Yellow | Are We Merging With Holland???

Very good chance of changes happening with new passed contract , old yellow needs to changes with the times and go with the companies that know how to make money and move freight , 10-4 , East bound & down ..............

Yrc, with their ancient hub and spoke terminal set up, and the relay and shuttle operations, are not even close to how XPO, FedEx, and OD move their freight. FedEx alone moves over 100,000 LTL shipments a day, and you hardly see any of their line haul drivers on the road on Sunday’s, or holidays. Neither Yellow or Roadway’s terminal networks were ever designed to move
1-2 day freight efficiently.
I’ve asked upper management why fedex and others don’t work weekends and they can’t figure it out lol

a merger with Holland??? that would take a change of operations......ARE WE HAVING A CHANGE OF OPERATIONS SOON??? I have heard rumors of a COO coming from those at the 402 barn!!!
Hearing rumors about BIG changes to be able to more efficiently fund operations after the contract
In Dallas they ship EVERYTHING around us and that has to be extra costly
Gotta stop all that to pay for the new contract

Hearing rumors about BIG changes to be able to more efficiently fund operations after the contract
In Dallas they ship EVERYTHING around us and that has to be extra costly
Gotta stop all that to pay for the new contract
The management in Dallas don’t have a clue! They put all the bids on 1600 & 1201 more people than equipment!! I could go on about what’s going on there but I’ll let the people who never worked at 511 tell everyone :hide:

The management in Dallas don’t have a clue! They put all the bids on 1600 & 1201 more people than equipment!! I could go on about what’s going on there but I’ll let the people who never worked at 511 tell everyone :hide:
How bout people who still know people that work there? Lol. Don't take that the wrong way. Just sarcasm. Which I would only expect you get enough of.
Even then. I would never assume whas going on there.
The one person who I still talk to on a regular basis says it's just stupid.
I know others but only speak to one.
Things change on paper but not in the real world.
But I did know (I am no longer there) Fort Worth went out of their way to go around 511. They would load San Antonio to New York before sending it to Dallas.
Now I did know that much. Don't want to know anymore.
:hide:

So, you're talking MERGER!!!! Back to the topic....
We just had a bunch of engineers in town for five weeks. They didn’t talk to anybody doing the work. The end result was a little more shrink to prosperity! Now we have less routes less drivers on the street! If these people don’t learn freight real quick it’s not going to matter!

We just had a bunch of engineers in town for five weeks. They didn’t talk to anybody doing the work. The end result was a little more shrink to prosperity! Now we have less routes less drivers on the street! If these people don’t learn freight real quick it’s not going to matter!
It really is a shame they are trying to appear as though they have a UPS infrastructure with a duct tape and bailing wire set of skills.

That's just a sad fact.