Yellow | YRCF Vandalism!

I have driven the new Volvo. The features are annoying, but I adapted quickly. What is annoying is the hypocrisy from the top, while our union rakes in the $$ from dues for "representation" only to turn a deaf ear and a blind eye

Vandalism of any kind isn't condoned by me.I haven't driven any of the new freightliner day cabs nor the sleepers.Ive been listening to drivers who have.Most of the complaints have been from all the noise makers that are really annoying.The cruise control slowing the vehicle down.Way ahead of time.That is some of the complaints.Look I understand technology and safety.Im all for it.Supposedly we all had SMITH SYSTEM training.We are all professionals.When technology takes over most of the driver's responsibility and actually hinders that individual's ability to perform his or her job.Thats when I have a concern.I may be off topic but my opinion on the usb port being glued.Isnt an issue with me.I ask that those that do drive these new high tech equipped vehicles.That you may file a grievance about his or her concern on safety and go from there.Or maybe him or her can just ask for a change in power unit.If you're a driver and you don't feel comfortable or safe.Dont drive it.Ecspecially sleeper teams.
Well, "there are truck drivers , and then there are truck drivers".

I just received this e-mail from Darren Hawkins.....To say I am shocked would be an understatement....KK

Hawkins, Darren
To

Jimi_Richards
Today at 1:20 PM

"....................... the YRC Freight safety policy does not allow any cell phone use in the cab nor can we promote this option. The issue we ran into was that utilizing this port also allows an operator to plug in and have a hands free phone which violates our long standing no cell phone use in the cab policy. We attempted to get the manufacturers to make this change internally within the radio and we were told that this would impact the radio and XM radio. The XM radio is an important part of making these new tractors more comfortable for all of our drivers. Cell phone use in the cab can lead to personal liability for the driver as well as for the company.

There are other instances where the port could be used for music, audio books, etc but due to being consistent with our safety policy on cell phones we didn’t have an option other than to make it unavailable........."
Not to be a smart a$$, but ask your city dispatch how they communicate with their city drivers most? The radio in the brick , that they hear like every other conversation, or hardly any of it ,or the drivers cell phone, so the driver can get accurate info to help him do his job better????

There is a name for folks like you! :fingure: Thanks, :crybaby: "I want my USB!"

More than one way to skin a cat. Always more satisfying to outwit than to force.

usbc202m_2000x2000.jpg

image_16304.jpg

Last edited:
"I want my USB". Sung to the tune of Dire Straights' hit 'Money for Nothin'. Line goes 'I want my MTV'.....

Dire Straits - Money for Nothing [Wembley -85 ~ HD]:

which is why their excuse of cell phone use is complete :horseshit:

Of course. I wonder if it's just some misguided way of trying to legally cover their butts in case a driver should have an accident while using a phone. They can say they disabled all the ports to prevent phone usage. Just a guess anyway. With all the nonsensical lawsuits being filed these days who knows.

Last edited:
"I want my USB". Sung to the tune of Dire Straights' hit 'Money for Nothin'. Line goes 'I want my MTV'.....

Dire Straits - Money for Nothing [Wembley -85 ~ HD]:
I was thinking "Weird Al Yankovic" could make a GREAT parody when I said "I want my USB"! LOL