bonuses to get and retain the"Best" in senior management while at the same time telling us we are not worth what we are paid as they reach in ours pockets to steal our change. I, as most people working here, hired on to do a job. I will continue to do my job and help the people I work with do theirs as efficiently as I can but I won't stand by and watch as the people at the top refuse to listen to us but expect us to pay for their errors any longer. It's reality check time for THEM. It's time for THEM to step up and start playing their A game. It's time THEY started accepting responsibility for their actions and run these companies like they ought to be run. We've donated to the cause long enough, how about finding a cure.

That says it all ! The old we had a misstep, so pay us more and we will fix it doesn't fly any longer. It's time for negotiations to begin in honest, no more DVD's, mailing to our homes, or all of the smoke and mirrors. What is corporate management going to do to correct issues at hand so we can move forward. I think it's time bonuses are paid for proven results not because they fill a chair in an office some where....

That says it all ! The old we had a misstep, so pay us more and we will fix it doesn't fly any longer. It's time for negotiations to begin in honest, no more DVD's, mailing to our homes, or all of the smoke and mirrors. What is corporate management going to do to correct issues at hand so we can move forward. I think it's time bonuses are paid for proven results not because they fill a chair in an office some where....

Top dollar and huge bonuses to retain the best? If they truly wanted this Co to turn around they would place into position officers that would dedicate ALL their time to this Co. For example Mr. Welsh also sits on the board for not only Sky West Inc but also Erickson Air Crane. How Does he find the time to properly run this Co. Upper management should have this Co and this Co alone in their crosshairs for financial future. Hire people that will place their full concentration to YRCW Not these empty suits trying to aquire as much as they can by any means possible.
This shell game need to stop and this business needs to be run like the original families did back in the golden days. They were profitable back then because the original owners cared about what they produced.

Do you all realize just how much of the company's money they spent doing the DVD, the multiple mailings, the "road show", the special Web site, and all of the posters in the terminals? It's well in seven figures,money that could have purchased about a dozen brand new road tractors.
I agree with DoubleClutcher. While we have suffered, the people at the top of the corporate food chain have raked it in. We must continue to do our jobs, and do them better than ever. Sadly, we are the responsible parents who are going to have to pay for the misdeeds of our petulant children in Overland Park.

Top dollar and huge bonuses to retain the best? If they truly wanted this Co to turn around they would place into position officers that would dedicate ALL their time to this Co. For example Mr. Welsh also sits on the board for not only Sky West Inc but also Erickson Air Crane. How Does he find the time to properly run this Co. Upper management should have this Co and this Co alone in their crosshairs for financial future. Hire people that will place their full concentration to YRCW Not these empty suits trying to aquire as much as they can by any means possible.
This shell game need to stop and this business needs to be run like the original families did back in the golden days. They were profitable back then because the original owners cared about what they produced.

Having "Regulation" in place, kinda helped with that whole profit thing, lest we not forget.

Do you all realize just how much of the company's money they spent doing the DVD, the multiple mailings, the "road show", the special Web site, and all of the posters in the terminals? It's well in seven figures,money that could have purchased about a dozen brand new road tractors.
I agree with DoubleClutcher. While we have suffered, the people at the top of the corporate food chain have raked it in. We must continue to do our jobs, and do them better than ever. Sadly, we are the responsible parents who are going to have to pay for the misdeeds of our petulant children in Overland Park.

Little bit of "tough love?"

We agree!

How refreshing!!

You truly - honestly- really believe that the Rank and File have the skills necessary to run a company? Most people (not targeting teamsters here) ... most people don't have what it takes to run their own household finances... BTW - I spend a lot of time with 'the average Joe' helping them straighten out their 'financial house'... on this one - I do know what I'm talking about....

In my opinion - anyone - and I do mean ANYONE who lost anything back to the bank to repo, foreclosure, or filed bankruptcy in 2007-2012 would be seriously unfit to run a company... that leaves about 12 - 30 people out of my barn... that might have some skill in finance, now lets talk management skills, investing, R&D, LOL.... Wow - that is a very sobering thought...

P.S. - I can hear you ... "That's what our MANAGEMENT did" - and on this point I say... - MANAGEMENT came up with a strategy, no matter how bad you think it is/was.. that kept 10s of thousands of people employed, with GREAT health benefits and GOOD vacation thru what was hopefully the worst of a really bad economy - That is what it takes to run a company..... and a household... make some damn hard choices and "STAND IN YOUR TRUTH" ~Susie Orman

Have a WONDERFUL SATRUDAY!! I truly do mean that :)