XPO | 2007 Raise

What are you central guys complaining about were only getting 21.05 hr/503/mile out here on the left coast

In The Detroit area a starter home cost $200.000 ,the money we make out here is nothing compared to the big three,that make 27.00 an hour!!!

In The Detroit area a starter home cost $200.000 ,the money we make out here is nothing compared to the big three,that make 27.00 an hour!!!

thats all ok , you guys have huge outbound numbers thats no lie, but here in the florida we really dont have a huge outbound "BUT" let me tell u we have huge inbound weight coming in from you guys from the north. the south really has no production like up there. thats why alot of OTR guys dont like coming to florida, Can bring alot down, but really cant get nothing back out heading north. you guys deserve the pay. BUT NOW !!!!!! i do not want to hear anybody say the cost of living is more in the north. we in florida all of us just got our a$$ handed to us, with home insurance and property taxes. most home insurance has doubled. and now has gotton to the point where peeps are bailing from the state "REALLY" it is that bad.
SOOOOOOOO . at $ 20.60 an hour i really think is ok but should be just like are brothers from the north and the west. then again we all are one now YES!!!!! :1036316054:

Trust me houses out here on the left coast arent any cheaper. 200,000 that's cheap for a house.
I agree my cardboard box was cheap to buy, but my taxes are $5200 go figure. i think my point was missed by my south and west brothers. Do you guys think you should get the same wage ( or less) than the union carriers when they do not work the dock???? and like I said 50 cents is 20 bucks. gas went up 1.25 a gallon here since feb. so I sure hope guys do`nt use more than 15 gallons a week or your raise is going in the tank!!!

I agree my cardboard box was cheap to buy, but my taxes are $5200 go figure. i think my point was missed by my south and west brothers. Do you guys think you should get the same wage ( or less) than the union carriers when they do not work the dock???? and like I said 50 cents is 20 bucks. gas went up 1.25 a gallon here since feb. so I sure hope guys do`nt use more than 15 gallons a week or your raise is going in the tank!!!

I think we should be getting more, where's the money that Conway saves by not having the cost of docworkers? Linedrivers at FDX dont touch freight yet they get a higehr pay than we do? According to the propaganda that we get from the muckyity mucks in managment we are the best, so shouldn't our pay reflect that ? We are not the highest paid carrier out there and our benefit package is not much better than others. And one more thing, now that we are one big happy family. Why aren't we all getting the same rate. Why such a pay difference between central,western and southern?

I think we should be getting more, where's the money that Conway saves by not having the cost of docworkers? Linedrivers at FDX dont touch freight yet they get a higehr pay than we do? According to the propaganda that we get from the muckyity mucks in managment we are the best, so shouldn't our pay reflect that ? We are not the highest paid carrier out there and our benefit package is not much better than others. And one more thing, now that we are one big happy family. Why aren't we all getting the same rate. Why such a pay difference between central,western and southern?

We are still seperate companies.They just changed the names for brand recognition. Just going along with all the other carriers. Con-way Freight, FDX Freight, UPS freight, etc., etc........ And me personaly, I like the extra money for working the dock.

We are still seperate companies.They just changed the names for brand recognition. Just going along with all the other carriers. Con-way Freight, FDX Freight, UPS freight, etc., etc........ And me personaly, I like the extra money for working the dock.
We are just one big happy family.I don't mind the dock work,as long they don't get too carried away with it.Oh wait they always take it too the extreme.

that 5 year to full rate is done to save the company big bucks. within 50 miles of the tip of the lake we have 9 terminals, maybe 750 drivers and we probably move 10 million pounds of frt. a night. I guy says he asked a driver from a union co. how much they paid. $ 23.05 per/ hr. Yes Im gonna get beat up for this by someone, but if we blow away our competition hands down should`nt we get paid more???? I`m sure if I am off on my guesses management will let me know. I am sure I will be hearing from drivers from other companies because of what I said. But the truth hurts! Dude 50 cents an hour is 20 bucks for forty hrs. I think it was a slap in the face.
In my area we are paid more perhour then the big 3 LTL Companies.

$.50 was a slap in face. The propaganda they posted about paying taxes and benefits was ridiculous because that is paid out of our checks. They are making money off of what they collect from our 1% of the benefits. The do not pay out nearly that much per year. But ask them what they do with the excess and there is no explanation for that. Anywho, it was a slap in the face to get a $.50 raise from them and to then see what the other LTL's are giving. But hey chalk it up to that 5% rate hike the company needed to give us a raise....lmao

$.50 was a slap in face. The propaganda they posted about paying taxes and benefits was ridiculous because that is paid out of our checks. They are making money off of what they collect from our 1% of the benefits. The do not pay out nearly that much per year. But ask them what they do with the excess and there is no explanation for that. Anywho, it was a slap in the face to get a $.50 raise from them and to then see what the other LTL's are giving. But hey chalk it up to that 5% rate hike the company needed to give us a raise....lmao
When it was asked about the 1% they said it went to the bottom line. Can't find it in a 10-k report.

I can`t believe people are not fuming over this. It must take some time for the stink to sink in. A raise worse than 54 cents but the company is acting like they gave us 73 cents actually! More like 50 cents you want 2 days off you get 32 cents. Now lets see 32x40= $ 12.80 x 52 = 665.60 Now theres something to brag about. Shame on you guys for starting rumors. ARE WE TIRED OF THIS YET????

Ummm.....have you even bothered to see what other companies pay their drivers? We are FAR from the worst or lowest paid, trust me! :)

Ummm.....have you even bothered to see what other companies pay their drivers? We are FAR from the worst or lowest paid, trust me! :)
I only know about the major LTL company's around the chicagoland area and we our on the lower side. Also if you look at what we do here compared to drivers from other company's we do a lot more.

I only know about the major LTL company's around the chicagoland area and we our on the lower side. Also if you look at what we do here compared to drivers from other company's we do a lot more.

Amen, we fuel our own trucks, hook our own sets and break them plus we work the dock. At some other companies thats handled by three different emploees.

Amen, we fuel our own trucks, hook our own sets and break them plus we work the dock. At some other companies thats handled by three different employees.
Don't forget in many case's we fix our trucks and sometimes do maintenance on our centers. Wait a minute, you are right we do all those jobs and at other company's it would take one person for each task. Those cheap S.O.B's. It's time for revolt, You guy's out West Strom the gate at Portland and San Mateo and we will storm Ann arbor. Grab the pitch forks and torch's. Give me a 3.9% or give me death. Ok lets go!!:USA: :Duel: :horse:

Don't forget in many case's we fix our trucks and sometimes do maintenance on our centers. Wait a minute, you are right we do all those jobs and at other company's it would take one person for each task. Those cheap S.O.B's. It's time for revolt, You guy's out West Strom the gate at Portland and San Mateo and we will storm Ann arbor. Grab the pitch forks and torch's. Give me a 3.9% or give me death. Ok lets go!!:USA: :Duel: :horse:

right behind you:hysterical:

Thats right. Try living in Portland, Me. Its third highest cost of living per capita in the USA. I think Boston is #1 and I forget #2.

Even though we make more at Central, the difference in what $200k can buy you is HUGE....In Portland, you are LUCKY to find a DECENT 2 bedroom condo/house for $200k. In Boston its even worse...that will but you a 1 bedroom.

So yes, we make more......but we also pay more. Taxes are rediculous here as well....