Yellow | Amended tax return on 15% wage reduction

Here's how I see this situation:

1) One or more drivers filed tax returns stating (incorrectly) that they earned a gross wage not accounting for the 15% wage reduction. (Why they did that is beyond me).

2) They therefore paid tax on income they never received. (Duh!)

3) Now, someone decided to file an amended return correcting their gross pay to the proper amount (the amount shown on their W-2).

4) Consequently these folks are getting back their own money, money they should have never paid in the first place.

5) Now these folks think they got back some kind of "negative loss wages" or some other ludicrous nonsense when actually all they got back is their own money which was paid in error in the first place.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.
Sounds like something from a a Cheech and Chong movie ???

3ZVzkh9.jpg

Does anyone have more information on this? Some Holland drivers are telling me they've done this and it's legal.
:emoticon digging: :duh: :duh: :duh:
Have you carefully read through this thread? The answers are there.
The IRS is supposedly investigsting 37 YRC guys on the KC dock for doing it....
Guys it's hopeless. Pogo said it best "We have met the enemy and he is us".:hilarious:

You are all wrong!!!! I checked with Big Buck Tax Consultating Service in Orland Park,il., and was told to enter the full amount of your "equity" on the misc. line your itemized expenses and explain it as a bad investment$$$$$$
Better hurry. Only 2 days left on Big Buck's special price for YRC employees only!!!!!!

several people I know have filed an amendment as a loss. you need year-end last paystub that shows the total negative figure.
I have learned.That if you don't have your year end check summary.Going back three years.The company will not give you a copy.I didn't do the amendments on that 15%.It's a pay cut.

Here we go again!!!:hilarious:
Turbo Tax announces special tax deadline price for YRC employees wishing to file amended returns!!!! You get up to 3 years back for $199.99 !!! Plus 2000 air miles added to your Visa card from Barklay's Cayman Island branch!!! And if you call in the next hour you will also receive an autographed picture of Jamie Pierson!!! Call 1-800-244-9664. That's 1-800-big- Wong !!!!