Yellow | YRCW Making Unilateral Changes To Disciplinary Standards....IBT Protests

if you read the company policy on this you will see that the use of cell phones ,hands free or not is against company policy and you can be fired for it regardless of federal law.

I have been retired since 1997 from Holland and cannot understand why Yellow continually faults drivers in various manners. I remember when I first started with Holland, a dispatcher was not even allowed to make rude remarks or anything of that nature. You could make suggest to central dispatch on how to better the trip or how to pick and kick and terminals to make things better. You have drivers out there and Yellow knows it, that will brake rules etc. to get what they want. I remember drivers jumping the computer system in their trucks so they would go faster just to beat other drivers to a destination. The drivers are their own worst enemies and Yellow feeds off these situations where they know they can find a driver that will do what they want. If they want to have drivers to have cell phones, let them first get approval first from the DOT to see how the driver can use the cell phones properly and then furnish the cell phone systems if approved at their cost. Again, the drivers are their own worst enemies and will continue to be that way. I am sure they would limit the calls to just their business. That is human nature. I remember the days when we did not even have CBs and if we wanted to call home, we used a pay phone if available. Drivers were friendly and use hand signals to communicate to oncoming drivers. What change all of this.

Ralph sounds like you have a problem with guys using "paperclip" as a CB handle. Yeah, I know bad joke :)

if you read the company policy on this you will see that the use of cell phones ,hands free or not is against company policy and you can be fired for it regardless of federal law.

AND, when did the IBT sign off on this?....I can't find it.....KK

The teamsters spent tens of millions of $$$$ electing Obama , now they must live with Obama's regulations...

The union wanted this clown, they got him.....
Tens of millions huh. You got a link to prove that or is it just something else you made up?

I have never given out my cell number except to a couple of close family and friends. I tell everyone to call my home (land line) all the time. The main reason is that I don't always keep my cell turned on and I choose not to be on a leash all the time regardless of who wants to call me. I survived for many years without being constantly available to everyone. That being said, when I'm out, I turn on "call forwarding" on my home phone (land line) to forward calls to my cell. That way when I'm out I don't miss work calls.
Dang, I thought you were so old, you no longer worked. :hysterical:

Since it's not a job requirement to have a personal cell phone, why not ignore the call?
Triplex is exactly right. Ignore any calls from YRC while enroute. Use their own rules against them. You can pick and choose which calls to return simply by scanning your voice mail or missed calls. If dispatch don't like it, too bad. Tell them to refer to their own company rules. Remember, it IS your phone to use or NOT use as you choose. YRC did not buy it or furnish it or pay the monthly fees or require it as part of your employment.

Triplex is exactly right. Ignore any calls from YRC while enroute. Use their own rules against them. You can pick and choose which calls to return simply by scanning your voice mail or missed calls. If dispatch don't like it, too bad. Tell them to refer to their own company rules. Remember, it IS your phone to use or NOT use as you choose. YRC did not buy it or furnish it or pay the monthly fees or require it as part of your employment.

All calls from Holland dispatch go straight to voicemail. Cuts down on IDS or "Indecisive Dispatcher Syndrome" and I don't get treated any differently because of it. We're not talking rocket science here. Just say'n.

You'll always have your A kissers and rats yapping to supervisors on the cell. Good!! Maybe it'll weed out the scum.

I work at PHI YRC 152 my tractor is 16years old ex Roadway unit it was damaged when we were in Camden Terminal ie Cherry Hill over 3 yrs ago before they closed our barn and moved across the river. One day guy is taking pictures I inquire what is up? He replies they are gonna put a new body on it at Trenton 112 terminal by body mechanics., it was approved to be fixed by head garage maintenance. That was 3 weeks ago still waiting for its return to the crap heap of Pand D units! Feel like Vallerie Trucking tractors older than drivers in the seat!

Ha!! Vallerie what junk they had,I went for a Road test there the trailer had no brake lining whatsoever.

Ray Vallerie was a real screw up kept dragging me in there to go take a physical but never set up the appt. THANK GOD I walked away:clappy:.What a joke!!!!:clappy: