ODFL | Can’t hire drivers

Hook my brother, last night I was flipping thru the channels and found an old Carol Burnett skit where her and Bernadette Peters were doing dueling type writers with that music in the background. I had forgotten how funny that show was from when I was a kid. It is still hilarious today. There I go showing my age again.
I'll look for that online. The old shows with all the innuendo & stuff is what made it so funny. Carol Burnett, Tim Conway, Bernadette Peters were awesome. I don't mind showing my age, growing old ain't for the weak of heart it's a badge of honor for the strong, just ask my wife. :lmao::lmao::lmao: I'll show myself out..............

There was a scene where it was a phone call to a newly wed with her groom in bed. Both were getting on in age and the Bride soothed her friend that she will call right back the required consummation will only be 5 minutes.

I recall seeing that a a child and asked parents closely what that was all about. They didnt tell me a damn thing. Eventually I found a big enough dictionary and discovered the meaning etc and then laughed.

oh ...it's a word... dickish- being a dick**** sorry Von ,not calling you one
An example. My wife says I can't remember a thing. I tell her my memory is a lot like my Tallywacker, short most of the time occasionally long. How about dispatch asking why you took so long & you say I got hung up on a R x R crossing on West bound I-70. von.

Golden Corral buffet.
Unlimited Golden Corral Buffet was a great signing Bonus for us !!
episode 9 buffet GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Can anyone describe life as an end of line terminal linehaul driver? Typical trip, workweek, $, etc.
5 nights a week. Very few end of line terminals have day runs. Typically end of line hauls their freight to a breakbulk in their district. Depending on where you are you might see a 3 round/2 round bag run, kind of rare though. Some meet and turns, some triangle turns (3 terminal stops). You do all your own switching and fueling here. It is non-union, but they go by seniority. Free health insurance. Your dental, vision, and life are elective but cheap Less than 500 a year. Over 100k. If you aren’t shy about a 6th day can hit 115k at bottom pay. Typical LTL freight job, somedays you wouldn’t imagine doing anything else, and other days you can imagine doing anything but…

Overall my experience with OD has been positive. I like keeping my nose on the grind stone and being left alone. They’ve held up their end of the deal on that. If you get a truck with a camera, don’t hold onto your phone, put it in a holder and set up one button dialing. Complete stop at every stop sign and don’t tailgate and you’ll never get a coaching session.

If you are considering a linehaul position, make sure to realize your customer is the dock worker and city guy at the terminal you’re heading to. Imternal customers are who linehaul services.

5 nights a week. Very few end of line terminals have day runs. Typically end of line hauls their freight to a breakbulk in their district. Depending on where you are you might see a 3 round/2 round bag run, kind of rare though. Some meet and turns, some triangle turns (3 terminal stops). You do all your own switching and fueling here. It is non-union, but they go by seniority. Free health insurance. Your dental, vision, and life are elective but cheap Less than 500 a year. Over 100k. If you aren’t shy about a 6th day can hit 115k at bottom pay. Typical LTL freight job, somedays you wouldn’t imagine doing anything else, and other days you can imagine doing anything but…

Overall my experience with OD has been positive. I like keeping my nose on the grind stone and being left alone. They’ve held up their end of the deal on that. If you get a truck with a camera, don’t hold onto your phone, put it in a holder and set up one button dialing. Complete stop at every stop sign and don’t tailgate and you’ll never get a coaching session.

If you are considering a linehaul position, make sure to realize your customer is the dock worker and city guy at the terminal you’re heading to. Imternal customers are who linehaul services.
I appreciate the info! I'm hustling 6 days a week now at Frito but it's just so chaotic. No set s schedule, never off weekends for nearly 9 years. I had 21 years in LTL, so not completely unfamiliar. Pulled in 96k last year, but should be much higher considering the $ of global behemoth PepsiCo/Frito Lay. So tired of waiting on retirements. We have two 71 year old drivers who don't have plans on retirement any time soon.

Free health insurance?
No premiums?
No deductible or out of pocket?
Just asking. A few friends at OD by me say they offer like 6 different plans, from low premium, to high deductible and out of pocket, or higher premium, lower deductible and O O P?

I remember the 80's where everyone inserted the Bullshit word into everything.

I think there was even a bullshit detector for decorated corporate spew.

Free health insurance?
No premiums?
No deductible or out of pocket?
Just asking. A few friends at OD by me say they offer like 6 different plans, from low premium, to high deductible and out of pocket, or higher premium, lower deductible and O O P?
I’ll tag you in on a thread that shows the actual plans. I’m in an umbrella policy with my wife and kids that covers anything major expense wise past my deductibles if I have a catastrophic deal.

I appreciate the info! I'm hustling 6 days a week now at Frito but it's just so chaotic. No set s schedule, never off weekends for nearly 9 years. I had 21 years in LTL, so not completely unfamiliar. Pulled in 96k last year, but should be much higher considering the $ of global behemoth PepsiCo/Frito Lay. So tired of waiting on retirements. We have two 71 year old drivers who don't have plans on retirement any time soon.
You’ll fit right in. Plenty of former Teamsters members here getting along just fine. I’m not kidding, it is pretty laid back and at an end of line, you probably won’t have to even work on weekends. If you do want to all you do is just pick up the phone and call the nearest breakbulk or central dispatch for your region and they’ll figure something out for you to do. I have done a few weekends when the week just didn’t pan out as good as I wanted it to and have never had a problem getting something to do. Usually make enough Monday night through Friday nights for me though.

Last edited:
That is great insurance. Who is the carrier/administrator? It’s not Teamster “free” but way better than others.
I thought you said that “Coop Pawn & Insurance Brokers” in Cedar Rapids had top notch insurance and the best selection of used guns, banjo’s, costume jewelry, and DVD’s in town. My mistake.
:17142::17142::17142:

Last edited: