Yellow | YRCW / IBT Scotsdalle, AZ Update!

Not sure of the significant, but I find it odd that they are going to count New Penn’s votes separate from YRC National and Holland. I smell something?:hide::duh:

You really got to get out and get more involved....read the NMFA, The IBT Constitution and by-laws...An Educated Union member can be dangerous to management!...BECAUSE....New Penn is not part of TNFINC....Teamsters National Freight Industry Negogiations Committee...they allways agree to a "me too" when contract negogiations come around and agree to what ever the IBT negogiates.....Yellow-Roadway and Holland are in TNFINC and have to vote separate.....KK

You really got to get out and get more involved....read the NMFA, The IBT Constitution and by-laws...An Educated Union member can be dangerous to management!...BECAUSE....New Penn is not part of TNFINC....Teamsters National Freight Industry Negogiations Committee...they allways agree to a "me too" when contract negogiations come around and agree to what ever the IBT negogiates.....Yellow-Roadway and Holland are in TNFINC and have to vote separate.....KK

Good stuff kid and keep it coming... :popcorn:

I did say not sure of the significant. KK, your quick to reply here, why didn't you return my e-mail and Pm's over the COLA issue? Thats why your on the E-board of 728 you know the fine details. Thanks for all you do, it is appreciated.

I did say not sure of the significant. KK, your quick to reply here, why didn't you return my e-mail and Pm's over the COLA issue? Thats why your on the E-board of 728 you know the fine details. Thanks for all you do, it is appreciated.

Concerning the COLA?.....hmmm...hit me again DC....I dont recall that one!.....KK:1036316054:

The language as I see it is that Management will get credit for pension and 401k matches made 6 months ago and may not have to take a 10% cut. I am sure under those guidlines that Bill Z will escape with out any wage cut. If all Teamsters are going to take 10%, then all Management should take 10%. This is a huge "grey area " that seems to have wiggle room. Either everyone is in or everyone is out. If I was laid off does that count towards my 10% sacrifice?

MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING ON THE WAGE REDUCTION - JOB SECURITY PLAN

"YRC Inc. (successor to and currently doing business as Yellow Transportation and Roadway), USF Holland, Inc. and New Penn Motor Express, Inc. (each “the Employer”), by and through their multi-employer bargaining representative, Trucking Management, Inc. (“TMI”), and the Teamsters National Freight Industry Negotiating Committee (“TNFINC”) of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (the “IBT” or the “Union”) hereby establishes The Wage Reduction - Job Security Plan (hereinafter the “Plan”) for the benefit of all of their employees."

Why is New Penn being tallied seperately???

Could someone please explain to me why New Penn's votes are being tallied seperately? Here is the official language: "Ratification. For the purposes of ratification, YRC Inc. and USF Holland Inc. shall be treated as one voting unit, and New Penn Motor Express, Inc. shall be treated as a separate voting unit."
What I'm basically asking is, if this gets passed by Y/R + Holland, and voted down by New Penn, would they then be exempt from the concessions?

please, i need more info on what it will take to put our pay back to normal. is there any language on this or are we being asked to take a 10% cut from now until the end of the contract no matter what happens? if this cut helps yrc out and then some... if their stock shoots up over the next half year... if they become more profitable than they ever hoped for, are we still being asked to accept 10% less or does everything go back to 100%?

:furious: Sonofa :censored2:. What frigging state you live in? Ms 213. wk. I'd stay home for that! Heck I work one day casual and can't file for the week. Friggin Mississippi. :chairshot:
Ya I have a family member unemployed can't find a job, and is drawing 452 a week. The post above says $407. Oh well, Like he said why work? I told him pride?? Anyway KS

please, i need more info on what it will take to put our pay back to normal. is there any language on this or are we being asked to take a 10% cut from now until the end of the contract no matter what happens? if this cut helps yrc out and then some... if their stock shoots up over the next half year... if they become more profitable than they ever hoped for, are we still being asked to accept 10% less or does everything go back to 100%?

First, we have to make it there. I don't believe we've seen anything of the bottom of a bad economy yet. The last recession, started under Clinton in 2000, took 4 years, a large taxcut, and agressive military action against terrorists to come out of. Is Anyone in Washington talking taxcuts? No; quite the opposite in fact. In 2010, EVERYONE's taxes are scheduled to go up....And one 9/11 type attack would destroy ALL of our economy. Read Biden's statement of a coming "test".....

It's all related.

Second, None of this was in the contract. It's being added. IF YRCW rebounds, as you say; the best we can try is to have the Teamsters pressure the Corp for a reopening of negotiations. Sounds pessimistic (trying not to be)-- BUT-- always go back to my first sentence "Frst we have to make it there."

Here Here

Base your life on 40 hours....10% comes to around $90.40 per week cut at 52 weeks is $4,700.80.
Never live your life by what OT you think you will get....KK

:1036316054:I couldn't agree with you more. The lives of the currenct workforce are based on the amount of O/T that they have to work each week. You really get into a bind when your weekly budget depends on your amount of O/T.

YOU SHOULD NEVER EXPECT ANYTHING OVER 40 HOURS PER WEEK. I know I will get some flack over this since Yellow will work you till you drop. (To me that is just extra money)

If it is a 10% giveback, you can probably make up the difference in an extra hour or two each week in forced overtime. So actually, your pay will be about the same each week - you will just have stay another couple of hours at work.:cuss:

Why Im Voting no

First, management had to certify its
representation to the union that, to
the best of its ability, the business
plan it presented is likely to succeed.

We have to take the Unions WORD and they are in Bed with Yellow.

Second is the concept of equal sacrifice.
Management and non-union
employees are required to participate
in cost sharing in an equal
manner.
This is Bull Company saying they already gave back so on what the Difference is. What about the cut we took on benefits,prescrips,longer time till retirement?
Second Part B
"The Employer agrees not to increase wages (including Bonuses) and Benefits of current non-bargaining unit employees(including Managment).
BUT
In the event it becomes necessary toincrease thisl imit in order to retain employees.WOOOW
• Third is the ability for those taking
the 10 percent wage cut to have the
opportunity to earn some of that
money back if the company’s stock
appreciates

Bull only If you have enough money left after the 10% wage cut to purchase stock.Not a giveaway.
Got a headache will post later the rest.