Yellow | "box Truck"

E7eX2kW.jpg

:hyper:

Who else, system wide, is getting "Box Trucks"?
Thoughts, comments & concerns?
I'm not YRC, I'm R&L but former CFCC , but my comment is we run box trucks and for floaters they always mean a day of hard work, crap deliveries (retail and residential) and are to be avoided if at all possible . The bottom guys usually get forced into them. Also senior guys will blow off deliveries and return them saying it needs a box truck to get into delivery location. Sometimes legitimate, other times laziness.

I'm not YRC, I'm R&L but former CFCC , but my comment is we run box trucks and for floaters they always mean a day of hard work, crap deliveries (retail and residential) and are to be avoided if at all possible . The bottom guys usually get forced into them. Also senior guys will blow off deliveries and return them saying it needs a box truck to get into delivery location. Sometimes legitimate, other times laziness.
Well, my opinion , they should be getting many if these " crap deliveries". By us we send far too many big boxes into residential areas because they have no one else to do it. Also, many car dealers are not set up for long trailers and we risk it anyway.

Well, my opinion , they should be getting many if these " crap deliveries". By us we send far too many big boxes into residential areas because they have no one else to do it. Also, many car dealers are not set up for long trailers and we risk it anyway.
Not arguing that point. A car dealership is a crap delivery on a long box, pup, box truck, pickup, or skateboard in my opinion . If I wanted to deal with grumpy auto dealership people I'd drive a car hauler. I prefer to bump docks.

Not that I want work to go away from teamsters, but I’m way over the whole residential delivery aspect of freight.
Dock pickup your own freight, imho.
Customers want to save money on shipping but want ‘white glove’ service.
Not worth the hassle, miles and lost time.

Perfect job for ‘box truck,’ but our box truck is the same wheelbase as our YRC straight trucks. Most curious.

We don’t have a box truck yet but we did hire a driver for our phantom box truck. Unfortunately the driver they hired was a little long in the tooth and not in great shape and ended up quitting before the truck showed up. So I’d say the box truck program is working out about as well as you could expect. Box truck SYNERGIES!!

Our problem is, with these "box trucks", they're "non CDL" ONLY, and won't be awarded by seniority!!
As soon as we have a date of violation we are going to file!
Our TM is hiring 2 non CDL casuals to drive these trucks, pushing them straight into a M-F day bid on the street while we have men with seniority having to work nights!!

Our problem is, with these "box trucks", they're "non CDL" ONLY, and won't be awarded by seniority!!
As soon as we have a date of violation we are going to file!
Our TM is hiring 2 non CDL casuals to drive these trucks, pushing them straight into a M-F day bid on the street while we have men with seniority having to work nights!!

Your co-workers have the right to apply for the ‘box truck’ bid. If hired for the position, give two weeks notice at the present job with $2 higher rate of pay and consideration of accumulated seniority and vacation time.

I have no doubt the company would love to hire you back at $2 less per hour and no vacation...

At least monthly dues will be less.

Your co-workers have the right to apply for the ‘box truck’ bid. If hired for the position, give two weeks notice at the present job with $2 higher rate of pay and consideration of accumulated seniority and vacation time.

I have no doubt the company would love to hire you back at $2 less per hour and no vacation...

Typical Truckingboard response!!
Not the place to talk serious business!
Thanks Elwood for the reminder!

Actually we have some Driver's that would QUIT & be hired back for $2.00 less & no vacation , IF they could Guarantee in writing of only 40 hours a week instead of 60 to 70 hours a week , But they won't do that ...............

Typical Truckingboard response!!
Not the place to talk serious business!
Thanks Elwood for the reminder!
So if they had brand new 28’ pups,12’ high,lift gate equipped,single axle tractors,no air fairings,M-F, 0700 start times, delivering nothing but residential,retail,inside deliveries, business offices,and all liftgate freight,and all pickups were of the same nature,you would bid on it?

So if they had brand new 28’ pups,12’ high,lift gate equipped,single axle tractors,no air fairings,M-F, 0700 start times, delivering nothing but residential,retail,inside deliveries, business offices,and all liftgate freight,and all pickups were of the same nature,you would bid on it?

Maybe if it were a jitterbug instead of a pup he would possibly???

Not arguing that point. A car dealership is a crap delivery on a long box, pup, box truck, pickup, or skateboard in my opinion . If I wanted to deal with grumpy auto dealership people I'd drive a car hauler. I prefer to bump docks.

Oh come on Ted come on over to the "Dark Side" of carhaul, The dealership people aren't grumpy just the check in guy and the salesman telling ya it should have been here yesterday plus all the people that want to see what your doing, plus the fact of trying to get my "small 80' truck" into and out of the area. Ah heck just another day at work lol