Holland | YRC Worldwide to shut down 11 service centers

When YRC shut down the southwest Reddaway terminals we had no bumping rights. USF Reddaway employees would be offered preferential hiring at Yellow,Roadway, or Holland after all regular Yellow, Roadway, or Holland employees had been recalled from lay-off in our operating area. You would be hired on as casual or probationary basis. Reddaway employees, who for 2 or more years regularly performed CDL required driving work would receive 90% of full NMFA rate for one year and the full rate thereafter.

dgfcby how about if yrcw down the road decides to shut down holland all together and run it themselfs. I bet you would like to transfer to them without having to jump through hoops and maybe not go to the bottom of the list. after you but your time in the company just in a different div.

robinhood, for your information i'm currently on lay-off status from 3 (yes 3) union jobs, holland being one. I've chose to put on my big boy pants and find employment. I'm not going to blame the union for my life struggles. Believe me i've jump thru the hoops and started at the bottom of many list.(bottom man at my current job) I'll take my 14 years as a teamster and not look back!!! I do hope yrc survives as so I can collect what little pension i have coming!!

robinhood, for your information i'm currently on lay-off status from 3 (yes 3) union jobs, holland being one. I've chose to put on my big boy pants and find employment. I'm not going to blame the union for my life struggles. Believe me i've jump thru the hoops and started at the bottom of many list.(bottom man at my current job) I'll take my 14 years as a teamster and not look back!!! I do hope yrc survives as so I can collect what little pension i have coming!!

how many sizes larger are those big boy pants, havent seen you for a while, i bet your passin alot of gas LOL

short memories? do any of you remember the year before the new contract ? questioniars sent out, what is most important to you in this new contract? things were slowing down at that time, and most said,be happy with small yearly raise,keep our 100% health care and raise in our pensions,some even said they would fore-go raise hourly for raise in health care and pension. we got raises and cost of liveing deal, got increase in pension and kept paid healthcare,and in return,companys got so called flexabilty with there utility guy deal. called compromize,you don't win everything without giveing something. what happened next was the worst economic down turn any of you have ever lived in or even your parents have lived in.10% give back to help save 45,000 teamster jobs or yrcw goes under,why, cause them along with a ton of other companys can't get commercial lending,or refiance ,or sell comercial paper,that keeps these big corps.running in there day to day ops.10% give back sucks,but at least union got the stock thing as getting -hopefully most of our give back back.the latest on that is ,indiviual accnts for members based on 2008 earnings, vs.stock price when it was set, and when this give back ends. if yrcw is still operateing, we all will get a good portion of lost wages back. ever work before,no, ever have this type of economic downturn before.no so, there is no reason this cant be the first time, and have it work. pick any 2 -3 industrys in this country right now and i'll bet you they have permitally layed off more workers than the yrc mearger has most likely elimanated includeing the lastest holland east coast thing.650,000 jobs a month have been lost for the last serveral months vs. 4-5,000 teamsters jobs at yrcw. do the math,ok. one last thing, there can't be but a small group of men still working that was around when hoffa sr.was president of the teamsters.he spent a portion of those last years in federal prison for useing your pension money to help finace the mafia. 100's of million just disapeared, which is probably will you still have to work. sr's bust head deal,yes was needed back than,that was what got the whole trucking industry unionized and started on the right path. those tactics would not work in todays global economey. like it or not. jr's job vs.sr'sjob is like compareing apples to oranges.whole differant world,envoiroment, econmey,nothing is the same.if you want to blame somebody for your loss of job right now, get the blame in the right direction, i beleive it;s called wall street, the ones who have turned debt of any kind into a windfall for themselfs and a nightmare one way or another for the rest of hard working ,middle class america.

he must have came in early to talk to the terminal manager:biglaugh: or i could be wrong and it might have been a preshift meeting:loser::loser:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Holland close 6 terminals in the south (Feb.2008) when Reddaway closed 21 terminals?

This is wrong, wrong and still wrong. I believe if your terminal is closed down you should be able to bump in anywhere you fit in. The city men get screwed on this language royally. With this country and company in dire straights all past language should be reevaluated. GRIZZ

That sounds like something a guy with lots of whiskers would say. Seniority rules and screw everyone else, I say later with that BS.

Not all of them was, Albany,GA & Lumberton,NC & Mobile,AL & Metter,GA & Norcross,GA was Holland but not sure if that was in 2008 ?
I think what he meant was that they were originally Bestway terminals before they were changed to Holland terminals. Yes they were Holland at the time of closure.

they were closed a couple days before the contract vote was counted

Thought so but was not sure ? Thanks, by the 8 road drivers & 3 city drivers are getting layed off starting Saturday in Columbus & that counts me ! heck we do around 700 to 800 city bills a day but the relay keeps going down. I think that my be off topic just letting you all know.......

sinking fealing

Thought so but was not sure ? Thanks, by the 8 road drivers & 3 city drivers are getting layed off starting Saturday in Columbus & that counts me ! heck we do around 700 to 800 city bills a day but the relay keeps going down. I think that my be off topic just letting you all know.......
Here in buffalo were doing 300 outbound on a great day, 11 out of 18 road bids were just cut And 6 more city guys laid off just today. We have just 44 city men working. I feel for you, im in the same boat with you.

Here in buffalo were doing 300 outbound on a great day, 11 out of 18 road bids were just cut And 6 more city guys laid off just today. We have just 44 city men working. I feel for you, im in the same boat with you.

Thanks, I did load all your freight & everything going east out of here its has been getting smaller they have been adding SY & AY on it & you know thats going to stop, and I was one that did load with pride ! but I know some bad ones got by me ? good luck brother I am going back to bed maybe I will wake up & this was all a bad dream.......:smilie_132:

Welcome back Maynard G. Good to see you.​

Thanks Snowflake, I'm glad to be here.

Should be interesting to see what happens at Holland during the next 12 months, now that it has become crystal clear that the IBT is in the back pocket of YRC, leaving us SOL.

Why are these people being layed off? Is it due to the closing of the east coast and less relay will be run through Columbus, and the contract carriers from New Penn freight will no longer be going there?

So what does it mean?

When YRC shut down the southwest Reddaway terminals we had no bumping rights. USF Reddaway employees would be offered preferential hiring at Yellow,Roadway, or Holland after all regular Yellow, Roadway, or Holland employees had been recalled from lay-off in our operating area. You would be hired on as casual or probationary basis. Reddaway employees, who for 2 or more years regularly performed CDL required driving work would receive 90% of full NMFA rate for one year and the full rate thereafter.

So did x-redyway drivers get jobs at YRC? Did they get taken care of or did they get the shaft?

So did x-redyway drivers get jobs at YRC? Did they get taken care of or did they get the shaft?

Former USF Reddaway employees had 60 days to apply at Yellow,Roadway,and Holland. If you refused a job no matter what it was you were no longer eligible for any future employment under the preferential hiring agreement. The handfull that were hired only worked a few months before being layed off. We had a meeting at our local with Yellow,Roadway,and ABF to discuss hiring. The representative from Yellow did not show up.:nutkick: