Estes | Any Yellow guys get hired at Estes ?

What else should a carrier pay for? I’m asking because for some guys it’s never enough. I’ve watched company after company close because the workers couldn’t compete. Estes has its own culture, fed ex has its own and so on. I look at the over all package at Estes and I think it’s solid. I’ve worked where everything is paid. I hated it. Micro managed to death. Us against them . The worst attitudes I’ve ever seen. Just sayin
I do like the culture at Estes. Are they perfect well no, but they are a good company and as long as you do your job there is no problems. One of the most laid back places there is. The pay is real good as is the work life balance. I have small complaints , but over all at my age i can see myself being here for the remainder of my work life.

I do like the culture at Estes. Are they perfect well no, but they are a good company and as long as you do your job there is no problems. One of the most laid back places there is. The pay is real good as is the work life balance. I have small complaints , but over all at my age i can see myself being here for the remainder of my work life.
Overall I’d agree. Personally I do believe we should be paid for fueling and for waiting. I’d say give them 30 minutes but after that then we go on the clock. But I hope that eventually they will wise up to this and do something about it. With that being said, I certainly don’t see myself going anywhere else. I’ve probably got another 25 years or so left to work and unless something drastic happens I’ll retire here.

A trainer shouldn't be signing off on someone's personal opinions, just their ability to do the job. Some people at this company act like they sign the paychecks every week. Those trainers are dummies and not be allowed to train anyone. The mindset that some of the managers, clerks and drivers have at this company is absolutely disgusting.
It's not a secret to anyone that Estes is not a union friendly company. Are we really surprised at two union guys spouting off about the union didn't get hired?

Assuming this story is even true. With all the tall tales truckers tell each other, as well as the telegram, telephone, tell a trucker game, pieces of the story always get changed or left out completely.

Overall I’d agree. Personally I do believe we should be paid for fueling and for waiting. I’d say give them 30 minutes but after that then we go on the clock. But I hope that eventually they will wise up to this and do something about it. With that being said, I certainly don’t see myself going anywhere else. I’ve probably got another 25 years or so left to work and unless something drastic happens I’ll retire here.
The waiting at times is terrible especially now going into the slow time.

I should be finished with my recliner about that time, save your money and maybe we can make a deal. :6799:

While waiting, why don't you go out and check some tractors for proper mirror securement, so drivers will not have enroute issues? YRC paid me to do it.

No one on here said we are family. Why do you have to lie to prove a point? Because the truth isn’t good enough. I don’t know anyone at Estes who looks at each other like we are family. Most drivers keep to themselves and do the job and split. If things were so bad Teamsters would already be in Estes. For your sake I hope ABF got all the good teamsters cause they are gonna need them.
Employees at Estes don't consider themselves family?

Exactly why drivers at Estes will bring back a flat tire on a trailer, missing mudflap, light out...for the next driver to take to the shop to fix.

Your constant defending of Estes who is nothing more than a tier 2 hillbilly operation gets so exhausting to read. Yawn.

Employees at Estes don't consider themselves family?

Exactly why drivers at Estes will bring back a flat tire on a trailer, missing mudflap, light out...for the next driver to take to the shop to fix.

Your constant defending of Estes who is nothing more than a tier 2 hillbilly operation gets so exhausting to read. Yawn.
Then why do you keep posting? Let’s face it , you love me because you love truth. Truth will set you free, even from a hillbilly. I’m glad I keep you retired teamsters entertained as your ship sinks into the sea.

Also, never said how great this place is. Just said I'm content and I've always been able to make money here. I guess if I don't come in here and cry like baby, I'm a company man.so be it.

It blows my mind that teamsters can't admit they have lost almost the entire industry and won't change. Yet here they are trying convince me I should be sad and ashamed that they couldn't adapt.
They come in Estes board and say "do it our way, it's better". No thank you I like my 115000 yr job and want to keep it.
Spend your energy correcting your now worthless union.

It blows my mind that teamsters can't admit they have lost almost the entire industry and won't change. Yet here they are trying convince me I should be sad and ashamed that they couldn't adapt.
They come in Estes board and say "do it our way, it's better". No thank you I like my 115000 yr job and want to keep it.
Spend your energy correcting your now worthless union.
Buddy relax, everything is going to be ok I promise.