ABF | Compensation Statement

they are making money even during Covid-19
Not much money! I'd be more concerned with their withdraw liability from CSPF, easily a million dollars per active employee, ABF got the money to pay that? They will just pay into a bankrupt CSPF for the next TWENTY years with nothing to show for it.

Not much money! I'd be more concerned with their withdraw liability from CSPF, easily a million dollars per active employee, ABF got the money to pay that? They will just pay into a bankrupt CSPF for the next TWENTY years with nothing to show for it.
They will let them slide just like yrc. Don’t be so foolish....Where you getting your pension from? Ups or the Air Force?

The whole idea of Union organizing is to allow the employees to set the going wage,...not outside market forces or politics,...both of which are temporary in duration, and do not reflect the true value of employees to the companies.

A company might temporarily inflate a wage to influence the hiring pool based on a shortage of qualified employees,......but once the company perceives an abatement of that shortage,.....nothing would prevent them from "adjusting" that wage downward.
Usually, companies do that by increasing the cost of various "benefits",.....that the company solely dispenses, and sets the cost to the employee,.....thereby decreasing the net paycheck,........(sometimes without increasing any sort of "benefit,....therefore, no "cost" to company....)

Without a collective bargaining agreement, a company can deal with employees on a one-on-one basis,...pitting employees, terminals, and regions against each other as far as wages, benefits, and even working conditions go.
Employment-at-Will.........

Unions preserve your First Amendment Rights at work,.....as opposed to autocratic management who will not tolerate any dissenting opinions.
Proof? Tell your non-Union Terminal Manager that you think "the ability to organize is covered under the First Amendment...."

See how fast they punish you for voicing that thought........if you dare........

If you're happy working under Employment-at-Will,....and will never, ever do or say anything to make management angry,....and are content with whatever management deigns to pay you in wages and benefits,.....Have At It!

Just got my ABF compensation Statement & I know we have great benefits & a good pension but does ABF realize that a lot of the other ltl companies pay close to $30 a hour or over $30? All this statement tells me is I’m under paid hourly....

Don't forget, Brother,.....that the pension contribution is wholly paid by the company without any employee contribution,....
Also,...the same is true for the H & W contribution,.......In My Opinion, any company that charges a "co-pay" to ....maintain the company insurance plan,...is running a scam on their employees,...surcharging them through their paycheck for something the company sets the price on........

When you factor in the pension and H & W payments that are made in your behalf,...without any contribution on your part,....then the overall compensation becomes more equitable.
If your employer requires you to "contribute" to both your pension,...or 401(k), in lieu of a pension,...and your H & W,...then those factors should be deducted from compensation.

After removing all "involuntary" deductions from Gross pay,....a better picture of real compensation,....net, spendable pay,.......appears....

But, yes........ALL Truck Drivers are underpaid.......

Wal-Mart is now paying as much as $30 an hour...........They're Worth Every Penny, I'm sure.......

Don't forget, Brother,.....that the pension contribution is wholly paid by the company without any employee contribution,....
Also,...the same is true for the H & W contribution,.......In My Opinion, any company that charges a "co-pay" to ....maintain the company insurance plan,...is running a scam on their employees,...surcharging them through their paycheck for something the company sets the price on........

When you factor in the pension and H & W payments that are made in your behalf,...without any contribution on your part,....then the overall compensation becomes more equitable.
If your employer requires you to "contribute" to both your pension,...or 401(k), in lieu of a pension,...and your H & W,...then those factors should be deducted from compensation.

After removing all "involuntary" deductions from Gross pay,....a better picture of real compensation,....net, spendable pay,.......appears....

But, yes........ALL Truck Drivers are underpaid.......

Wal-Mart is now paying as much as $30 an hour...........They're Worth Every Penny, I'm sure.......
That’s why I mentioned those two things first....

CSPF narrative again?? Look around at some of the other funds. The Western Conference might be a good starting point. Let us know what you find. We’ll wait.