Yellow | YRCW / IBT Scotsdalle, AZ Update!

I was wondering if the merger was addressed, that the plan to be completely merged by March 09 and the plan to cut 15000 Teamster jobs. They want us to take a pay cut and lay off 15000 in 3 months. Are they using our concession to pay for the Change o Ops. Bad management and not knowing if I'll have a job in three months, Why would I vote yes for a pay cut. Its very disheartening to see all this going on.

Trickle down....trickle down.....first YRCW, then ABF. Next, the non union boys will be taking cuts. Where will it end?

This is from Yahoo Finance. NO changes in health care or elsewhere. After nearly 20 years I think it's finally time to finish school and move on to a new career.

YRC, union reach tentative deal for wage cut
Wednesday December 3, 4:00 pm ET
Trucking company YRC Worldwide, union reach tentative deal for immediate 10 percent pay cut

NEW YORK (AP) -- Teamsters leaders vote unanimously for union workers at trucking company YRC Worldwide to take an immediate 10 percent pay cut to hold up the company's dwindling finances.

Teamsters spokesman Bret Caldwell said Wednesday union leaders reviewed the deal and said they expect to send it out for a member vote on Dec. 9. Ballots are expected to be counted on Dec. 30.

The 40,000 union workers at YRC Worldwide Inc. are currently covered under a 5-year contract that began in March. Caldwell said the agreement is an amendment to help cope with current market conditions. The Overland Park, Kan.-based company has about 58,000 employees.

The cut will not include any changes in health care or other benefits.

This is smoke and mirrors!!!!! Watch out

Fly all the union heads,some say donkeys, to Vegas for 2 days, :hysterical: for a 10% table talk. All this emergency hype, we need this cut yesterday crap???????:1036316054:
Looks like a set-up, smells like a set-up, walks like a set-up, talks llike a set-up............................set-up for something bigger.:nutkick:

I'm sick to my stomach......I'm out

Base your life on 40 hours....10% comes to around $90.40 per week cut at 52 weeks is $4,700.80.
Never live your life by what OT you think you will get....KK
Road drivers $7000-$8000 a year loss! Depending on how hard we run. Not only that approaching the worst recession, slower volumes of freight, and im already down 4% from last year, due to freight volumes. Cut is bigger then it appears.

Because allot of road drivers don't even make the 90% ($.51.210 cpm that we will be making under the cut...thats how....KK

I didn't realize jimmy g needed you to answer for him. But anyway, my point was he said "you" (meaning you, I and any YRC teamster employee) would make a lot less working for another place. He does not know what jobs or positions YRC drivers are qualified to work in and at what wage, trucking or not. Sheese.

There's a big world out there beyond YRC.

I hate to say this ... but I must
All you nay sayers that dont want to give back in this economic devastation...
Please QUIT NOW!!!!!!!!! and go find the great jobs with the great benes that you are all talking about that are out there!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then maybe we can bring back some BROTHERS that are laid off who would be more than happy to be making 90% instead of the 0% they are mking now

I DONT WANT TO GIVE BACK ANYTHING BUT THE SHIP IS STILL AFLOAT IF WE ALL MUST BAIL TO STAY ALIVE THEN GIVE ME MY PAIL !!!!!!!
IM NOT QUITE READY TO DROWN JUST YET
IF I PI**ED ANYONE OFF TOO BAD
THERES NO MORE UNION JOBS AND I FOR 1 WOULD RATHER STAY UNION !!!!!!!!!

No I have no interntion of quitting.
What you and others fail to understand is this.
Once you start to give back, it will never end.
They will come back and ask for more whenever they please.
This whole deal stinks. Too many lies from both sides.
They were in taks for "weeks" before any of this was made public.
All the while we were being told, that we had NO cash flow problems.
The IBT states they sent auditors in to examin the YRC book to determin if a give back was needed.
I am no accountant, but it take a great deal of time to do a complete audit of a company to establish its financial worth.
I believe this was a white wash by the IBT to protect THEIR interests not the MEMBERS.
I have yet to see Hoffa or any excutive of the IBT state that they will give up thier multiple pensions (not that Hoffa needs a pension). The general Member they represent is hopping to collect ONE pension.
The excutive on either side have no intention of giving up their perks and bonus plans, while the Members suffer.
SO don't believe for a moment this will save your job.
WE are missing pick ups on a daily basis , because we don't have the bodies to pick up the freight.
How long do you think the customers will deal with this before finding someone else?
As we all suspect this has already been passed, befor a vote is sent out or let alone counted.
So no I will no quit!
I will not give in until they lock us out.
And mark my words this will happen, and in the near future.

Give me time giys....I want this to right for you all....the employees will have 15% of the commomn stock as I see it....let me read more and I will get it posted ASAP!....dang....KK

Road drivers $7000-$8000 a year loss! Depending on how hard we run. Not only that approaching the worst recession, slower volumes of freight, and im already down 4% from last year, due to freight volumes. Cut is bigger then it appears.

Yes...you would make less per tour...but the same amount of tax write off per tour will not change...ie; if you run Florida, you get $62.00 per tour to write off on exspenses...

3 TAM would be $372.00 per week on write off...48 weeks per year is still a $17,856.00 write off on less gross pay after 10% and you will even more back on your taxes!.....KK

Yes...you would make less per tour...but the same amount of tax write off per tour will not change...ie; if you run Florida, you get $62.00 per tour to write off on exspenses...

3 TAM would be $372.00 per week on write off...48 weeks per year is still a $17,856.00 write off on less gross pay after 10% and you will even more back on your taxes!.....KK
Great point!, However this still stinks, In my situation I only have 18K left to live on due to Child Support. Before giveback! Have to drag ex back to court now! Joy! So tip if there is any other Teamsters strapped and divorced check with your state laws. My state says if you can prove a significant loss of wages you can lower your child support.

How would you know that? You don't know that. :shrug::knockout:

Wow! Touchy, aren't we??????

Do I know EACH member, and Every job they could potentially land? No.

What I do know is that I've been checking jobs in the Indy Area (and it seems to be one of the Few Bright Spots job-wise, in the NorthEastern US at this moment) for a month and a half in anticipation of my being laid off (which happened two weeks ago). I WILL make out as well (eventually) as if I had stayed at Yellow; perhaps better paywise, minus benes. Count pay for benes, about the same, ever so slightly less. But much harder work. Sorting/segregating food at grocery warehouses. Most would have to work for less, IF they could even get jobs.....

All LTL in the Indy Area are currently on a hiring freeze-- Union or Non. The TruckLoad Carriers are hiring-- most anywhere from 36-40 cpm to start; the best seems to be Schneider Tank Div- 43 1/2 cpm plus a fuel bonus and some other bonuses. They are gone two weeks/ home 2 days. Not for me.

IF YRCW folds, yes, everyone will hire. I've applied at ABF-- they do the same NMFA we do. Start at the lower scale, bottom of the list, etc.....

It's Possible you can do better than Yellow. I don't know your particulars, true. Perhaps you'd run for a Racing Team, making 200,000 per year? Or ABC Sports, again, making 200,000 per year? In my humble guess, though, IF you could better yourself, you'd probably already BE gone, and not complaining/ nit-picking posts on here......

:biglaugh: :hysterical:

BTW... This giveback in wages will flush approx 5 years of raises down the crapper. :sadwavey:

Really?

Man, I didn't know that I'd have to figure all the money I made above base rate 5 years ago, figure out the surplus and send them a check?? If that's the case, then I'm voting No too!

Where'd you see they wanted all that money Back?

OK....GO TO TOP OFWEBSITE PAGE PAGE AND PRINT YOUR OWN COPY OF WHAT YOUR BA WAS GIVEN TODAY....thanks for your paitents today.....whew.....KK

OK....GO TO TOP OFWEBSITE PAGE PAGE AND PRINT YOUR OWN COPY OF WHAT YOUR BA WAS GIVEN TODAY....thanks for your paitents today.....whew.....KK

Thanks KK!

Unfortunately, I am one of what appear to be many here that can't access downloading pdf files. ( Dial-up too slow; adobe reader takes ten hours to download....)

Always appreciate your hard work though! :1036316054:

Really?

Man, I didn't know that I'd have to figure all the money I made above base rate 5 years ago, figure out the surplus and send them a check?? If that's the case, then I'm voting No too!

Where'd you see they wanted all that money Back?

Talk about nit-picking! Now you're getting ridiculous. Go ahead, send the check! :duh: :knockout: :shrug:

Talk about nit-picking! Now you're getting ridiculous. Go ahead, send the check! :duh: :knockout: :shrug:

All I'm doing is illustrating how absurd, ludricrous and silly you are. We aren't being told to tally things up and send them back a check. We're being asked to work for 10% less. Yes or No. Why all the drama????????

NO...READ THE PAPERS....you will still get your raise each April 1st, but it will 10% less on the rate!.....KK
The way i am reading it is its 10% reduction in wages immediatly on the implemation date. Then 10% of each wage increase over the life of the contract, no cola. I think the other guy meant 10% cut up front we are flushing the last 5 years down the crapper. Current single man rate 56.900 cpm-10% 5.69cpm =51.210 cpm. Based on 2200 miles per week $125.18 estimated loss. NOT INCLUDING CLOCK TIME. Waiting on hook, delays etc Current hourly for road is $22.65-10% 2.26=$20.39 per hour. Roughly loss of $135.00 per week for us road drivers. Times 52 weeks = $7020.00 Yearly 10% of my yearly wages.