XPO | Con-way Cares pension and health care

I think this is just the beginning when they started charging for medical i said then they will take a lot more before it is over and they are not done yet

so do tell

fisherman XJA said:
nothing conway does from the time I retired on 4/05 surprises me. I just hope you drivers band together, as a team you are strong, as an individual you are NOT. Conway has the cash to even pay-off a circuit Judge...ask me I will tell you...I have the paper work to back it up...
so what is this about already??????

sign on the line please.

:USA: the only thing keeping the "ahem" U out is the rate of pay and the self serving pension. talked to a few l/h drivers today about the pension. i am a firm believer if they cut the pension. they(conway) will leave us no choice but to sign cards. and that my friend will be the end of good ol' CNW. betcha' leeland is proud now huh?? :console:
FLAME ON! :flame:

paul wall said:
:USA: the only thing keeping the "ahem" U out is the rate of pay and the self serving pension. talked to a few l/h drivers today about the pension. i am a firm believer if they cut the pension. they(conway) will leave us no choice but to sign cards. and that my friend will be the end of good ol' CNW. betcha' leeland is proud now huh?? :console:
FLAME ON! :flame:
If that is what it takes it would be the best thing that ever happenned to Con-way I ll sign my card right now.

freightman68 said:
If that is what it takes it would be the best thing that ever happenned to Con-way I ll sign my card right now.
Con-way will fight that on all levels,dirty or fair.The people we work with don't have the stomach for that kind of fight.I know.:smillie_flag:

why is it when the term union comes up you get top executives and even local managment get this fear of god look in their faces ? are they scared that the ol days of CEX will come back to haunt them ?
all i can say is IF and i mean IF we were to organize (highly doubtful) but like i said IF ,...the moral here would be better.we no longer would have so called supervisors bully us around. our pa would be a little higher we would not have to worry about pension or benifits. it seems like a good deal to me but again what do i know.

huey29 said:
why is it when the term union comes up you get top executives and even local managment get this fear of god look in their faces ? are they scared that the ol days of CEX will come back to haunt them ?
all i can say is IF and i mean IF we were to organize (highly doubtful) but like i said IF ,...the moral here would be better.we no longer would have so called supervisors bully us around. our pa would be a little higher we would not have to worry about pension or benifits. it seems like a good deal to me but again what do i know.
Amen brother very well said.

Im gonna tell you right now..... dont trust them on any thing Ive been here 17 years and I dont believe anything thay say

knowledge (noun) 1. "the fact or state of knowing"

Merdock said:
things are a changing, that's for sure. Freight Central will see many changes for January...As far as pension plans, this is not just Con-Way, but nationwide. The Kansas City Star has a good article on the recent changes in federal law and pensions. Bottom line, you better increase your contributions to your 401k. Follow this link to read the news article.

Easy Fellas!!!
I posted the above statement about a week ago and I did what you need to do... find the facts!
Our 401k is a pension plan... an optional plan... have you participated? Our company sponsored plan AND the 401k are both "defined contribution plans". This meaning the value at retirement can only speculate based on the contributions over the term of your active empolyment. Our 401k has always been an option of participation. The new law allows companies to automatically enroll employees in such plans. So I currently have two company offered pension plans. Will they streamline this into one offering of a 401k? That's my big question.
However, the pension plans in trouble in the USA are mostly "Defined Benefit Plans". Meaning your pension "benefits" after retirement are guaranteed and specific. These plans are the ones in trouble... meaning UNDERFUNDED!
Now, which type does the carriers with a master freight agreement contract have????
As I posted last week, I agree things will change, but I think we as Con-Way employees are in better shape than most... those being anyone with a defined benefit pension plan.
And what would be gained in signing that union card?

huey29 said:
What happens the top executive have a meeting with the R.M's and the SCM's and threaten them with there jobs if there center go's to the cards.Then scm's go after you to save thier jobs.If supervisors are being bullies And XGO won't help call the ethics hot line.The code of ethics dose not allow harassment of any kind.

I think we all feel a little that way no matter where we park our trucks (units).

Did they brainwash you of UNIONs?

This is a company where the drivers complete every task in the company. Most of us are actually full time dock workers. CCX cannot survive without us. Get tough. UNION!
When mangement keeps asking you for more
and more work with less compensation...fight back. Unions did not wipe out Conway Eastern. Poor management did. Your orientation in Ann Arbor was for the sole purpose of twisting your mind against Unions.
:smillie_flag:

:roll1: A couple years back someone hung vote union signs around the lunch room and locker room. Crap hit the fan big time. Management was on a death hunt. They promised if they figured it out, heads were gonna roll. I thought it was pretty funny but boy were they serious!:roll1: