XPO | city driver forced to run

tadpol

TB Lurker
Credits
HOW MANY OTHER FACILITIES OUT THERE THAT ANYBODY KNOWS OF ARE MAKING CITY DRIVERS RUN SAT. LINEHAUL???? oR IS YOUR FAC OR SERVICE CENTER GOING BY SENORITY BY LINEHAUL DRIVERS ONLY. please tell me:ranting2:

HOW MANY OTHER FACILITIES OUT THERE THAT ANYBODY KNOWS OF ARE MAKING CITY DRIVERS RUN SAT. LINEHAUL???? oR IS YOUR FAC OR SERVICE CENTER GOING BY SENORITY BY LINEHAUL DRIVERS ONLY. please tell me:ranting2:

City drivers will be running at xcf.

What I don't understand is: If all of a sudden Saturday's a scheduled workday (my TM says Con-Way can do that), and it's a "Linehaul Operation", then why isn't Linehaul forced to run it?
After all, if the tables were turned... I wouldn't expect linehaulers be forced to peddle freight during forced Saturday City Operations...

P.S: If this whole assumption that YRC is closing tomorrow doesn't happen... just think of the hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars flushed down the toilet... I.C.P.? Anyone??

They can do it because there is no written policy manual. They make up everything as they go along. :ranting2::nutkick:

Ding!...Ding!...Ding!...

We have a winner.

You have won the honor of working this saturday runing L/H is you so desire (or not!)...

It is not a regularly scheduled work day...so first they ask for volunteers and then force from the bottom...SOP....

They think YRC is going to belly up this week and thinking there will be a cast of thousands calling and begging us to come pick up their freight tommorow and next week.

Right!...:biglaugh:

Rat

We picked up about 70,000,000 lbs of freight on Wednesday. About half of that freight is 2-day or 3-day freight. Call it 35,000,000 lbs of freight that was picked up Wednesday and won't deliver today, so it's stuck in the linehaul system.

Then, we'll pick up about another 25,000,000 lbs of freight today. So, add that to the 35M of 2 and 3 day freight and you're up to 60,000,000 lbs of freight in the linehaul system before you even start making pickups on Monday.

We've been averaging about 70M to 80M lbs of freight per night through December....so, go ahead and add 60M lbs of freight for Monday pickups just to be conservative.

Do any of you think we're really equipped to move 120M to 130M lbs of freight through our system on Monday night? All the LH DSRs on Monday night would be getting back from the FACs at 1100 to 1300 and then half of the freight would be returns because we couldn't get it all delivered on Tuesday.

This isn't about YRCW shutting the doors. It's about taking care of the business we have.

Of course, this post is for entertainment purposes only.

We picked up about 70,000,000 lbs of freight on Wednesday. About half of that freight is 2-day or 3-day freight. Call it 35,000,000 lbs of freight that was picked up Wednesday and won't deliver today, so it's stuck in the linehaul system.

Then, we'll pick up about another 25,000,000 lbs of freight today. So, add that to the 35M of 2 and 3 day freight and you're up to 60,000,000 lbs of freight in the linehaul system before you even start making pickups on Monday.

We've been averaging about 70M to 80M lbs of freight per night through December....so, go ahead and add 60M lbs of freight for Monday pickups just to be conservative.

Do any of you think we're really equipped to move 120M to 130M lbs of freight through our system on Monday night? All the LH DSRs on Monday night would be getting back from the FACs at 1100 to 1300 and then half of the freight would be returns because we couldn't get it all delivered on Tuesday.

This isn't about YRCW shutting the doors. It's about taking care of the business we have.

This is exactly what is going on. :TR10driving03:

Came down from XGO. This is company wide...As we say at our Terminal with 180 man board. "Seniority is a B**ch until you have some"

Yes Sir. Some Greenies for you. Press on

At my barn, no one is getting forced to work except FAC guys and Linedrivers. They don't have to come into work tonight but are being required to work Saturday. Basically they are trading one day for another. Personally, if I was a city driver I would tell them to kiss my :eck13: and say no way am I coming in. If you have a schedule and are not on the flex board then you should not be made to work on your day off, that is the whole point of having a start time.

What I don't understand is: If all of a sudden Saturday's a scheduled workday (my TM says Con-Way can do that), and it's a "Linehaul Operation", then why isn't Linehaul forced to run it?
After all, if the tables were turned... I wouldn't expect linehaulers be forced to peddle freight during forced Saturday City Operations...

P.S: If this whole assumption that YRC is closing tomorrow doesn't happen... just think of the hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars flushed down the toilet... I.C.P.? Anyone??

Sometime things like that happen. You have to prepare for it just in case it happens. Kind of like car insurance, you have it just in case something happens. So under your theory, insuring your car is a total waste of money. But, what if you were to have that accident? See? Be prepared for the worse and hope for the best.

Couldn't have said it better myself even if I were smart enough. Now, it is not the YRC demise that we are preparing for but the impending demise. We have gathered more freight as of late because of the YRC situation. So, Destrus hit the nail right on the head. :clap:

At my barn, no one is getting forced to work except FAC guys and Linedrivers. They don't have to come into work tonight but are being required to work Saturday. Basically they are trading one day for another. Personally, if I was a city driver I would tell them to kiss my :eck13: and say no way am I coming in. If you have a schedule and are not on the flex board then you should not be made to work on your day off, that is the whole point of having a start time.

It is a linehaul operation and all linehaul drivers and fac bid guys are the ones that should be working not city guys ... it should be linehaul drivers , fac bid guys , flexboard then city drivers forcing from the bottom ... if your SIC is not doing that then your SCM has no nut ...

xco forced from bottom up still dont understand me being city driver why i have to run line haul i have worked my for days how about linehaul how many nights they work this week..If nothing else force bottom up from the linehaul and night flex board

It is a linehaul operation and all linehaul drivers and fac bid guys are the ones that should be working not city guys ... it should be linehaul drivers , fac bid guys , flexboard then city drivers forcing from the bottom ... if your SIC is not doing that then your SCM has no nut ...

From what we've been told this classifies as extra work.. So there should be a sign up list then force from the bottom no matter what you bid. I was surprised but I was forced to work Saturday. Not happy about it with 6 years here but it beats hoping for a work call M-F. Lets move the freight and have some beers when we're done..

Bump

If the freight is there, we need to move it.

This Saturday work and or holiday work falls under policy 252 if you have work 35 hrs or less this week you will be the first to work on saturday, then it is offered to the lh department. LH drivers are not forced to work. They only force from the bottom up in the service center your in. all DSRs