FedEx Freight | Bluetooth Now Legal In Our Tractors

QgGTdLh.jpg

U6xPfUr.jpg

The new cell phone policy now makes it ok to talk on the phone, hands free...so if you trigger an event while on the phone hands free and the reflection in the windshield shows you’re talking to John Doe, there’s no need for either of you to worry anymore about being stood down...simple.

For those of you who are worried about the company calling your cell phone, how’d they get your damn number?? Duh!! If you don’t want them to call your cell, ask them to remove it from the directory...but keep in mind, you signed a call block waiver so ALL road drivers are required to be available during call block (even bid drivers). If you’re overlooked for a longer run because you were away from home and didn’t want to be bothered on your cell, well then that’s on you!!

you guys are taking this cell phone thing way too far, IMO. Why bite the hand that feeds you?

I’ve dispatched before and if a driver wanted to get tough, it’s very easy to get tough back.

I would pick my battles more wisely.

So tell us oh wise one how would you get tough with a driver who didn't want to use their cell phone for company business? You were probably one of those lazy dispatchers who wanted to play on Facebook and internet, rather than do your job and answer messages on hand held to call customers for drivers.

So tell us oh wise one how would you get tough with a driver who didn't want to use their cell phone for company business? You were probably one of those lazy dispatchers who wanted to play on Facebook and internet, rather than do your job and answer messages on hand held to call customers for drivers.
I won’t give away any secrets. :-)

Well Bluetooth hands free was always “legal”. It was against company policy, not against the law. And u guys know as well as I do, most drivers already use headsets to talk to each other while driving, sometimes it the only way to stay awake. My SCM rode with me one night and my phone rang about 10 times. He said “ you get a lot of calls in the middle of the night.” I said” yeah telemarketers know I work nights.” The next day the handsfree policy was posted on the road board.

Last edited:
I hear the fine print says, all tractors will be equipped with technology that makes phones inoperable above 8 mph?

Well Bluetooth hands free was always “legal”. It was against company policy, not against the law. And u guys know as well as I do, most drivers already use headsets to talk to each other while driving, sometimes it the only way to stay awake. My SCM rode with me one night and my phone rang about 10 times. He said “ you get a lot of calls in the middle of the night.” I said” yeah telemarketers know I work nights.” The next day the handsfree policy was posted on the road board.
The new cell phone policy has been in the works for years...it’s been tied up in legal for the last two years that I know of...maybe longer.

Yes, drivers have been using their phones, just be thankful you haven’t been caught on camera by safety. We’ve had a few who were given a couple days off for “handling their phones” while driving.

The new cell phone policy has been in the works for years...it’s been tied up in legal for the last two years that I know of...maybe longer.

Yes, drivers have been using their phones, just be thankful you haven’t been caught on camera by safety. We’ve had a few who were given a couple days off for “handling their phones” while driving.

I hear a guy was penalized 2 strokes for not using blutooth on his golf cart

I won’t give away any secrets. :-)
I't no secret , you can walk in and see exactly what they
are doing if you are real quiet. LMFAO , busted them all
the time. It's really funny to hear how they throw the drivers
under the bus behind their backs and then kiss up to them
face to face or at the dispatch window. Even others on the
management team and office staff are fair game. I find it

extremely funny.:lmao:

What would the legal aspect be? Most other freight lines allow it. Plus hands free is legal.

I ran night line-haul for ABF Freight several years ago and I will tell you, my phone was my best friend during that time! I purchased an iPhone shortly after I took the bid so I could ‘enjoy the ride’ more.