Yellow | YRCW Extension Ageement Proposale For December 6, 2013!

You did. But it then you get it back in year 11. Also it appears to be a $1500 bonus in total (if I read it correctly). A $750 bonus and a $750 payment.

Ok you say it sounds good but if you GIVE up that .40 cent raise,it works out to about $830 a year.. Now say you have ten more years to retirement .. Do the math you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out just how much you will be losing..And all that is without any o/t figured in..

$750 bonus =$300 after taxes been there done that .
here a good one,Utility Employee. This would permit use of utility employees within a 180 mile
radius to service end of line terminals. It would not directly result in layoffs of
road drivers.
40 vacation instead of 45 for dock .

here a good one,Utility Employee. This would permit use of utility employees within a 180 mile
radius to service end of line terminals. It would not directly result in layoffs of
road drivers.

$300 after taxes on a $750 bonus? You were in the 60% tax bracket? Just how much were your earnings for the year to put you in that high a bracket? :smile:

road drivers.

That was already in the last agreement we made about Utility employees. Nothing new.

Ok you say it sounds good but if you GIVE up that .40 cent raise,it works out to about $830 a year.. Now say you have ten more years to retirement .. Do the math you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out just how much you will be losing..And all that is without any o/t figured in..

Oh you're right. The bonus doesn't matter that much although it does reduce some of the costs of the other things proportionately. You also have to remember that I'm of the camp that money I never received isn't money that I've lost. I also have way less than 10 years to retirement. It's not nearly as painful as I was bracing for...and OT stays.

I'm disappointed with the health and welfare changes but the cuts had to come somewhere.

Yep...I ain't got there yet....The PTS will be 6% of road miles and have a total of rail and truck outsourcing for 26% of ALL road work per year!!
..BS...Don' t ever vote to outsource your work.....you will NEVER get it back!....KK

I have always heard, although we may be voting on a certain percentage of "outsourcing", it is nearly impossible to monitor. For instance P&D cartage.
Also, I'm sure the contract percentage, agreed upon originally for "rail" is abused.
That 26% of road work could turn into any percentage over the long term.

Oh you're right. The bonus doesn't matter that much although it does reduce some of the costs of the other things proportionately. You also have to remember that I'm of the camp that money I never received isn't money that I've lost. I also have way less than 10 years to retirement. It's not nearly as painful as I was bracing for...and OT stays.

I'm disappointed with the health and welfare changes but the cuts had to come somewhere.

Keep the bone-us, apply it to health care increases.

Once again us road drivers get screwed. Time to start sending out apps cause this is worse than the jippos