FedEx Freight | Combining yards

I should have clarified the hurry part was on stop time.

Safety first everywhere as long as your clocked in.

Lmao Safety first was the motto many moons ago at our place. Local management ignores most safety chit unless they have to get involved with regional person otherwise keep it house god forbid someone finds out what a chit show we have .

Not enough snitching going on. Alert line is everything.

Exactly a stop will take how ever long it takes. We are not slinging packages or letters like ground and express. I'm sure that's their thought process.

Definitely. I did ground for about a year and all you do is scan the package. Everything else is already done.

At freight you're filling out paperwork, applying pro stickers, RFID tags and you're usually at the mercy of whoever is loading you. And all of that is if you don't have to wait for a dock to clear.

This is the problem when you make a dock worker a driver's supervisor. They have no idea what's going on out there, but they want to micromanage everything. That's why I encourage snitching.

"Supervisor Doe is encouraging unsafe behavior by rushing drivers. We're supposed to GOAL and make every FedEx experience great blah blah blah. You can't have it both ways. Do we practice safety and customer service or are we rushing to reduce man hours? Please clarify."

You'll never hear a peep out of them again, but paper trail is everything. No conversations. Text, email or alert line. On off chance the supe doesn't back off hit them with harassment and retaliation.

The rules of the game are in your favor, you just have to be willing to play.

I don't like the concept of snitching unless it's REALLY necessary.

At my old terminal, if you're black or lgbt, it's nearly impossible to be fired. Even for theft of items and unreported accidents. Things that used to be 100% out the door, immediate offenses when I was still with Fx.
The only people I've heard walked off in the last few years are all white.

Last edited:
I don't like the concept of snitching unless it's REALLY necessary.

At my old terminal, if you're black or lgbt, it's nearly impossible to be fired. Even for theft of items and unreported accidents. Things that used to be 100% out the door, immediate offenses when I was still with Fx.
The only people I've heard walked off in the last few years are all white.

My building walks everybody out that needs to be walked out. White, black, Hispanic it doesn't matter. Those identity politics games aren't played.

As for snitching, it's absolutely necessary. If you're not going to call them out, don't complain when they treat you the way they do. You're not going to win a verbal back and forth so you have to use the tools at your disposal. If you don't CYA, be prepared to be blamed for the numbers and other problems. Officially document the issues or take the blame for them.

If the problems aren't reported and run up the flag pole, what changes do you expect to see? I've been complaining officially since I found truckingboards and learned about the ethics line. I've used it a lot and I'm still here.

In Dallas the so called leadership reply is always we will look into it, when something is brought up. Of course not a f*cking thing is done about it.

Then when it explodes you have a paper trail that says you made them aware of the issues. That's what you want. Them doing something about it is great, when they do but it's a CYA tactic to protect yourself in the future. Think of it as insurance. Everybody hates insurance companies until they need them.

Like we always say at my barn, "Uphill slow, downhill fast. Tonnage first, safety last."

I'm just kidding. We don't say that.

We have had a lot of overweight trailers lately. They try to encourage drivers to take them, and most of the time, the driver takes it knowing it's overweight.

A lot of drivers won't hop on a lift for a half hour to rework their trailer, so they say "F it," and just pull it.

Like we always say at my barn, "Uphill slow, downhill fast. Tonnage first, safety last."

We have had a lot of overweight trailers lately. They try to encourage drivers to take them, and most of the time, the driver takes it knowing it's overweight.

A lot of drivers won't hop on a lift for a half hour to rework their trailer, so they say "F it," and just pull it.
That saying is the new FedEx standard. F it!

Just follow the FedEx Ground motto!!!
”If your falling behind, your scheduled routine,
drive ‘till you find, the nearest ravine”.
:17142::17142::17142:

“If there is no space, in the ravine you chose,
in Raphine, there’s a place, only Triplex knows”.
:poke::poke::poke:
Have I ever told you about how I passed Ravine on my way to Raphine? :hysterical: :17142: :438:
Or how I passed through Mexico without ever leaving NY?
Or how I used to have breakfast in Peru on my way back to Maybrook from Canada?
(I'm having hot chocolate, taking a break from shoveling)