Yellow | Are We Merging With Holland???

Holland just moved into the YRC 371 terminal in Rock Island IL. Owatonna MN they share a terminal. Wheeling IL right next door to each other they can just tear down the fence to merge Terminal.

In case of a merger, which would probably mean the Holland name goes away, I think there are going to be a lot of happy yrc drivers and a lot of sad Holland drivers. I can't see the yrc name going away. In any event life in the regional world is going to change.

There are some YRCF and Reddaway operations sharing the same faculty in the west. Been that way for a while. Not to say they won’t merge, the timing seems odd for that to me though.

Yes it is, and should have been explored some time ago. They idea of trying to operate everything separate was an attempt to fool customers, and didn't fool anyone. It just cost a lot of money.
Not really, The regional's printed money due to the fact they handled 1-500 mile shipments. yrc was the coast to coast division. The regionals can compete with anyone in their arena, while yrc faces some really stiff competition in their area of expertise. It's apples and oranges. Name recognition means something. Merging is great for the high seniority driver which is what this is really about.

I've been thinking for quite some time that YRC freight would merge with New Penn and Reddaway .
Holland consistently makes 65 to 70 million annually .Don't mess with that .
You couldn't run 1 and 2 day lanes with a hub and spoke system.
Unless they divide the companies into 4 or 5 regional territories and change their whole business model I don't see YRC merging with Holland.

Not really, The regional's printed money due to the fact they handled 1-500 mile shipments. yrc was the coast to coast division. The regionals can compete with anyone in their arena, while yrc faces some really stiff competition in their area of expertise. It's apples and oranges. Name recognition means something. Merging is great for the high seniority driver which is what this is really about.
I disagree. There are several LTL companies, including the largest in the county, that can and do both every day successfully.

In case of a merger, which would probably mean the Holland name goes away, I think there are going to be a lot of happy yrc drivers and a lot of sad Holland drivers. I can't see the yrc name going away. In any event life in the regional world is going to change.
When them YRC guys are breaking trailers in January when it's way below zero on the dock at the velocity center in Tomah Wisconsin and the Holland driver is pulling a set in Florida or Texas I am not sure who will be happy and who will not be?

I disagree. There are several LTL companies, including the largest in the county, that can and do both every day successfully.
I live in the Carolinas and no freight company moves freight between the Carolinas and the Midwest as fast and efficiently as Holland, that is a known fact. I can’t speak for other areas of the country but I’m sure there are other areas that really benefit from the quickness of regional lanes.