ODFL | Computers down...

There's always room on any terminal's city board if they're tired of roughing it.

I wasn't whining or crying, I was asking a question to see if this was system-wide or not. You guys were the ones who had to make it personal. Think about this, if not for us line drivers, getting our days switched to nights, not of our own choice but because of a system failure, you wouldn't have anything to do in the morning. Just like I wouldn't have anything to so if not for your efforts to get the freight picked up. It takes all of us to get the job done for the customers. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got work to do tonight.

Its true, I ran linehaul for a few years . All night long by yourself with only your own thoughts can drive you crazy. After 1 trip you have thought about your family, your bills, all the stuff at the house your going to fix, how you know how to run everything at work, but nobody will listen to your brilliant ideas. Then you get home and your so tired you pass out. Only to do it al/ again. It's like the movie groundhogs. day
:crybaby:You know when they stay away from there family's&sleep in them motel room's&in the by themself's they get like a female.I like sleeping in my bed everynight&staying park'd for 8 hour's&get pay'd.What a life of a truck driver

Someone at DAL was being either lazy,or just uncomfortable showing some inititive,this isn't the first time this has happened and we ran,sure things slow down but all day at the hotel isn't SOP as long as freight was present at DAL you should have been sent,They'll just put it in when the computers come back up.This happened last March on a Sunday and central told me to go"the system will just have to catch up"was what I was told...

I wasn't whining or crying, I was asking a question to see if this was system-wide or not. You guys were the ones who had to make it personal. Think about this, if not for us line drivers, getting our days switched to nights, not of our own choice but because of a system failure, you wouldn't have anything to do in the morning. Just like I wouldn't have anything to so if not for your efforts to get the freight picked up. It takes all of us to get the job done for the customers. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got work to do tonight.

JB Hunt brings in most of our freight. So I will have plenty to do in the morning. Might even need to jump in a truck and grab a rail myself. Don't come here and give me that if it weren't for line drivers speech when you been working at OD a month. You chose it so don't complain. I'm sure you'd rather think of bills and family all night than unloading 10,000 lbs of freezer shelving. If it's that bad, always room on any terminals city board.

JB Hunt brings in most of our freight. So I will have plenty to do in the morning. Might even need to jump in a truck and grab a rail myself. Don't come here and give me that if it weren't for line drivers speech when you been working at OD a month. You chose it so don't complain. I'm sure you'd rather think of bills and family all night than unloading 10,000 lbs of freezer shelving. If it's that bad, always room on any terminals city board.

You must be illiterate or just must have a problem with me. I guess you missed the second half of what I said.... It takes ALL of us to do the job, not just one side. And the the only thing I was thinking about was if this was going on all over the system or just in Dallas. Don't know why you're insistent on misconstruing what I said to be a complaint.

And one other thing. I haven't been here a month, my 90 days is up tomorrow. What, do you think just because you've got seniority on me that you're better than me? I know I haven't been here very long and I've got a lot to learn but this isn't my first rodeo. And I've been a city driver. And yes I did choose being a line driver. And I like what I do.

I'm not going to name call here. Don't know why there was such a backlash from a couple of my city brothers on this thread. I like everyone I've met so far that work for OD, and I like the company as well as how I'm treated.

As all wild drivers learned. Even with computers up, sometimes gotta go over DAL head to central on weekends. Was 6 years ago. Happened when DAL wanted me to sit 20 hrs after my 10. to cover a 60 mile meet, then go run. Called central, explained situation, they called DAL and sent me to ELP. Got a grumple when I came in, just said I tried to be cordial with you, I'll run a run and 10 off then cover your 60 mile run, terminal is full of freight, Central gave me all kinds of options, you got a god complex today.

I'm not going to name call here. Don't know why there was such a backlash from a couple of my city brothers on this thread. I like everyone I've met so far that work for OD, and I like the company as well as how I'm treated.

It's ok, even lovers argue. lol Just don't call me "Late for supper"

Ignore billylo. Posted the same thing on the fedex forums. Must be a linehaul reject. Dont
Be upset you cant hang bud. Geez

A real insult from you considering you're on every trucking forum either looking for a new job or saying you're quiting trucking. Quit sitting around crying and make a move jr.

Back to the original thread. I would always recommend callin central dispatch. They will make a decision. I called Sun morning and central said computers are down, we are working off paper. He gave me 2 trailers and I hooked. When the computers came up he dispatched me. Call central, it never hurts to try.

Back to the original thread. I would always recommend callin central dispatch. They will make a decision. I called Sun morning and central said computers are down, we are working off paper. He gave me 2 trailers and I hooked. When the computers came up he dispatched me. Call central, it never hurts to try.

I would have probably called central but I was assigned to trailers late that morning, they just weren't loaded yet.

That's my point. You call central and tell them you are sitti at the hotel, you understand the computers are down and nothing is being loaded. Is there any other loads I can take. Maybe run you empty to Fort Worth, or any of the other terminals close to Dallas. All you gotta do is call. Be your own advocate.