XPO | Anyone sign up for the TDC?

There was a time that all a driver really could hope for was time off to compete.

Conway feels differently and would love to dominate the TDC's.

I don't feel either way about it but I will say they do treat the participants very well.

Just don't expect them to remember your name after it's all over and done.

Could you imagine getting a loi for not locking the truck door during competition?

I could. If the TSA was part of the competition and you lost the gold trophy because of it, you would immediately turn in your blue flaming tie and hat and walk home with your blue flaming pants down to your knees tripping all over yourself.
oh yah... thumb has to be in mouth and you have to pay the company back for the food you ate.

I could. If the TSA was part of the competition and you lost the gold trophy because of it, you would immediately turn in your blue flaming tie and hat and walk home with your blue flaming pants down to your knees tripping all over yourself.
oh yah... thumb has to be in mouth and you have to pay the company back for the food you ate.

Had a guy blow everyone away on the course 4 yrs ago at the Ca. state finals, a 30 point spread, did well in his interview, did great on the written, aced the pre-trip, and lost the competition by 3 points...forgot to put his seat belt on before he left the starting line on the course... a 25 point deduction...and he was a first time rookie...in twins of all classes...

I don't choose to participate. I did so a few times, back a few years ago with another company. I found that I am not a very competitive person, nor do i care very much for being in the spotlight. I get my equipment and contents, where they are supposed to be, in exactly the same condition in which I departed, in the alloted time frame, every night, five nights a week, 51 weeks a year.....have done so for many, many years. That is my contribution to the success or lack thereof, of the company's mission.

I will attend the meeting, and laud along with the rest of the employees, your success when you return victorious from the games. But, I simply prefer to spend that time with my family, re-charging my batteries for the coming weeks tribulations, and the small part i play in the ongoing struggle for survivability in our industry. If they held my state's competition anywhere near where i live, perhaps I would take the fam to watch, they are fun to attend, but I don't do competition, and i can't imagine actually winning, and having to stand there whilst everyone else lauded me, i would be, to say the very least, mortified.

by all means, go, have "fun", but please give the rest of us the freedom, to not consider the activity "fun", I certainly do not. If the company mandates attendance, and pays me for the time, i would certainly do so, as a condition of continuing employment. But, I wouldn't enjoy the process, and certainly wouldn't call it "fun". We all don't have the same definition of that word.

tdc

That's completely outrageous...you guys have a limit on how many can participate..??? My god, if we gave them every single eligible driver in my 150 employee place, they would ask if I could eek out one or two more...
there are only so many slots to fill and when they are full no more people. i did it 4 times in a row and took 2nd place in state but i wont do anything for this company anymore due to a loss of ALOT of stuff the company has decided to do. i have no ambition to make this company or my t.m. look good to the outside world.ive been told though that if you join and you are on l\h and have to have friday night off you will get your l\h pay. thats a step in the right direction now how about aor vacation pay??? can they match that instead of a 40 hr work week pay ?? cmon c-way step up to the plate!!

been told though that if you join and you are on l\h and have to have friday night off you will get your l\h pay. thats a step in the right direction now how about aor vacation pay??? can they match that instead of a 40 hr work week pay ?? cmon c-way step up to the plate!!
Now that would be a great incentive to stay on line haul.
Line Haul drivers should have their vacation pay based on the average hours they have worked the year they accrued the vacation time. It just makes sense to me since they work longer hours.

Anyone know why it's not that way and just based on a standard 40 hour work week? Who knows the answer? What have you been told?
Same thing goes for anyone that goes on a work related LOA or Light Duty. (66 2/3 pay) They earned the time at last years wages.

I was told because you are using the time you earned at the current rate you are on. Vacation is earned time not earned time at the pay rate you were at when you earned it.

Okay...I just confused the hell out of myself. Now my whole reply makes no sense... oh well someone will get it.

Line Haul drivers should have their vacation pay based on the average hours they have worked the year they accrued the vacation time. It just makes sense to me since they work longer hours.

Anyone know why it's not that way and just based on a standard 40 hour work week? Who knows the answer? What have you been told?
Same thing goes for anyone that goes on a work related LOA or Light Duty. (66 2/3 pay) They earned the time at last years wages.

I was told because you are using the time you earned at the current rate you are on. Vacation is earned time not earned time at the pay rate you were at when you earned it.

Okay...I just confused the hell out of myself. Now my whole reply makes no sense... oh well someone will get it.

Because they really don't like us very much. I think that may be why they are trying their level best to rid the company of company linehaul operations as soon as they can.

Same reason why, when there is an event at the center, it is all gone but the left-overs, by the time linehaul gets to work.

Same reason why we have to drive junk equipment, and p&d is still driving the new stuff.

Same reason why meetings and social gatherings are held at times when most linehaul drivers either aren't back from the endless 2hr setback fridays, or at the least in a sleep deprived state so won't attend anyway.

I know, I know, "be glad you still have a job to go to"......."leave and give your spot to someone who was term'd"......."shut up, you get paid well for what you do"........I know, I can already see the posts to follow.

But you asked "why linehaul vacation pay isn't prorated"......they hate us. We all know it. Have known it for a long time.

O.K........go ahead now, start throwing the darts, I am already hated by the company I work for, it's all downhill from here.

thumbnail.aspx

Because they really don't like us very much. I think that may be why they are trying their level best to rid the company of company linehaul operations as soon as they can.

Same reason why, when there is an event at the center, it is all gone but the left-overs, by the time linehaul gets to work.

Same reason why we have to drive junk equipment, and p&d is still driving the new stuff.

Same reason why meetings and social gatherings are held at times when most linehaul drivers either aren't back from the endless 2hr setback fridays, or at the least in a sleep deprived state so won't attend anyway.

I know, I know, "be glad you still have a job to go to"......."leave and give your spot to someone who was term'd"......."shut up, you get paid well for what you do"........I know, I can already see the posts to follow.

But you asked "why linehaul vacation pay isn't prorated"......they hate us. We all know it. Have known it for a long time.

O.K........go ahead now, start throwing the darts, I am already hated by the company I work for, it's all downhill from here.

thumbnail.aspx

I see your points and you are entitled to your opinions, no darts from me.
I agree with most of what you said and I'm sure others will agree also.
At my old terminal we also catered to the Linehaul drivers.
You just needed a supervisor who was willing to come in or stay later to provide for the line haulers.
Our social gathering dates were decided on line haulers getting their proper rest first.

Not sure about the tractor assignment issue.
You guys are loved... your just over looked because of the times you work. All it takes is a local level change to address linehauls existence.

I still want to know about the vacation pay for linehaulers.

What about the city guy who averages 5 hours of OT a week..?? He has a gripe too, does he not..?? I will ask my HR guy and see what's up..I am sure there is some dumba** law in there somewhere..especially in California, which is an indian word meaning "Dumba$$ Laws"...

What about the city guy who averages 5 hours of OT a week..?? He has a gripe too, does he not..?? I will ask my HR guy and see what's up..I am sure there is some dumba** law in there somewhere..especially in California, which is an indian word meaning "Dumba$$ Laws"...

He definitely does have a gripe. It would be very interesting to hear what the HR guys says for both the City and Linehaul driver.
I'm sure there is some labor law on it. I'm too lazy to do deep research today.

Anybody remember when we were rewarded with $.25/hour for good (not great) attendance? I qualified every year but didn't worry to much about it when it disappeared.

I was told that was eliminated due to litigation.

Anybody remember when we were rewarded with $.25/hour for good (not great) attendance? I qualified every year but didn't worry to much about it when it disappeared.

I was told that was eliminated due to litigation.

"Merit Pay", I believe it was called in the day...

"Merit Pay", I believe it was called in the day...

I remember the little extra patches on the uniform sleeves....

Merit Achiever

Safety Representative

there might have been a couple of others, it has been a while.....
:rolleyes1:

Iv'e been in 4 rodeos in the past. This year I will not be in it due to the the direction that the company is heading. I used to be proud to represent Conway, can't say that anymore. The way they have treated us drivers lately shows that the corporate mantality rule the company and we are just numbers to them. We no longer are people or team members to the people that are running this co. They have turned this into just a job now and thats all they'll get from me. I'll come in do my job, get my check and go home. Anything else is out of the question. If I'm not getting paid for it i'm not doing it.

Iv'e been in 4 rodeos in the past. This year I will not be in it due to the the direction that the company is heading. I used to be proud to represent Conway, can't say that anymore. The way they have treated us drivers lately shows that the corporate mantality rule the company and we are just numbers to them. We no longer are people or team members to the people that are running this co. They have turned this into just a job now and thats all they'll get from me. I'll come in do my job, get my check and go home. Anything else is out of the question. If I'm not getting paid for it i'm not doing it.

You always compete for your self, just like Abel last year...What's up with your boy, Petie E...heard he got in a street fight and the street won...Heard he's gonna make it, which I already knew because you could run over him with a truck and he would just get up and dust himself off...How's his ride..??

You always compete for your self, just like Abel last year...What's up with your boy, Petie E...heard he got in a street fight and the street won...Heard he's gonna make it, which I already knew because you could run over him with a truck and he would just get up and dust himself off...How's his ride..??

He rides???

Me too!!!

He's gotta be one tough Mofo!

Rat :loser: