Yellow | Amended tax return on 15% wage reduction

People file for money not earned every year EIC and child tax credit
difference is those have official forms that IRS recognizes as official money handled. Yours doesn't show anywhere on an officially recognized IRS wage form, Like a W2 Only YRCs pay stub. We have a 100% voluntary tax code. Anyone can write off anything they want for years, even decades, and all is fine. Then one day, you're audited.....

Let's say your pay stub shows 100 and your W2 shows 85. Taxes were withheld/ figured on the 85. Just like if you had a 401k reducing it to 75- the taxes are on the 75. If you want to go count the 15 as wages you will OWE taxes on the 15
Be careful what you ask for....

The only legal way ( I believe) would be if you filled in the gross income line as 100, not as 85. Then took off the 15. Which is easier to do by simply using the officially already figured 85 on the W2. Avoids red flags

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's say your pay stub shows 100 and your W2 shows 85. Taxes were withheld/ figured on the 85. Just like if you had a 401k reducing it to 75- the taxes are on the 75. If you want to go count the 15 as wages you will OWE taxes on the 15
Be careful what you ask for....

It truly boggles my mind that there are some who still don't get it. And these people vote?? No wonder our country is in the condition it's in.

I got mine back for 3 yrs to. Told my tax man I did not want to if its not right and he said he talk to IRS 3 times and had names of the people he talk to.That said it was ok

And the phone # is........

I know about this the hard way. Sold a Kenworth on a contract. Guy stiffed me for 7500 of it. Got the truck back, bad engine. Couldn't write off promises- only reality. IRS frowns on fraud...

It truly boggles my mind that there are some who still don't get it. And these people vote?? No wonder our country is in the condition it's in.

The ludicrous nature of this thread really disappoints me. I really hope that not all believe this fantasy.

The ludicrous nature of this thread really disappoints me. I really hope that not all believe this fantasy.

You are all wrong!!!! I checked with Big Buck Tax Consultating Service in Orland Park,il., and was told to enter the full amount of your "equity" on the misc. line your itemized expenses and explain it as a bad investment$$$$$$

You are all wrong!!!! I checked with Big Buck Tax Consultating Service in Orland Park,il., and was told to enter the full amount of your "equity" on the misc. line your itemized expenses and explain it as a bad investment$$$$$$

Hell, then anyone driving for an LTL company could take that deduction every year.. I think Obama owes me some big bucks for over 27 years of holding that steering wheel...LOL.. I'll settle outta court for a cool million...

Hell, then anyone driving for an LTL company could take that deduction every year.. I think Obama owes me some big bucks for over 27 years of holding that steering wheel...LOL.. I'll settle outta court for a cool million...

I also read that you will be able to claim a medical deduction after retirement for "loss of dexterity " of your wrists and hands from holding the wheel !!!! I get $2800.00 a year now because I have over 35 years driving but still work$$$$

I also read that you will be able to claim a medical deduction after retirement for "loss of dexterity " of your wrists and hands from holding the wheel !!!! I get $2800.00 a year now because I have over 35 years driving but still work$$$$

Loss of dexterity? I know you can claim for loss of masculinity but I didn't know you can claim for loss of dexterity. Besides doesn't being bi-dextrous disqualify you from holding a CDL? :LMAO:

on line 3 of form 2106 represent a net loss in union contractual wages that were forfeited by union employees to save yrc from going bankrupt.. I guess the key part is that it is a temporary give back. I have the form but I am still too chicken $h!$ to do it ...

on line 3 of form 2106 represent a net loss in union contractual wages that were forfeited by union employees to save yrc from going bankrupt.. I guess the key part is that it is a temporary give back. I have the form but I am still too chicken $h!$ to do it ...

You'd better put down that stuff you're smoking - unless you live in Colorado that is. In that case have at it and tell us how it all turns out for you. :LMAO:

United States Penitentiary, Leavenworth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IRS form 2106 line#
3 Travel expense while away from home overnight, including lodging, airplane, car rental, etc. Do not include meals and entertainment

You won't have to worry about deducting meals it's all inclusive:LMAO:

And one guy said article 48, which googles to a green energy write-off.....

Why are you still here? You said you left.... :LMAO: But then, you said it was all about stock losses too.... :LMAO: I do this to keep from being bored on the road. :bouncy: About as good as this thread gets! :duh:

If one was to actually TAKE that deduction of a Net Loss..... wouldn't it stand to reason that in order to have a loss (and this have the deduction) that one actually RECEIVED the gross amount in the first place? IF one had actually Received that gross amount- wouldn't then have taxes been taken out on the gross amount when it was paid? Look at your pay stubs and W2s. Where was the tax taken out on the 15%? If it wasn't- then how can you 'get it back', since it wasn't given or taxed first??????? If it were real- the IBT would be bragging to take it. And the W2 would reflect it on the final earnings statement...

To each his own. My own view would be- if one is relatively satisfied with the taxes they are paying now- is it really worth it to challenge the IRS for a few bucks on a highly questionable (at best) deduction that no one seems to be able to explain or defend?????

And one guy said article 48, which googles to a green energy write-off.....

Why are you still here? You said you left.... :LMAO: But then, you said it was all about stock losses too.... :LMAO: I do this to keep from being bored on the road. :bouncy: About as good as this thread gets! :duh:

Honestly thought the stock options were connected to the pay cuts but hey we were led to believe here the lotto money went to the schools. Hard to stay away from this it's to entertaining. Hope your not typing while driving :hysterical:

Here's how I see this situation:

1) One or more drivers filed tax returns stating (incorrectly) that they earned a gross wage not accounting for the 15% wage reduction. (Why they did that is beyond me).

2) They therefore paid tax on income they never received. (Duh!)

3) Now, someone decided to file an amended return correcting their gross pay to the proper amount (the amount shown on their W-2).

4) Consequently these folks are getting back their own money, money they should have never paid in the first place.

5) Now these folks think they got back some kind of "negative loss wages" or some other ludicrous nonsense when actually all they got back is their own money which was paid in error in the first place.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.