ODFL | Computers down...

That's my point. You call central and tell them you are sitti at the hotel, you understand the computers are down and nothing is being loaded. Is there any other loads I can take. Maybe run you empty to Fort Worth, or any of the other terminals close to Dallas. All you gotta do is call. Be your own advocate.

I will definitely keep that in mind for future reference. I didn't know that we could do that when a terminal we're at has linehaul dispatch on site.

Remember, some local/terminal dispatch want you to be their safety net. So, if you want to move, gotta be like kbigdog suggested. You'll get the feel of who will move you as soon as possible and who is playing games.

Forgot, sometimes you will be asked to sit a couple hours more to cover a run. It pays off. Go in different direction of the heard. You'll get the feel of what/who is legit, and what/who isn't.

I'm pretty flexible when it comes to where I go... As long as the wheels are turning, money is going into my pocket. It doesn't have to be a 650 mile run every time, just keep it moving at least 500 a day and I'm good.