XPO | city driver forced to run

It is up to the individual SICs as to whether they want run a split board.

In some instances it is easier to do this...not only for the SIC...but for the drivers as well

It is much easier and safer for the driver not switching from days to nights and back. Proper rest is concern for us all.

When I was at EO we were told any SIC having six or more peeps on the flex must run a split board...that was the policy at that time...but we all know about Con-Way's policies...they are situational...

And there is no 'one' Con-Way or 'one' set of rules...if that were the case we all would be making the same wage...

Rat

Yes, and that is my problem with the whole thing. Different SC's and different rules. We used to have a city flex, line flex and an extra board. I like that because then you don't have guys flopping back and forth and yes it is a safety issue. It is really hard on your body to work nights. Ask any doctor, they will tell you that. But, to be flopping back and forth city to line has to be really bad.

I believe that according to the JSP............

Extra Line work goes to bid Line drivers first

Extra City work, goes to bid city drivers first (as long as overtime is not involved)...........

As someone already stated, the extra Line work, is almost always on a sat, and bid line drivers aren't available. sometimes the extra line work is on a Sun, and once again, a bid line driver can't take it, as it would cause an hours problem the following friday. This is a rather unique situation, in which line drivers can take the work, without either causing an hours violation during the current week, and still have the 34 hr reset happen, so as not to effect the following week. So......Line drivers have first right of refusal on this work......if not enough bid line drivers sign up, then the work is offered to everyone else by seniority, if still not enough drivers volunteer, then they force from the bottom of the seniority list, regardless of bid.

I did not hear it this time but almost all holidays in the past that required some bodies we were told that all bids are canceled. - And then they would work from there with a clean slate.

Too small for flex board. Run went up, everyone said no way, one of the top men was told to report in the morning. I just told him we needed the extra for the diamonds I didn't get at Christmas!! :ranting2: I mean the SCM told him to report in the morning.

It is a linehaul operation and all linehaul drivers and fac bid guys are the ones that should be working not city guys ... it should be linehaul drivers , fac bid guys , flexboard then city drivers forcing from the bottom ... if your SIC is not doing that then your SCM has no nut ...

Thats a big negative wonderring....according to CGO and I know because when this whole thing came about Monday I called our Employee Relations Supervisor, and you know who that is in our area, and she told me that since this is saturday work, its "ask from the top, then force from bottom". Our TM was corrected on this policy as he was forcing it to be a LH only operation. As in past instances of this kind in my 9 yrs here, thats the way it works with saturday work. When I was just off flex board and had my first city start times and a similar situation arose I was forced to run LH. I can remember certain holidays where we ran skeleton crews and the start times were null and void....it was up to the terminal mgr and supervisor as to who worked IB dock and who peddled frt in which areas....I lost my 4am bid and ended up on LH. This was not popular then and is not now. I understand what all of you had to go thru last week...been there...done that!!! :nutkick:

Wow, Big bunch of senior cry babies? You need to get back on your dirty little forklift and off of your soap box. :attention:

Just say "NO"? Well my little insult throwing friend, you can do anything you want on your last day.

Just my thought but you need to go look in the mirror and answer to that guy before you start chucking commands and insults out. Also, those who live in glass houses, well go ahead and pick up that rock. :ShakeHandsNah:

Well said bigfoot. "Senior cry babies"? We were all once where you "bottom feeder cry babies" are now and have all had to do the s#@t jobs. Thats what seniority is all about. Most of our new guys were glad to work since some dont get holiday pay.

Its plain and simple spoken right from CGO...."ask from top...then force from bottom". Thats the way its been for the past 9 yrs and thats the way it will always be!!

Get used to it!! If u don't like it, i'm sure u know where the door is!!:eck13:

Well said bigfoot. "Senior cry babies"? We were all once where you "bottom feeder cry babies" are now and have all had to do the s#@t jobs. Thats what seniority is all about. Most of our new guys were glad to work since some dont get holiday pay.

Its plain and simple spoken right from CGO...."ask from top...then force from bottom". Thats the way its been for the past 9 yrs and thats the way it will always be!!

Get used to it!! If u don't like it, i'm sure u know where the door is!!:eck13:

I will third that thought!!!!...it has been like that for the past 25 years that I have been, just deal with it OR I bet you could flip burgers or greet people at Wal mart.....
I did run, had a blast.... watching the newer guys and shakeing their hands.. And most of them were weining, Oh well...I think we beat this topic with a stick long enough....let's try something new

I will third that thought!!!!...it has been like that for the past 25 years that I have been, just deal with it OR I bet you could flip burgers or greet people at Wal mart.....
I did run, had a blast.... watching the newer guys and shakeing their hands.. And most of them were weining, Oh well...I think we beat this topic with a stick long enough....let's try something new

I was surprised how many of the usual senior drivers were there on Saturday.

Amen to that. It is a new year and I am sure that we can come up with a bunch of new reasons to complain. Hey, are any of the new trucks on the road yet or are the saving them until the "11th"?

Amen to that. It is a new year and I am sure that we can come up with a bunch of new reasons to complain. Hey, are any of the new trucks on the road yet or are the saving them until the "11th"?

All the new ones here are still at the shop locations. My guess - they will begin moving this week.

All the new ones here are still at the shop locations. My guess - they will begin moving this week.

We were told that the new trucks go out on the new bids on the 11th. I think that most people are staying on the same bids they had so I don't see what holding the trucks back will accomplish. I have been off for two weeks so the contact I have had with Conway is through all my trucking board buddies. Been yelled at by a few too but I am over that. :smilies-19296: I guess I will get the low down come tomorrow. Can't wait for next years vacation to start.

We were told that the new trucks go out on the new bids on the 11th. I think that most people are staying on the same bids they had so I don't see what holding the trucks back will accomplish. I have been off for two weeks so the contact I have had with Conway is through all my trucking board buddies. Been yelled at by a few too but I am over that. :smilies-19296: I guess I will get the low down come tomorrow. Can't wait for next years vacation to start.

The truck bid sheet at my terminal has a bunch of 09's listed and bid on for the longest run but does not have any yet. That would suggest to me that they'll be heading out this week. Since I don't like driving and bid short, I'll get an 04.

I get more info. on here than I do in the Monday morning meeting..And I'm being serious.

Yeah but sometimes you have to weed through the rumors and opinions. But yes, I have to say I pick up a lot of information from here, especially what is going on in other parts of he country.

I was just saying that I am not used to this happening. Usually when there is work on Sat. line guys are not even in the mix because they worked Fri.

This is a whole new situation. In 23 years I don't believe this has ever happened so I am at a loss. I haven't been at work this week so I don't know how they are doing it.

We had enough volunteers to cover. very slow day.

Yeah but sometimes you have to weed through the rumors and opinions. But yes, I have to say I pick up a lot of information from here, especially what is going on in other parts of he country.

I've been lurking on here for a while without ever signing up. It's a fantastic source of information. Recently I've felt the need to give back to the boards. I don't really feel like I have alot to contribute. The regulars on here are pretty well informed. But every little bit helps, right? :smilies-19296:

I've been lurking on here for a while without ever signing up. It's a fantastic source of information. Recently I've felt the need to give back to the boards. I don't really feel like I have alot to contribute. The regulars on here are pretty well informed. But every little bit helps, right? :smilies-19296:

Welcome.

Welcome aboard and hold on! It is a wild ride!