Yellow | Yrcw seeks economic relief from teamsters!

both jimmy and bill have millions in the bank - and own multiple homes...

who do you think will pay for this in the long run?

who do you think will be "gravely" effected?

Don't be fooled into thinking any of them have the MEMBERS best interests at heart.
Tehy are doing what is best for themselves and we should do the same.
Remember whatever we give back is gone for good!
On given back it will never return.
It becomes a slippery slide down, that more and more will be asked for!!

Well, yes and no. Franklin Raines (an Obama advisor) is one of the central players that caused the Mortagage meltdown. And Not Drilling for more oil caused wars and the price of oil to skyrocket, which collapsed the economy. (Blocked by Eviromentalists/ Dems; the Repub House of Reps at the time voted to drill) Today's markets are falling/floundering because they really can't predict whether Obama will follow thru with his agenda to basically Nationalize everything. (further Marxism; we've been a Marxist Nation since the Banking Act of 1933 and Social Security of 1935). Business will not spend under a raising of Capital Gains. Our jobs are done if he really Does Raise Taxes......If you doubt what I'm saying-- go to the Interstate Ramps and ask a homeless guy to hire you. Let me know how you make out!

Oh dear God lets not start a "Bless the Republicans" rant.

I know the tention is high but what is all this jaber before you know what you are talking about. I want YRC to still be some of the kids on the block but it sounds like you have all quit before the fight has even begun

Change

Well, yes and no. Franklin Raines (an Obama advisor) is one of the central players that caused the Mortagage meltdown. And Not Drilling for more oil caused wars and the price of oil to skyrocket, which collapsed the economy. (Blocked by Eviromentalists/ Dems; the Repub House of Reps at the time voted to drill) Today's markets are falling/floundering because they really can't predict whether Obama will follow thru with his agenda to basically Nationalize everything. (further Marxism; we've been a Marxist Nation since the Banking Act of 1933 and Social Security of 1935). Business will not spend under a raising of Capital Gains. Our jobs are done if he really Does Raise Taxes......If you doubt what I'm saying-- go to the Interstate Ramps and ask a homeless guy to hire you. Let me know how you make out!

I think it is comments like these that convinced most people to back Obama. The country is continually being hurt BY the wealthy, FOR the wealthy! The crisis we are in with our company and our country, is just part of a much larger scheme on a global basis. I'm sure the powerful silent majority will wait and study the proposal in good time and make a choice based on the facts presented by the end of December.:smilie_132:

yes, genius I know why oil is at 50 it is called supply and demand....I am not affected by the idiots in washington dc but I would say some of you have no control of your lives. How about taking some I and change what you don't like.....the teamsters and the company is about I maybe you should follow your lead they sure aren't about U.

Oh dear God lets not start a "Bless the Republicans" rant.

I'm not a Republican. I didn't vote for McCain, so don't even start that. Just I cannot stand Marxism (Class envy, Government is god) , and that's all the Dems run on. Nothing but Petty Jealousy.

I think it is comments like these that convinced most people to back Obama.

That actually is quite an ignorant statement if true. I would actually hope that one would research a subject and vote from being informed, instead of voting because someone made a statement you didn't like.....

Unfortunately, I tend to agree with you that most people DID vote out of fear, hate, ignorance. Most have no clue ever what any candidate is for or against.....That's our American government School Indoctrination for you....:chairshot: Most people voing for Obama were voting against G W Bush, and he wasn't running. The Repubs would have won in a landslide had they run a Repub instead of a Democrat in the wrong party. (And I'm not a Repub). Why do you think Obama went against everything he ever voted for and ran on a taxcut for the MiddleClass (Which he won't do-- he's actually raising taxes on everyone by at least $1900 a year in 2010. Funny though-- he won't call that a tax hike!)

If the rise in the price of gasoline caused mortgages to fail; why would not a rise in the cost of taxation not do the same? It still comes from the same pocket? Less money to spend is less money to spend. We ain't seen nothing yet of a bad economy....

Much as you didn't like my statement-- I'm betting you cannot show me anywhere that I was wrong...

I DO hope and pray Obama is the very best Prez we've ever had! But I don't see him doing anything except making people turn more to Government to be god of their lives, and that ain't good; I've read the Final Chapter.....

To be fair, the mortgage meltdown was not cause by one person and the price of oil does not hinge on just one issue. Conservatives always say 'let the market take it's course'. They always want less regulation.

Well, the market took it's course...straight down. When the times called for a little more regulation on the greedy sobs who profited from this whole mortgage fiasco NO ONE, Dems or Repubs put in place the controls needed.

The almost universal view concerning the rise in oil prices is that the high oil price were a function of Speculators and the weakening of the dollar worldwide. The drilling or not drilling of oil may have been a factor, but not much of one.

The collapsed economy most certainly was affected by both of these factors but in the final analysis was caused by GREED. Finally, some politicians started calling for regulations, but the damage was done. Hopefully, lessons have been learned and the philosophy of no government controls will be tossed aside.

BTW through this collapsed economy ABF seems to be doing fine. Don't you ask yourself "Why can ABF do well in this economy but YRCW cannot?" They operate under the same contract, use the same equipment have the same customers, etc. The difference is they do not have YRCW MANAGEMENT.

FULL RATE OR LOCK THE GATE

BTW through this collapsed economy ABF seems to be doing fine. Don't you ask yourself "Why can ABF do well in this economy but YRCW cannot?" They operate under the same contract, use the same equipment have the same customers, etc. The difference is they do not have YRCW MANAGEMENT.

We have no argument here on that. ABF concentrates on ABF, not several companies trying to combine with overextended debt like YRCW seems to.

I hear old-timers all the time, saying "I used to get laid off all the time, Yellow came back". True. BUT, YRCW isn't in the trucking business as the old-timers were. The old guys owned one company. They held the trailers until they were full. They reinvested their money to keep equipment updated, workers happy. Customers got their freight when Yellow said so....

Now, with so much debt, YRCW has to concentrate on keeping customers. If we don't run the trailers for service, the customers go to whoever will. Money gained goes to debt service, and also gets written off for "Bad Investment Credit". Synergy that was supposed to save us is eaten up by because we're hauling less, running more empties or 1/2 full ones, or having to sell terminals and add on to old ones. Customers shop around now for price unlike anytime ever. We've gotten raises. Benefits like the pension Fund have lost money. Threats of raising taxes stifles business expansion. It seems every time a contract with a shipper is up, Fed Ex gets it....

We can't change that Zollars spent more than he should have, or bought things he shouldn't have. Who of us really knows-- maybe all those were failing and we didn't know it? Maybe Yellow would have been gone as well. We'll never know. What we Do know is: Without a change in the way YRCW does things, it appears the market doubts our company. I have benefitted form a wage concession in the past. I'm probably gone from YRCW's plans for the future. So vote against it if you want; you cannot affect me. I'm just warning you. Pride goeth before a fall. Get the info and decide on facts before voting.....

We have no argument here on that. ABF concentrates on ABF, not several companies trying to combine with overextended debt like YRCW seems to.

I hear old-timers all the time, saying "I used to get laid off all the time, Yellow came back". True. BUT, YRCW isn't in the trucking business as the old-timers were. The old guys owned one company. They held the trailers until they were full. They reinvested their money to keep equipment updated, workers happy. Customers got their freight when Yellow said so....

Now, with so much debt, YRCW has to concentrate on keeping customers. If we don't run the trailers for service, the customers go to whoever will. Money gained goes to debt service, and also gets written off for "Bad Investment Credit". Synergy that was supposed to save us is eaten up by because we're hauling less, running more empties or 1/2 full ones, or having to sell terminals and add on to old ones. Customers shop around now for price unlike anytime ever. We've gotten raises. Benefits like the pension Fund have lost money. Threats of raising taxes stifles business expansion. It seems every time a contract with a shipper is up, Fed Ex gets it....

We can't change that Zollars spent more than he should have, or bought things he shouldn't have. Who of us really knows-- maybe all those were failing and we didn't know it? Maybe Yellow would have been gone as well. We'll never know. What we Do know is: Without a change in the way YRCW does things, it appears the market doubts our company. I have benefitted form a wage concession in the past. I'm probably gone from YRCW's plans for the future. So vote against it if you want; you cannot affect me. I'm just warning you. Pride goeth before a fall. Get the info and decide on facts before voting.....

Trucking is still trucking. Whether it's ABF, YRCW USF HOLLAND, FEDEX.

We pick freight up from one customer and take it to another customer in a timely manner and without damage...It's not rocket science, but mistakes can be costly.

I will take full responsibility for my mistakes. I will not take responsibility for the mistakes of others. That is a big problem in this country...people not being responsible.

Even without a giveback, I don't believe that YRCW will close. If you read the SEC filings, it seems that things are not bad enough to go to that extreme.

A good manager, a good CEO will have contingency plans in place in the event 'plan A' doesn't work.

I truly hope that YRCW's contingency plan is not "givebacks"

I'm not sure why you say that you are gone from YRCW's future plans. It is conceivable that once the merger is completed and things settle down, just by virtue of the fact that our sales people will have smaller territories to cover, they should be able to garner more freight, which will mean recalling layed-off people. Then if and when the economy recovers AND management has changed the way they operate, YRCW will be in a superior position.

Time will tell

So vote against it if you want; you cannot affect me. I'm just warning you. Pride goeth before a fall. Get the info and decide on facts before voting.....

Jimmy, nothing personal. I'm not trying to affect you and it has nothing to do with pride.

What's right is right