Yellow | 705 Shuttle Drivers

The practices described in this thread are also going on at 326/KCM. Road drivers from several domiciles are being dispatched directly to BNSF, dropping and rehooking to 326 rail inbound loads and returning to 326. So far, this hasn't resulted in any cut shuttle bids, however we have had two Mon-Fri bids replaced with two Fri-Tues bids. The notice posted in break room signed by both the BA and the President of Local 41 states that the local is aware of the practice and to follow instructions of dispatch while grivences are filed. i also spoke to our BA who said this is suppose to be heard ASAP. It will be interesting to see how this is resolved.
Past practice at Roadway 342 provided for road drivers dropping and hooking at the rail for at least the last 12 years. Springfield, Mo used to turn the BNSF in Kansas City, Ks, and never hit the yard at 342. We are now over in KCMO at 326 working on Yelow's work rules, which prohibited this.

Limited scope must mean letting one local steal work from another, because thats what happend to 705. if the IBT had any integreaty left this would not be an issue. The locals of 673 and 179 should have stood up and said this was not right. When the locals do not stand up to the co they are just as guilty as the co of trying to destroy a local. The members of 179 , 673 and 710 should now stand together and vote the bums out that our letting this happen to OUR UNION ! Yea that means pat f also. With the reprensation he has allowed us to not have, he needs to go also,nothing like a B A that is so cosy with management that your normal answer for a problem is "don't make waves".

My remark regarding "limited scope" had nothing to do with one local "stealing work form another local" as you incorrectly state. I would point out to you that no one is "stealing" work...... The Company assigns work orders and the Drivers are bound to following such assignments under threat of job loss (I.E Voluntary Quit)

You mention Integrity.... If the IBT had any Integrity they would have not condoned the abuses of the Shuttle drivers over these past how many years now??? What about questioning the integrity of the Shuttle Drivers who went out of their way to "screw over" the Company? And then Brag about it! This has more to do with the current situation than any revenge related motive for voting "no" or "being" tough" It is sad to say, a case could be made that they (shuttle drivers) gave away their own work through past abuses of the Company's time.
If you have been around any length of time, I'm sure you would know of what I write......Let me clarify...NOT ALL shuttle drivers fall into this category. Many are honest hard working drivers and I recognize that...

I do not know about the issues with the other locals that you speak of in your post, so I must reserve comment on that.

I think we can find agreement on the issue of corruption within certain locals and the apparent inappropriate relationship between the leadership and the Management on a local level.
Never having been a B.A myself (nor a steward either) I'm sure there is a fine line to walk in being able to effectively do their duties.... That being said....."don't make waves" would seem to be outside of the realm of "proper"representation. One thing is certain, These are not ordinary times for the Union or Labor in general.

Limited scope must mean letting one local steal work from another, because thats what happend to 705. if the IBT had any integreaty left this would not be an issue. The locals of 673 and 179 should have stood up and said this was not right. When the locals do not stand up to the co they are just as guilty as the co of trying to destroy a local. The members of 179 , 673 and 710 should now stand together and vote the bums out that our letting this happen to OUR UNION ! Yea that means pat f also. With the reprensation he has allowed us to not have, he needs to go also,nothing like a B A that is so cosy with management that your normal answer for a problem is "don't make waves".

Not trying to be personal on this, but 705 is just getting what it has dished out to other locals.
705 had to have a special contract just for them, while the suburban locals stood together. Now, that the work is moving away(sort of), 705 guys are complaining about that is thier work and nobody can do it but them.
We all have seen what the shuttle drivers do while on the clock, and in the burbs that would get you fired the same day. The mentality that all work belongs to 705, and when work dries up in one area, 705 should be allowed to displace someonelse, because 705 guys have the birth right to all work.
I have been laid off almost 2 years, and you think 705 should have the right to come to our terminal and keep me from working for YRC again ???? You've got big wavos !! But I guess that's what it takes to be a 705 guy!

Not trying to be personal on this, but 705 is just getting what it has dished out to other locals.
705 had to have a special contract just for them, while the suburban locals stood together. Now, that the work is moving away(sort of), 705 guys are complaining about that is thier work and nobody can do it but them.
We all have seen what the shuttle drivers do while on the clock, and in the burbs that would get you fired the same day. The mentality that all work belongs to 705, and when work dries up in one area, 705 should be allowed to displace someonelse, because 705 guys have the birth right to all work.
I have been laid off almost 2 years, and you think 705 should have the right to come to our terminal and keep me from working for YRC again ???? You've got big wavos !! But I guess that's what it takes to be a 705 guy!

I think the word your looking for is "huevos" not "wavos"

YRC wants to get rid of everybody yeah their starting with 705 but they want everyone gone road included then they will run everything with shinny wheels . You just watch . :stirthepot:

YRC wants to get rid of everybody yeah their starting with 705 but they want everyone gone road included then they will run everything with shinny wheels . You just watch . :stirthepot:
th_images-3-1.jpg
this could very well go down in history as one of the most irrational, illogical theories of all time

Thank you for letting me know that I had incorrectly spelled HUEVOS, but I think some of us (me) UNEDUCATED TRUCK DRIVERS sort of got the idea. Next time I will just refer to them as eggs, or do you think everyone else will need a translation on that?

Urban Dictionary: HUEVOS

Your welcome....I got the idea as did most, I'm sure....I most surely did not mean to offend....I apologize if I did...I do not think of you as an "uneducated truck driver"... I found agreement with some points of your post.....

one of the few guys here that gets it shuttle was always the big waste of money and there 45 mph and work ethic finally got them and they wonder why lol ifthey did there jobs they wouldnt have the problem lol allbag you say it great amen brother this isnt 60-70s bussiness model

I would have to comment on your comment on what shuttle drivers do on the clock . I don't know where your from but I know for a fact that at the Santa Fe Willow the Big R had a security detain riding around in pick up trucks watching every move those guys did and of course they would report on our Yellow drivers as well . I would go there and drop a set and build a set and half the time ya would be looken for a set to bring back and instead of them being on the ground they would still be on the train same thing with the long box's . Many a time you would be looken 45 mins.just to find the dam thing all legit but then we still have those on T/B saying how our guys are screwing the company . I guess we had some drivers that took advantage but not at all like the union haters portray the shuttle drivers . I think Spaghetti can vouch for that .:ranting2:

I would have to comment on your comment on what shuttle drivers do on the clock . I don't know where your from but I know for a fact that at the Santa Fe Willow the Big R had a security detain riding around in pick up trucks watching every move those guys did and of course they would report on our Yellow drivers as well . I would go there and drop a set and build a set and half the time ya would be looken for a set to bring back and instead of them being on the ground they would still be on the train same thing with the long box's . Many a time you would be looken 45 mins.just to find the dam thing all legit but then we still have those on T/B saying how our guys are screwing the company . I guess we had some drivers that took advantage but not at all like the union haters portray the shuttle drivers . I think Spaghetti can vouch for that .:ranting2:
I sure can vouge for that. I received some letters in the past with the beloved camera crew. Sometimes the camera crew would pull up along side of the truck to take pictures of me sleeping. I got out of every accusation against me, with the help of a grievance, and those nice breakdown, p.o. numbers. I guess taking a nap, waiting for the vendor to arrive, is against the rules. I know some shuttle drivers would apply duct-tape over the numbers of the tractor, front and back, when going into the rail yards. :biglaugh:

i have been hrer fore 12 years and have personaly witneses shuttle guys sleeping at the gax /the raials and all along i-294 cant mis you twin screws fifth wheel all the way back going 45 mph in traffic .did you really think this would last /come give all of us a mbreak////please

The speed at which some 705 shuttle drivers perform their work assignments is sometimes VERY painful to observe. However the practice of PAYING 2 employees to perform 1 job is the reason that there are now road drivers moving loads to and from the railheads in Chicago. The situation is NOT unique to 309. Road drivers are being used ALL over the system to move freight that was previously performed by local P&D drivers. This is NOT new but it is much more wide spread than it used to be. I just cannot understand why, if a road driver is going to deadhead or bobtail, would ANYONE think it is wrong for that driver to be moving freight if that were possible.

The sad fact is that 70 hours is 70 hours. When you are out of hours your out but now the most of the roaddrivers will now log that off duty because todays teamster is nothing more than a card carrying ****!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

The sad fact is that 70 hours is 70 hours. When you are out of hours your out but now the most of the roaddrivers will now log that off duty because todays teamster is nothing more than a card carrying ****!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
I cannot AND will not speak for others. I have been at YRC (Roadway) for nearly 23 years. The bid I have is 405 mile laydown (309-M04-R07 & return), on average I log 9 to 9.5 hours. PLEASE explain to me HOW I would run out of hours. Driving a 62 MPH tractor over interstate highways with 65 MPH speed limits the ACTUAL driving hours is 7.25. I log everything on duty or driving from the time I start my tour of duty until I end my tour of duty.