ABF | Compensation Statement

Still didn’t answer my question, what pension are you collecting?
IBT/UPS, UPS, CSPF will go broke before I start collecting at 65, then it will be CSPF bailed out by PBGC and UPS will make up the difference. Looks like at 65 I will get 4 different deposits every month. Where did you get the impression I was in the Airforce?

CSPF narrative again?? Look around at some of the other funds. The Western Conference might be a good starting point. Let us know what you find. We’ll wait.
I like it when you bring up money, gives me the opportunity to educate. The vast majority of TB viewers never post. They come here for information. After checking out your point of view, they conclude you are a bunch of self serving #@&%*!?#@$%&*.

CSPF narrative again?? Look around at some of the other funds. The Western Conference might be a good starting point. Let us know what you find. We’ll wait.
Or he could use central Pennsylvania too, but I’m sure he knows that already. I see Trucking God gave you a like 206....I don’t think he knows what your talking about. I think he got a little wood when he though you were bad mouthing the pension’s....

Or he could use central Pennsylvania too, but I’m sure he knows that already. I see Trucking God gave you a like 206....I don’t think he knows what your talking about. I think he got a little wood when he though you were bad mouthing the pension’s....
Yeah, I have no issues with the fellow...that’s what these forums are for. I’ve even given him a few likes, most recently on his post about long-lasting contribution ‘freezes’ to the individual funds quite possibly bringing values down in other funds. Darn good point there! Certainly something (else) we should be concerned about.

Yeah, I have no issues with the fellow...that’s what these forums are for. I’ve even given him a few likes, most recently on his post about long-lasting contribution ‘freezes’ to the individual funds quite possibly bringing values down in other funds. Darn good point there! Certainly something (else) we should be concerned about.
Why is Bubba or anyone else such a bad agitator? And then come up with a post like the pension freeze that asks good questions. His posts **** off most people. But then he shows a little bit of light that makes sense or talks about the subject no one else wants to address. I am sure there is an name for this, but it escapes me. von.

:438:
Why is Bubba or anyone else such a bad agitator? And then come up with a post like the pension freeze that asks good questions. His posts **** off most people. But then he shows a little bit of light that makes sense or talks about the subject no one else wants to address. I am sure there is an name for this, but it escapes me. von.
We ALL have something to offer. Even us retired malcontents!

Wasting your time, GO. He’s on the payroll in Ft. Smith.
Why is Bubba or anyone else such a bad agitator?
Is that why you get banned on a regular basis?
ARCBEST, is worth a whopping 817 million. It's withdraw liability to CSPF BILLIONS? Not much chance you are ever going to get paid $30 dollars an hour GO40! How will ABF retain employees after 2025, with no pension and no 401k? Canary, SAC75, GO40, TRUCKER 206, vongrimmenstein don't you think it's time for some meaningful pension reform? How about making MEPFs follow single employer pension fund rules? After all, the PBGC insures single employer pension funds for up to $65,000 a year. Plus their insurance fund isn't going bankrupt. How about some insightful comments from ARCBEST best employees.

ARCBEST, is worth a whopping 817 million. It's withdraw liability to CSPF BILLIONS? Not much chance you are ever going to get paid $30 dollars an hour GO40! How will ABF retain employees after 2025, with no pension and no 401k? Canary, SAC75, GO40, TRUCKER 206, vongrimmenstein don't you think it's time for some meaningful pension reform? How about making MEPFs follow single employer pension fund rules? After all, the PBGC insures single employer pension funds for up to $65,000 a year. Plus their insurance fund isn't going bankrupt. How about some insightful comments from ARCBEST best employees.
How about this clown if they can't pay the people making the money a fair wage then fold! I left YRC & i will find another job after ABF...Probably go back to ups parcel to finish my remaining 7 1/2 years. Im not that person who is worried about my weeks of vacation or my seniority spot, im thinking about the end game....

Since I am ignoring him,.......I cannot view his comments. Nor will I peek.
Therefore, I have no clue as to what nonsense he is spouting now. All I know is that much of what he says is designed to annoy people,........God has created flies, mosquitoes and athlete's foot to annoy people,...He doesn't need human volunteers.......

If,.....a big "If",.....he is presenting some sort of intelligent postulation on the pension position,.......then even if his Opinion is controversial, it should be debated........Even Judas Iscariot was given a seat at the Last Supper........

However, I've been disappointed in the past by his inflammatory, confrontational, and .........annoying,.......statements. I have various goals in life,...and one of them is to,......in the words of Mark Twain,..."not suffer Fools gladly..."

There's a long medical name for his condition, Bro. Von.......But, in the interests of Brevity,....we'll stick with: "Fool".

Since I am ignoring him,.......I cannot view his comments. Nor will I peek.
Therefore, I have no clue as to what nonsense he is spouting now. All I know is that much of what he says is designed to annoy people,........God has created flies, mosquitoes and athlete's foot to annoy people,...He doesn't need human volunteers.......

If,.....a big "If",.....he is presenting some sort of intelligent postulation on the pension position,.......then even if his Opinion is controversial, it should be debated........Even Judas Iscariot was given a seat at the Last Supper........

However, I've been disappointed in the past by his inflammatory, confrontational, and .........annoying,.......statements. I have various goals in life,...and one of them is to,......in the words of Mark Twain,..."not suffer Fools gladly..."

There's a long medical name for his condition, Bro. Von.......But, in the interests of Brevity,....we'll stick with: "Fool".
Brevity? I will have to look that one up. In the mean time, I think the medical name you are seeking is 'Brain Dead Redneck'. Is that the one name you would not mention? von.

Don't forget, Brother,.....that the pension contribution is wholly paid by the company without any employee contribution,....
Also,...the same is true for the H & W contribution,.......In My Opinion, any company that charges a "co-pay" to ....maintain the company insurance plan,...is running a scam on their employees,...surcharging them through their paycheck for something the company sets the price on........

When you factor in the pension and H & W payments that are made in your behalf,...without any contribution on your part,....then the overall compensation becomes more equitable.
If your employer requires you to "contribute" to both your pension,...or 401(k), in lieu of a pension,...and your H & W,...then those factors should be deducted from compensation.

After removing all "involuntary" deductions from Gross pay,....a better picture of real compensation,....net, spendable pay,.......appears....

But, yes........ALL Truck Drivers are underpaid.......

Wal-Mart is now paying as much as $30 an hour...........They're Worth Every Penny, I'm sure.......
The non i work at is run totally by fear , no morale , sad employees ( execpt office used all driver appreciation week funds for a 5 day office party)

Maybe someone can answer this but is it any different at union place?

You can speak your mind at a Union job. Not saying that someone won't try retribution.......But you have a contractual structure in which you can file charges about company,...or Union,....malfeasance. This structure was ruled legal in courts......

Employment-at-Will was designed to allow companies to get around the 5 Federally-mandated criteria that bars employers from firing due to race, religion, orientation, age, or disability. They just fire you for.....anything but those......

As I said,.........Most non-Union guys only think of joining a Union...a week after they've been fired, or a month after they've retired.....
If you can put your head down, do what they ask, no matter what,..and accept whatever they pay, or give out...(or change..)...in benefits,...and never question the competence or ethicality of upper management.......
....then I guess you can last for 30 years at a non-Union company.

Unless they start a push to get rid of older, high vacation, slower, more health problem-ridden employees.....
(...Hint:...they're not going to fire you for..."Age".....)

And, yeah........I've seen it happen at some large non-Union companies,...where all-of-a-sudden, the older "fair-haired" favored old-timer.....becomes persona non grata to management....up to the point they fire him for..."breaking the rules".....

You can speak your mind at a Union job. Not saying that someone won't try retribution.......But you have a contractual structure in which you can file charges about company,...or Union,....malfeasance. This structure was ruled legal in courts......

Employment-at-Will was designed to allow companies to get around the 5 Federally-mandated criteria that bars employers from firing due to race, religion, orientation, age, or disability. They just fire you for.....anything but those......

As I said,.........Most non-Union guys only think of joining a Union...a week after they've been fired, or a month after they've retired.....
If you can put your head down, do what they ask, no matter what,..and accept whatever they pay, or give out...(or change..)...in benefits,...and never question the competence or ethicality of upper management.......
....then I guess you can last for 30 years at a non-Union company.

Unless they start a push to get rid of older, high vacation, slower, more health problem-ridden employees.....
(...Hint:...they're not going to fire you for..."Age".....)

And, yeah........I've seen it happen at some large non-Union companies,...where all-of-a-sudden, the older "fair-haired" favored old-timer.....becomes persona non grata to management....up to the point they fire him for..."breaking the rules".....
We have a hard time hiring as it is now because not many people especially young people are getting into trucking so management at my terminal trys every thing they can't to keep people, maybe it's different at other places but there isn't enough people coming into trucking to replace the ones who leave it retire. I've never experienced in my 20 plus years in ltl someone getting fired for anything that wasn't a serious offense and management had no other choice

We have a hard time hiring as it is now because not many people especially young people are getting into trucking so management at my terminal trys every thing they can't to keep people, maybe it's different at other places but there isn't enough people coming into trucking to replace the ones who leave it retire. I've never experienced in my 20 plus years in ltl someone getting fired for anything that wasn't a serious offense and management had no other choice

Yes,....pretty much all LTL companies are having a hard time putting qualified people in seats. Actually, all trucking companies are,...but LTL is kind of special. When you are hired in LTL, it is presumed that your driving skills are a "given". You're not there to learn driving OJT. What goes on in the trailer is more Important, in management's eyes,....than what goes on behind the wheel.

So,...LTL is actually Two jobs,........driving AND LTL skills. Someone in management told me years ago that it took about 5 years to turn a.....truck driver into a competent LTL driver.

But,....as I went through de-regulation in the early '80's, ....management regarded truck drivers as "a dime a dozen",.....with so many Union LTL carriers closing. There was a glut of experienced drivers,....it took years to get on seniority at a Union company,...and upstart non-Union companies were very selective in who they would even consider. One muttered word about "union" or organizing,...and out the door.......First Amendment Rights be damned.......

That big "glut" of experienced LTL guys have finally achieved retirement age.........no longer do bankrupt companies act as training schools for the few remaining carriers. And now companies are slowly realizing that.....LTL skills.......dock, towmoter, jockey, freight handling,..........AND driving,......
.....are all things that need years to be learned effectively. Hence,...a "driver shortage" of qualified LTL guys.

Things in trucking may change.....rapidly,....in the next 5 years, probably due to technology. What happens if driverless OTR trucks become feasible? You may have another glut of former road drivers as companies shed their humans for...robots.
Personally, I think LTL city driving has way too many variables and daily judgement calls,...for CITY drivers to worry much about robot final mile deliveries.

But,......If all the non-Unions get rid of their.....ROAD drivers, because robot trucks finally work? You may see that "glut" again,....and management go back to the "dime a dozen" philosophy,......and start looking to replace the 20-year man with 3 weeks vacation......with a much younger, faster, desperate, "yes-boss-anything-you-say" employee, with no vacation........

Yes,....pretty much all LTL companies are having a hard time putting qualified people in seats. Actually, all trucking companies are,...but LTL is kind of special. When you are hired in LTL, it is presumed that your driving skills are a "given". You're not there to learn driving OJT. What goes on in the trailer is more Important, in management's eyes,....than what goes on behind the wheel.

So,...LTL is actually Two jobs,........driving AND LTL skills. Someone in management told me years ago that it took about 5 years to turn a.....truck driver into a competent LTL driver.

But,....as I went through de-regulation in the early '80's, ....management regarded truck drivers as "a dime a dozen",.....with so many Union LTL carriers closing. There was a glut of experienced drivers,....it took years to get on seniority at a Union company,...and upstart non-Union companies were very selective in who they would even consider. One muttered word about "union" or organizing,...and out the door.......First Amendment Rights be damned.......

That big "glut" of experienced LTL guys have finally achieved retirement age.........no longer do bankrupt companies act as training schools for the few remaining carriers. And now companies are slowly realizing that.....LTL skills.......dock, towmoter, jockey, freight handling,..........AND driving,......
.....are all things that need years to be learned effectively. Hence,...a "driver shortage" of qualified LTL guys.

Things in trucking may change.....rapidly,....in the next 5 years, probably due to technology. What happens if driverless OTR trucks become feasible? You may have another glut of former road drivers as companies shed their humans for...robots.
Personally, I think LTL city driving has way too many variables and daily judgement calls,...for CITY drivers to worry much about robot final mile deliveries.

But,......If all the non-Unions get rid of their.....ROAD drivers, because robot trucks finally work? You may see that "glut" again,....and management go back to the "dime a dozen" philosophy,......and start looking to replace the 20-year man with 3 weeks vacation......with a much younger, faster, desperate, "yes-boss-anything-you-say" employee, with no vacation........
The crazies on the highway are probably helping us road drivers keep these jobs, has to be difficult to run a robot truck in total mayhem