Estes | Any Yellow guys get hired at Estes ?

Thank you to all who replied gives me some hope in 3 months only 3 interviews out over 30 applications. No 1 wants a 56 yr old dock worker - forklift operator. Best offer I got so far was $17 an hour loading windows by hand for 12 hours. Been turned down at all the LTls on my 4th try at Saia in 3 months seems they can't keep the guys they hire. Ad came up on their website hiring part time dock workers they start at $24.25 I can do that then just prove myself all over again if only I could get in the door of some freight company. Average pay in Houston for warehouse and fork operators is 17 sucks.

Thank you to all who replied gives me some hope in 3 months only 3 interviews out over 30 applications. No 1 wants a 56 yr old dock worker - forklift operator. Best offer I got so far was $17 an hour loading windows by hand for 12 hours. Been turned down at all the LTls on my 4th try at Saia in 3 months seems they can't keep the guys they hire. Ad came up on their website hiring part time dock workers they start at $24.25 I can do that then just prove myself all over again if only I could get in the door of some freight company. Average pay in Houston for warehouse and fork operators is 17 sucks.
Any time you start at a different company you have to prove your self pretty much. The yellow drivers that came over to Estes are having to go out with trainers and then start at bottom of seniority. I believe you even though nobody would admit it there is age discrimination at certain jobs. U.P.S hires part time this time of the year for helpers.

Any time you start at a different company you have to prove your self pretty much. The yellow drivers that came over to Estes are having to go out with trainers and then start at bottom of seniority. I believe you even though nobody would admit it there is age discrimination at certain jobs. U.P.S hires part time this time of the year for helpers.
Thanks..... Captain obvious.....
Season 1 Nbc GIF by Perfect Harmony

Some things youd think are obvious are over some peoples head. Had 2 yellow drivers go into training had been with yellow many years and could not do keep their mouths shut about what they didnt have to do as a union member and couldnt believe we didnt pay to fuel or this or that and how good the union was and needless to say after their 2 weeks the trainer wouldnt sign off on them and they didnt get hired. Did not meet what being a member of a family and team is. Id personally just keep quiet about anything union and be humble just a bit.

Other than trucking companies most forklift drivers dont get paid a lot.

Some things youd think are obvious are over some peoples head. Had 2 yellow drivers go into training had been with yellow many years and could not do keep their mouths shut about what they didnt have to do as a union member and couldnt believe we didnt pay to fuel or this or that and how good the union was and needless to say after their 2 weeks the trainer wouldnt sign off on them and they didnt get hired. Did not meet what being a member of a family and team is. Id personally just keep quiet about anything union and be humble just a bit.
A trainer shouldn't be signing off on someone's personal opinions, just their ability to do the job. Some people at this company act like they sign the paychecks every week. Those trainers are dummies and not be allowed to train anyone. The mindset that some of the managers, clerks and drivers have at this company is absolutely disgusting.

A trainer shouldn't be signing off on someone's personal opinions, just their ability to do the job. Some people at this company act like they sign the paychecks every week. Those trainers are dummies and not be allowed to train anyone. The mindset that some of the managers, clerks and drivers have at this company is absolutely disgusting.
Like the mindset that every trailer has to touch the trailer next to it , makes me sick

They are also seeing if you are a good fit. Just because you might be able to drive doesnt mean you are a good fit. Just about every company vets people to get a better feel of who they are. The trainer is just an extension of that. Well go in and tell the terminal manager what you feel about these trainers and clerks and managers and see how far that gets you.

I was once at a job that had 4 interviews by individuals and a group to see if i was a good fit. Was asked some of the same questions over and over and was told they were trying to get a feel to see if i was a good fit. Even after that i went out with their trainer for a few weeks and he had to sign off on me to whether or not he thought i would make it and if i had the right attitude because we dealt with customers on a daily basis.

They are also seeing if you are a good fit. Just because you might be able to drive doesnt mean you are a good fit. Just about every company vets people to get a better feel of who they are. The trainer is just an extension of that. Well go in and tell the terminal manager what you feel about these trainers and clerks and managers and see how far that gets you.
Out of the 25-30 people I've trained in my 8 years here I've never once been asked if the driver would be a good fit based on their views about the union or anything else. It's above my pay grade and not for me to decide. Those drivers could have helped get that weekend work list taken down.

The managers know that I see through their BS and lies. They're your best friends until you say no to doing everything that they want you to do. The empty threats Don't scare me