XPO | Con-Tent

In my opinion the worst thing that has come out of Conway is people lacking common sense to prevent claims. Im not an expert nor I claim to be, but Con-tent is a small part of our bottom dollar and a VERY profitable one at that. Yeah they will run and gain customers, but the same thing applies with YOU on the dock and claims as well. It's not just one department running us into the ground. In fact we won't run anything into the ground if we learn to stop damaging freight and stack it right the first time. You want the ICP check, but want to complain about the departments that ARE actually making money FOR you?

Maybe I didn't read it right, but the Content Program is one of the last ones in the industry to get on board. Did you know that at least 40% of these shippers that these guys/girls 'ran' off as you say has come back with us? Do you know why? They use another carrier, they damage their freight and their weights and measures tag their freight as well. Conways on-time service sells it's self.

There are various factors involved with running a successful business and pinning it on one department in my opinion is just a selfish way to point a finger and not take any responsibility for your own actions. Who do you think conway will get rid of if you want to get down to the facts and figures? A DSR for damaging freight or the Con-Tent guy/girl for recovering revenue that YOU should have been paid for, for moving that freight? I will let you do the math. You may not like it, but thats just the way it is. I like to look at the bigger picture.

I find it strange that 40% of our customers ran off and came back yet has our revenue increased significantly? probably not and I will tell you why - when you screw over a big customer with corporate arrogance they will take their business elsewhere, where they can have a great working relationship and they know that will be taken care of. All that company has to do is serve the customer and they have a steady annual income. If only Con-way was more forward-thinking.....

You need to stop stuffing your belly with Kool Aid and stop thinking like an XGO drone. Try to think like an individual amd stop sounding like the freaking handbook. Quote me on this "CON-TENT" is thr worst thing that Con-way could ever have came up with"
I listed a whole bunch of points in an older post. Tell me if any of them are wrong and I will tell you if they are right. This is not a technologically advanced company like FXF - we have no record of anything here. Besides, most of the people who inspect the freight have never worked in the freight industry before.

100% of the people who inspect the freight have worked in the freight industry.

I find it strange that 40% of our customers ran off and came back yet has our revenue increased significantly? probably not and I will tell you why - when you screw over a big customer with corporate arrogance they will take their business elsewhere, where they can have a great working relationship and they know that will be taken care of. All that company has to do is serve the customer and they have a steady annual income. If only Con-way was more forward-thinking.....

.....and the ignorance continues.

At XTM a lot of the program is just silly. I have had full skid loads that are right on the money weight wise that the dispatch puts reweigh stickers on just to make sure he gets his 30% of shippments weighed. Knowing full well many of the ones he stickers are just fine wasting every ones time.

if he doesn't reweigh, the scm gets the email and you know what rolls down hill. You do what you have to do.:smilie_132:

And they wonder why sales are down. **** off the customers and see what you get. :duh:

Remember who we are talking about.I really think that some of our fine management team think the costumers need us more then we need them.
Just ask anyone @ XGO they will tell you that.

They also seem to think that the other LTL carriers are "no compitition" to us, however they need to figuring out how to get back to the status we once held with the customer. Someone at XGO needs to remember "SERVICE EXCELLENCE".

Just ask anyone @ XGO they will tell you that.

They also seem to think that the other LTL carriers are "no compitition" to us, however they need to figuring out how to get back to the status we once held with the customer. Someone at XGO needs to remember "SERVICE EXCELLENCE".
I knew there was a reason they took that off our trailers.

I heard the same thing, I doubt it had anything to do with copyright infringement.
The Laurel Wreath dates back to centuries past. I think it is when you mix the wreath and coat of arms/crest that it infringes.
I've heard more customers stating that the "Service Excellence" logo reminded them of the Cadillac brand. The comment must have worked it's way to the CEO's. I bet it had more to do with differentiating ourselves.

Our current uniforms still sport this badge with our anniversary year. It helps an FOS determine the level of rage he can bestow on you.

And they wonder why sales are down. **** off the customers and see what you get. :duh:

Actually sales are down because of low tonnage levels. This is mostly from the economy. Not to mention high claims issues. I like how people pin W&I as the reason why customers leave Conway Freight. I dont think W&I paid over 34 million dollars in claims to our customers because they didnt know how to load freight. I sure hope I grow up to be like the ones on here who are close minded. :smilie_132:

100% of the people who inspect the freight have worked in the freight industry.

sorting boxes for UPS or being the cleaner for Con-Way does not constitute experience in the freight industry. I mean hell, you can hire someone from McDonalds and they'll tell you that they have freight experience. Afterall, somebody has to unload product off a truck right! I want to see Con-way pay the NMFC to have them train our inspectors. The way we judge commodity descriptions at this company is stupid.

Actually sales are down because of low tonnage levels. This is mostly from the economy. Not to mention high claims issues. I like how people pin W&I as the reason why customers leave Conway Freight. I dont think W&I paid over 34 million dollars in claims to our customers because they didnt know how to load freight. I sure hope I grow up to be like the ones on here who are close minded. :smilie_132:

Is it just me or is Kool-Aid contagious? Let me make this as hooked on Phonics as I can - if you plan on fitting a stove in a shoebox you're asking for damages. D. McC acknowledged that after 11,000 lbs in a pup that the rate of damages increases significantly. Now you give this sort of knowledge to our country's dumbest CEO and he says let's stick more freight in the pups! Let's save money on linehauls, do more vias, use sub carriers but lets blame the drivers for the damages because According to DM that stove does fit in a shoebox. If D McC was smart enough to know that damages increase significantly after 11,000 lbs why is DM too stupid to understand that?

sorting boxes for UPS or being the cleaner for Con-Way does not constitute experience in the freight industry. I mean hell, you can hire someone from McDonalds and they'll tell you that they have freight experience. Afterall, somebody has to unload product off a truck right! I want to see Con-way pay the NMFC to have them train our inspectors. The way we judge commodity descriptions at this company is stupid.

WRONG...again. The majority of the inspectors were FOS's and the rest were inspectors that came over from competitors and a few CSR's. All of them have had freight transportation and/or NMFC experience.

Is it just me or is Kool-Aid contagious? Let me make this as hooked on Phonics as I can - if you plan on fitting a stove in a shoebox you're asking for damages. D. McC acknowledged that after 11,000 lbs in a pup that the rate of damages increases significantly. Now you give this sort of knowledge to our country's dumbest CEO and he says let's stick more freight in the pups! Let's save money on linehauls, do more vias, use sub carriers but lets blame the drivers for the damages because According to DM that stove does fit in a shoebox. If D McC was smart enough to know that damages increase significantly after 11,000 lbs why is DM too stupid to understand that?
This is good.I'm printing this one.

come on boys if the program works and makes us money that is good that is what the company is all about right making cash and about the big icp checks we had 2 years ago in was from reweigh confirms all the extra money made from reweighs that year went directly to icp also doing 30% yes we do all kinds at our barn some are right on but some not but every driver must do at least 30% no matter what sometimes you have no choice

come on boys if the program works and makes us money that is good that is what the company is all about right making cash and about the big icp checks we had 2 years ago in was from reweigh confirms all the extra money made from reweighs that year went directly to icp also doing 30% yes we do all kinds at our barn some are right on but some not but every driver must do at least 30% no matter what sometimes you have no choice

It does work. I have spotted some freight that made the company more money. Every little bit helps.

WHAT DID YOU FORGET ABOUT TERRY H THEY DID PAY FOR THE TRAINING

People can say what they like about the Con-Tent program. The fact is it's here to stay and it a huge money maker. When it's making 88 cents off of every dollar recovered, that sure does make me feel good knowing the program is doing something right.