FedEx Freight | CIN filed a petition to the NLRB for a Union Vote

Is this who you want to represent you ?

July 31, 2014: James Hoffa yesterday imposed an “emergency” trusteeship over Local 710, and appointed Chicago Teamster boss John Coli as trustee. The trusteeship follows a July 17 report by the Independent Review Board on the lack of financial controls in the local union.

Many members of Local 710 are eager to clean house in the next election, and want to know how this trusteeship will affect those efforts.

A trusteeship is “presumed invalid” after 18 months, so we fully expect an election on that time schedule. That will be in early 2016, just the same time that Local 710 – and almost all locals – will elect delegates to the 2016 IBT Convention where candidates will be nominated to run for General President and all IBT offices, including Coli’s office.

A majority of the local’s 13,000 members are employed by UPS, ABF, UPS Freight and YRC. All of those groups of workers have rejected concessions by big margins in the past year, and are ready for real changes. Many have contacted Teamsters for a Democratic Union since yesterday to talk about future plans

The local includes all UPS Teamsters in Illinois outside the Chicago area, as well as Northern Indiana and Davenport, Iowa.

Those 6,000 UPS Teamsters rejected their contract last February by a 73% margin, and since then have been in the dark. The union falsely put on the ballot that a rejection would lead to an immediate strike.

Trustee John Coli will now oversee bargaining with UPS. Coli supported every concessionary deal that the IBT has served up at UPS, UPS Freight, ABF and YRC.

The IRB Report details the charges against Local 710 secretary-treasurer Pat Flynn for purchasing $58,000 worth of gift cards over several years, without any accounting of what happened to those visa cards. It goes on to note that the local entered into leases and car purchases without executive board approval; that the trustees on the executive board did not review the cancelled checks compared to the books; and that the local financial reports failed to disclose $494,468 in “commissions” owed to officers. That liability would have led to the local reporting large negative net assets.
Dude yes this is what we want. We are grown men and don't need to be educated. Most of us have been in a union before and know all the what ifs. We are not asking for nothing but representation and rules not to change like the wind.so save your hot air the men have spoken loud and clear and it's going to get louder goliath is about to fall.

@DockWalker , I'm assuming you're a manager from your name and the way you put that post, in a small way I feel bad for managers , because they are the root and cause of all of these problems. and they are usually the first ones to go and get fired..

I am as hourly as you are.

Ok big guys let's see the petition and letter of protection you can come out of the closet

Patience grasshopper. Be thankful for the update. You'll get your "proof" in due time. I, for one, am grateful for the info. It's helpful to know what progress has be made at other locations.

Thanks to renegade169 for posting what He could! :clapping:

I have to wonder if the big managers meeting (in Charleston, SC I heard) held this past week had something to do with all this. Pretty likely, I think, since it was held during end of month week. Odd time, otherwise.

This is gaining steam, and growing into an unstoppable force. And coming soon to a Center near you! I you have not yet heard anything and hope to, take that easy 1st step. CALL.

Thanks to all those willing to take action. :bowdown:

I Really wish you guys up there ALL THE BEST !!!! Hopefully this will snow ball and make a better work place for all of us !!!!

Glad to see that a mid size terminal is getting to the voting stage. Jeep Jerk you are far from a jerk.You and your team are awesome. Some of us like you are sticking our necks out there too!!! Thank you for what you guys have done. This helps our cause at this terminal trying to convince others. Thank you NJ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks bro. The team here is pretty solid! I'm not a even a jeep jerk anymore cause I sold her. Think I'm stuck with the name though.

Thanks bro. The team here is pretty solid! I'm not a even a jeep jerk anymore cause I sold her. Think I'm stuck with the name though.
Dude where have you been all this time ? JeepJerk NJ in da house!!!!! Love where your heads at man.

Hope for the best expect the worse. Don't think Fred will take this lightly he's as anti-union as they come. But why are FedEx pilots union & the highest paid. Most of you guys know I work for UPSF my in-laws were high exec for a huge ins co and as anti-union as they come. Long story short were talking about the ltl sector & how some cos don't pay ot or for services rendered we'll just leave it at that. They were shocked at what some of these profitable cos get away with it. I told them if a pension is good enough for execs then it should be good enough for their workers. Aren't they more educated then we are Masters,
PHD etc etc. Read an interesting article a while back about 401K's from one of the Johnson & Johnson ares. There one of the first ones to start a 401k company match plan & stated cos these days are really using the 401K's for what they were never meant to be. He stated it was meant to be supplementary retire income & never started to take the place of a defined pension plan. Now like the rest of u I have a 401K. I wasn't trying to blast it just thought this article was interesting on one of the cos that started it. Apologize if I went off in a tandem. Just don think wages & bennies should be that far off in the ltl sector especially if the cos are profitable. Congrats on getting the ball rolling but expect a long hard fight from Fred.