Yellow | YRCW Making Unilateral Changes To Disciplinary Standards....IBT Protests

If you read the regulation linked above, you'll see it prohits even hands-free equipment if the unit is placarded.

Oops, just re-read it and it doesn't say that. My bad.

i have been retired since 1997 from holland and cannot understand why yellow continually faults drivers in various manners. I remember when i first started with holland, a dispatcher was not even allowed to make rude remarks or anything of that nature. You could make suggest to central dispatch on how to better the trip or how to pick and kick and terminals to make things better. You have drivers out there and yellow knows it, that will brake rules etc. To get what they want. I remember drivers jumping the computer system in their trucks so they would go faster just to beat other drivers to a destination. The drivers are their own worst enemies and yellow feeds off these situations where they know they can find a driver that will do what they want. If they want to have drivers to have cell phones, let them first get approval first from the dot to see how the driver can use the cell phones properly and then furnish the cell phone systems if approved at their cost. Again, the drivers are their own worst enemies and will continue to be that way. I am sure they would limit the calls to just their business. That is human nature. I remember the days when we did not even have cbs and if we wanted to call home, we used a pay phone if available. Drivers were friendly and use hand signals to communicate to oncoming drivers. What change all of this.
corporate greed$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I have been retired since 1997 from Holland and cannot understand why Yellow continually faults drivers in various manners. I remember when I first started with Holland, a dispatcher was not even allowed to make rude remarks or anything of that nature. You could make suggest to central dispatch on how to better the trip or how to pick and kick and terminals to make things better. You have drivers out there and Yellow knows it, that will brake rules etc. to get what they want. I remember drivers jumping the computer system in their trucks so they would go faster just to beat other drivers to a destination. The drivers are their own worst enemies and Yellow feeds off these situations where they know they can find a driver that will do what they want. If they want to have drivers to have cell phones, let them first get approval first from the DOT to see how the driver can use the cell phones properly and then furnish the cell phone systems if approved at their cost. Again, the drivers are their own worst enemies and will continue to be that way. I am sure they would limit the calls to just their business. That is human nature. I remember the days when we did not even have CBs and if we wanted to call home, we used a pay phone if available. Drivers were friendly and use hand signals to communicate to oncoming drivers. What change all of this.
corporate greed$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

To be honest, it's also greed on the part of some drivers - the ones who don't stop for a break or a meal, the ones who pull in and don't take the time to fill out defect reports so they can dash in and hit the clock, etc. Greed is an equal opportunity attribute.

The handhelds they give city drivers they call while you are driving and they can tell by the GPS they have in it. I just wish I new a way to shut them off.

They are getting nervous about the low score. And of course new equipment is out of the question because they can't afford it. So put it on the employees. Let them do what they want. Just do what you have to do to protect your job. I bid out of P&D because of they're bs. I know you road drivers have to drive so protect yourself
They are EXTREMELY nervous about their CSA score. When you have rolling garbage for equipment this is what happens. This company's lack of capital expenditures is its undoing.

Wooo Hooo, Y'all have no fear. TJ is standing on the table and a jumping up and down. Rest at ease the cavalry is on its way.

They are EXTREMELY nervous about their CSA score. When you have rolling garbage for equipment this is what happens. This company's lack of capital expenditures is its undoing.
I work at PHI YRC 152 my tractor is 16years old ex Roadway unit it was damaged when we were in Camden Terminal ie Cherry Hill over 3 yrs ago before they closed our barn and moved across the river. One day guy is taking pictures I inquire what is up? He replies they are gonna put a new body on it at Trenton 112 terminal by body mechanics., it was approved to be fixed by head garage maintenance. That was 3 weeks ago still waiting for its return to the crap heap of Pand D units! Feel like Vallerie Trucking tractors older than drivers in the seat!

Good points everybody!

Bottom line here?
Give me a frekin letter under your "New" policy and see just how frekin fast we end up at 8 cities or Eastern region!

THIS AIN'T FEDEX WHERE THE COMPANY CAN DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT AT A WIM!
Nice try Mitch!

Wooo Hooo, Y'all have no fear. TJ is standing on the table and a jumping up and down. Rest at ease the cavalry is on its way.

Yep they are just trying to figure out how they will pull the wool over our eyes next time they want something.

I may have your answer really very simple it is.
If you train and inform your employees your wasting valuable production time.
This is funny, other trucking companies have been educating their drivers on these new, now old, regulations for years now and this is the first I have seen of our management even acknowledging them. When I asked questions about these rules a few years ago at my terminal they seemed to be totally oblivious. Nice to know that management puts in their 20% of effort when they expect 180% out of us.

I work at PHI YRC 152 my tractor is 16years old ex Roadway unit it was damaged when we were in Camden Terminal ie Cherry Hill over 3 yrs ago before they closed our barn and moved across the river. One day guy is taking pictures I inquire what is up? He replies they are gonna put a new body on it at Trenton 112 terminal by body mechanics., it was approved to be fixed by head garage maintenance. That was 3 weeks ago still waiting for its return to the crap heap of Pand D units! Feel like Vallerie Trucking tractors older than drivers in the seat!

It takes time to pull all the parts off other 16 yr old trucks!

I think its laughable that they act as though the problem with our CSA score lies with the drivers and not the junk equipment. Guess what ? DOT is onto the fact that our fleet is ancient and patched together with zip strips and high speed tape.

Baffling how a company who cant find any help
looks for more and more ways to fire guys.

Who maked the call to pay these corporate people more than 25 grand/ year?
I dont even know if they're worth that.

Never worry about moving freight.
There's much more important things i geuss??????????

They can call all they want, you don't have to answer when you are driving....I would hope you have the numbers of ALL your callers in your phone to screen in case you are busy....my phone will send a rejection text that I have pre-assigned when driving..they call them smart phones for a reason......KK

They can call all they want. If it's to your cell phone, Paid for by you, Then you don't have to answer it even if your stopped for coffee!!!!!

I have a call rejection notice on my smart phone that sends back a text to cellphone and land-line calls that read...."Operating YRC Freight equipment and cannot use the phone, please leave a message."

16 days left in the 3Q.....KK