Estes | Any Yellow guys get hired at Estes ?

What else should a carrier pay for? I’m asking because for some guys it’s never enough. I’ve watched company after company close because the workers couldn’t compete. Estes has its own culture, fed ex has its own and so on. I look at the over all package at Estes and I think it’s solid. I’ve worked where everything is paid. I hated it. Micro managed to death. Us against them . The worst attitudes I’ve ever seen. Just sayin
If read the original post driver had said the Yrc driver was spouting off about what Estes was and was not paying for, I agree that he wouldn’t make a good fit for Estes. I pointed out in my opinion as far as fueling a truck your performing work for the company. If your ok with that and like your job and Estes work environment then more power to you no harm no foul, you make it sound like wanting compensation for work performed is some far out stretch. It’s Estes, and any other ltl’s job and service to deliver freight, if a customer wants another service included say lift gate, expedite etc.. are they not going to charge that customer for each and every additional service performed. I think they will! Compensation for work performed. Not welfare, or freebies or handouts, or something for nothing..

If read the original post driver had said the Yrc driver was spouting off about what Estes was and was not paying for, I agree that he wouldn’t make a good fit for Estes. I pointed out in my opinion as far as fueling a truck your performing work for the company. If your ok with that and like your job and Estes work environment then more power to you no harm no foul, you make it sound like wanting compensation for work performed is some far out stretch. It’s Estes, and any other ltl’s job and service to deliver freight, if a customer wants another service included say lift gate, expedite etc.. are they not going to charge that customer for each and every additional service performed. I think they will! Compensation for work performed. Not welfare, or freebies or handouts, or something for nothing..
I see your point. I know that with everything comes a cost. The environment at Estes is good in the sense we are not being micro managed. So in my opinion the more we push on getting paid for everything the more they will push to get their moneys worth. I have been well compensated for my services at Estes and we have an atmosphere that breeds contentment, not animosity. But if you think you’re being ripped off, I understand.
Just remember , the more you charge the more is expected of you. I know you’re not gonna like it and say “I’m already doing the job” true, but what I’m saying still remains. I understand your position.

I don’t sweat not getting paid to fuel. I figure if they gave us $5 to fuel they’d pay us a cent less on the mile to make up for it.

Let's keep In mind they give more vacation time than most jobs