Yellow | YRC's redheaded stepchild DALLAS TX 511

Try seeing the crap they r doing at 324 for dock and hostlers they decided for the third time this year they needed to readjust again after the new bids from the coo didn't work now the are only trying to have 24 Monday thru Friday bids (13 dock 11 hostlers). Needless to say the union got a lot of calls today this is on top of them routing work around 324 and sending it to Nashville. Guess we will have to see what comes out of the emergency meeting the local had with them today

Try seeing the crap they r doing at 324 for dock and hostlers they decided for the third time this year they needed to readjust again after the new bids from the coo didn't work now the are only trying to have 24 Monday thru Friday bids (13 dock 11 hostlers). Needless to say the union got a lot of calls today this is on top of them routing work around 324 and sending it to Nashville. Guess we will have to see what comes out of the emergency meeting the local had with them today
Probably right about diverting freight around 324. If u guys can't work the freight and get it down the road. Hell u sit up stairs waiting for a hook for hours.

I find this all a little funny.
it also show why we are where we are today.
you all are all up in arms about this crap but its been going on since the buy-out .we have raised hell about all these same things 4 years and it seems like if we post this crap here you all say the same thing. THEY WOULDNT GET AWAY WITH THAT CRAP WHERE I AM..
its all funny when its somewhere else.
time to stick together and up for each other has long gone with vote after vote

I find this all a little funny.
it also show why we are where we are today.
you all are all up in arms about this crap but its been going on since the buy-out .we have raised hell about all these same things 4 years and it seems like if we post this crap here you all say the same thing. THEY WOULDNT GET AWAY WITH THAT CRAP WHERE I AM..
its all funny when its somewhere else.
time to stick together and up for each other has long gone with vote after vote
Where you been???? Vacation???

Right or Wrong them Teamsters in Dallas have always stuck together and got the point across.
keep up the good fight brothers.. maybe a little will rub off elsewhere ............

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry you feel that way (((longblade))). Its attitudes like yours that in my view are a cancer in the locals . We must stick together as brothers in arms or divided we will fall. Old man Hoffa said the union would not fall by the companies actions. It would fall due to member inaction or apathy well i believe we may be at that point I pray I'm wrong but STAND UP we must at this time to preserve what little we have left. Wrong one Wrong all in my view. The co. Over the past what four years has assaulted those who come to work day after day . They have harassed the workers long enough in Dallas by basically ignoring the contract. .& past practices not to mention the maintenance of standards clause. Well **** has it the fan not due to the men of 511 its solely placed at the feet of the company. Now will get off my soapbox and ask of you this take some time read The Bridge Builder then ponder where our labor movement would be if we go by what many people here say the company will always win.....

The real "cancer" is that we (YRC and also ABF) are competing with non-union companies. In that environment, we have no real bargaining power to speak of. Sad fact of life these days. The real solution always was and still is to organize the non's, that's where and how we would have had real power.

Right or Wrong them Teamsters in Dallas have always stuck together and got the point across.
keep up the good fight brothers.. maybe a little will rub off elsewhere ............

Maybe it will rub off in Atlanta where the diverted freight becomes an "easy 603 miles" for them.

shoulder surgery july 3rd .lol just finally sitting upright for a little while.
Ps I don't think any of this is funny. just the fact that its the same thing that's been going on for years and fought and bitched and complained about on death ears .
its always been IT would never happen here .but here we ago around and round again .same ol crap different day different local but same ol crap.
I think we had about16 different bids just a couple years ago. the peanut counters are in charge get used to it

shoulder surgery july 3rd .lol just finally sitting upright for a little while.
Ps I don't think any of this is funny. just the fact that its the same thing that's been going on for years and fought and bitched and complained about on death ears .
its always been IT would never happen here .but here we ago around and round again .same ol crap different day different local but same ol crap.
I think we had about16 different bids just a couple years ago. the peanut counters are in charge get used to it

Rotator cuff??

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dallas is at it again . Management are threating the workers . Run like hell or we will fire you. One evening shift steward fired for no reason except to scare the workforce. Punitive bids that will force workers to set in traffic countless hrs. a week. Current bids now are 6am-2pm,2pm-10pm,10pm-6am easy commute The new bids are (1am_9am,9am_5pm,5pm_1am) so if anyone's aware of Dfw's traffic patterns compounded by 511 crappy location the workers will be locked in gridlock atleast once a day. After all is said done Dallas management could careless about the customers they serve and even less about those that service the customer On that note they are even showing lack of regard for even federal laws. So all i can say is management can go burn hell as far as many of us are concerned.
Same **** different day!!

For one thing as far as Dallas/511 is concerned.When the company and the union came together to change the start times for hostlers and others recently.Why didnt Ken Bryant and crew come together and protest the new bids before anything was posted?All the work safe techniques could've been avoided before hand.Afterall isn't the bids discussed before hand before anything is posted?So blame the B.A. Ken Bryant for allowing the bid changes to be posted.

In response to bigtruk_us's comment yes bids i believe were discussed . I was not there for I am not a steward but as you can see there was and is still little common ground unless things have changed in the past few hours. There is more at play then just the bids. If you believe that bids are the sole reason for what has transpired I have some ocean front property in Oklahoma for you .

In response to bigtruk_us's comment yes bids i believe were discussed . I was not there for I am not a steward but as you can see there was and is still little common ground unless things have changed in the past few hours. There is more at play then just the bids. If you believe that bids are the sole reason for what has transpired I have some ocean front property in Oklahoma for you .
Which ocean?:hysterical:

one question I know a lot of the tms at major terminal's and correct me if I am wrong............. but they say dallas ranks atop for the worse bills per hour and hooks per hour I heard that the average at most big terminals is over 87 minutes that is true it is sad at a end of the line two city guys hook a set in 15 minutes cause they appreciate a good paying job cause there are none in small towns............ really the problem is the 70s way of producing doesn't work today plain and simple you cant pay the best wages and benefits when you don't get maximum effort ill guarantee a weeks pay that con way,fed x ,old dominion move more bills per hour and hooks in there large terminals and with less employees also.. then we do..........................and that is 50 percent of why we cant make money the other 50 percent is poor management its sad but over 20 years ive always said this place wont survive unless work ethics change and management gets there act together you cant compete against the other ltl companies when they have lower legacy costs, lower wages and bennies, and they do more work per hour fact .............................................................and for the ones that will complain and say I am wrong your the ones that screw off ,take your time,stand around bs ing etc if you did your job like you should and produced you wouldn't be offended and I get it you where taught to work a certain way by the senior guys back 10 15 20 years ago but this isn't the same as it was when in the 70s there where over 800 unioun trucking companies if you don't change with the times you get left behind and where almost there what 5 union ltl companies know

Tbank you Kennesaw Kid i will forward those terminal numbers to the Ibt for grievances for diversion of work a clear breach of contract . And to those who belive that dallas is in a slowdown they are not . They are just doing their jobs in a safe productive manner using or trying to use all lthe tools available to them to protect the customers freight so it is in the same condition when it gets to the custumer . Kennesaw Kid you of all people should know that a slow down ore work stoppage is in direct violation of article 8 of nmfa so quit spreading lies about those who are working in dallas..

Here is my earlier post for us.....KK....WHERE did a "spread a lie about Dallas?"....First part was asked as a question....Second part was asked as a question too....received no direct answer.

I assumed that is why we are via Memphis to pick up locked rail trailers that were sent to Memphis rail yard instead of Dallas rail yard? We via Memphis from Jackson EVERYDAY to pick up freight in Memphis going to Atlanta, as it is OUR primary freight per COO Committee that your Dallas buddies were in charge of.

What we at other terminals know about Dallas comes from the DALLAS drivers who run to Jackson and other places WHO TELLS US about slow downs and the running of forklifts off the dock on purpose and breaking keys of so that no one can use them....and other horrors going on in Dallas....YOUR own people at Dallas are telling US what is going on....If this is not true, then maybe y'all should have a talk or two with them?.....just a thought....KK