Yellow | YRCF Vandalism!

albag

Pray for peace!
PREMIUM
Credits
8C97EQz.jpg

Darren Hawkins confirms that hot gluing the USB ports is done by YRCF. Broken display for the collision avoidance radar was not. But may have been accidental.
11525 a Freightliner had only 23,000 miles.
The logic behind "VANDALIZING" the stereo is YRCF doesn't want us talking, texting, using smartphones or headphones while driving.
Never mind that with a USB port we could listen to audio books, podcasts, our own music, etc. ON THE IN CAB SPEAKERS. HANDS FREE!
The deplorable lack of understanding of technology is UNBELEIVABLE!

8C97EQz.jpg

Darren Hawkins confirms that hot gluing the USB ports is done by YRCF. Broken display for the collision avoidance radar was not. But may have been accidental.
The logic behind "VANDALIZING" the stereo is YRCF doesn't want us talking, texting, using smartphones or headphones while driving.
Never mind that with a USB port we could listen to audio books, podcasts, our own music, etc. ON THE IN CAB SPEAKERS. HANDS FREE!
Technology?? Have you seen their computer system? Hell they havent even heard of backup generators!

Technology?? Have you seen their computer system? Hell they havent even heard of backup generators!

If your post is in reference to the problem last year in Overland Park, it was determined that an ongoing Construction Project in the Business Park severed a Fiber Optic Cable. It had nothing to do with the Company's System.

8C97EQz.jpg

How was this confirmed that it was done so by management?.....KK

If your post is in reference to the problem last year in Overland Park, it was determined that an ongoing Construction Project in the Business Park severed a Fiber Optic Cable. It had nothing to do with the Company's System.
Ok so they dont have a backup? All data HAS to go thru Overloard Park? They dont have the ability to switch to servers at the other operating company's mainframes? One failure took out 5 companies. All the eggs in one basket.

Ok so they dont have a backup? All data HAS to go thru Overloard Park? They dont have the ability to switch to servers at the other operating company's mainframes? One failure took out 5 companies. All the eggs in one basket.

If they spend money on backup/redundant systems/networks you and some others would be screaming about how they are wasting money that should be given back to the employees.

If they spend money on backup/redundant systems/networks you and some others would be screaming about how they are wasting money that should be given back to the employees.
Each company already had its own system in place. There is no need to route it thru Overloard Park.

8C97EQz.jpg

USB ports on forklift scales were disabled as well. They said they were being used as charging ports for personal phones.

8C97EQz.jpg

They haven't grasped the concept of air ride suspension for their trailers yet, what makes you think they care or understand moving forward with technology with the exception of tracking their employees movements. The local bosses all have the new cell phones and lap tops as we ride around in worn out and out dated equipment. It's great to see that the revenue providing employees and equipment are held to 1980's levels while white shirts get the latest upgrades.

I just received this e-mail from Darren Hawkins.....To say I am shocked would be an understatement....KK

Hawkins, Darren
To

Jimi_Richards
Today at 1:20 PM

"....................... the YRC Freight safety policy does not allow any cell phone use in the cab nor can we promote this option. The issue we ran into was that utilizing this port also allows an operator to plug in and have a hands free phone which violates our long standing no cell phone use in the cab policy. We attempted to get the manufacturers to make this change internally within the radio and we were told that this would impact the radio and XM radio. The XM radio is an important part of making these new tractors more comfortable for all of our drivers. Cell phone use in the cab can lead to personal liability for the driver as well as for the company.

There are other instances where the port could be used for music, audio books, etc but due to being consistent with our safety policy on cell phones we didn’t have an option other than to make it unavailable........."

Does Hawkins realize that the company NEEDS our phones more than we do?

For instance:
Go to a rail yard and try to find a pay phone.

Guess who calls us when coming in with a "hot load".

Go to a terminal or a customer with no map available. Dispatcher says "use your GPS". Guess where they are!

Most of all, when we break down and nobody stops to check on us, are we to start walking to a truckstop for help?

Yep, phones are bad. Somebody better tell the dispatchers and TM's.

How does the union feel about this no cell phone policy? Since it isn't law and you can be disciplined for it it needs to be negotiated and addressed by the union.

I just received this e-mail from Darren Hawkins.....To say I am shocked would be an understatement....KK

Hawkins, Darren
To

Jimi_Richards
Today at 1:20 PM

"....................... the YRC Freight safety policy does not allow any cell phone use in the cab nor can we promote this option. The issue we ran into was that utilizing this port also allows an operator to plug in and have a hands free phone which violates our long standing no cell phone use in the cab policy. We attempted to get the manufacturers to make this change internally within the radio and we were told that this would impact the radio and XM radio. The XM radio is an important part of making these new tractors more comfortable for all of our drivers. Cell phone use in the cab can lead to personal liability for the driver as well as for the company.

There are other instances where the port could be used for music, audio books, etc but due to being consistent with our safety policy on cell phones we didn’t have an option other than to make it unavailable........."

Are they also going to eliminate the power points since they too can be used to charge cell phones?

This in one of the more idiotic moves this outfit has made, not only are they eliminating something useful but they will also be charged for damage when turn in time on the lease comes around..........................

Are they also going to eliminate the power points since they too can be used to charge cell phones?

This in one of the more idiotic moves this outfit has made, not only are they eliminating something useful but they will also be charged for damage when turn in time on the lease comes around..........................
Hawkins, etal have really raised the bar on stupidity.:regretful::duh:

Vandalism of any kind isn't condoned by me.I haven't driven any of the new freightliner day cabs nor the sleepers.Ive been listening to drivers who have.Most of the complaints have been from all the noise makers that are really annoying.The cruise control slowing the vehicle down.Way ahead of time.That is some of the complaints.Look I understand technology and safety.Im all for it.Supposedly we all had SMITH SYSTEM training.We are all professionals.When technology takes over most of the driver's responsibility and actually hinders that individual's ability to perform his or her job.Thats when I have a concern.I may be off topic but my opinion on the usb port being glued.Isnt an issue with me.I ask that those that do drive these new high tech equipped vehicles.That you may file a grievance about his or her concern on safety and go from there.Or maybe him or her can just ask for a change in power unit.If you're a driver and you don't feel comfortable or safe.Dont drive it.Ecspecially sleeper teams.