XPO | Con-way Cares pension and health care

gfy said:
Rely on employees funds.You will like this.We pay 1% for health care.Now take all the employees and even it out to about 11 to 12 dollars per person in Central.now add that up.We pay cigna 2.5 million and last year paid 3.5 million for med bills.the rest goes to the bottom line.Was confirmed a the first yes seminar.What number do you come up with?
who's talkin bout healthcare!!!!!!!!
PENSION---- 401k-------------
you may like this better i pay $0 and recieve both, excellent healthcare and pension bennies
and yes when a company administrates a fund they do have a lot to say about where they are invested and what happens to those funds
they may give you choices but you are limited to those choices
very similar to the right you should have for access to monies you have contributed
example being: you can borrow from yourself to purchase a car and the interest you pay while it is usually low and the payment itself goes directly back into your account
aka paying interest to yourself for borrowing your own money
my point is that the company also has that option
but i think the company has fewer restrictions in that regard when it comes to them borrowing against money they have contributed
union plans do not allow or permit that type of access by the companies participating
this for the simple reason in your case of when the company goes bye bye your moolah goes with them so potentially all you are left with is what you may have contributed, that is if you are lucky
that does not occur in my case
sure there are other pitfalls but remember at least it is not left up to the company's sole discretion:bye1:

Things I find interesting...

How new everyone was to the internet back then. People with 10 posts and zero likes.

How many are gone. Man, what happened to Merdock ?

How many have changed their opinions or attitudes over time. In fairness, it's 12 years ago and a lot has happened.

How the relationship with the company hasn't changed at all. Take, take and take some more. They are riding it into the ground hard, because all the low hanging fruit is long gone.

Looking back is always fun. History repeats itself. Again and again.

12 yrs and were in the same position because lack of willingness to push for change . Complacency will get you more of same.
Now we’re faced with a possible economic turn down and you still have no say as to what’s to be taken

It's a revelation of what many seemed to think.... that someday we'd end up with a job that rewarded us with a paycheck and marginal insurance and absolutely no other real benefits.
Many sat back then hoping it would get better and never thought it would come to what it is now. Some complained, most stayed silent ,afraid to make waves but all of knew it should be better .
The drivers didn’t fail this company. I’m proud to work with the guys at my barn and others of I have met over the years and they deserve better .
I’m suspicious of the motives of any who argues that. I make no apologies for that statement. I believe that my co-work and myself are 100% worth it.

Last edited:
12 yrs and were in the same position because lack of willingness to push for change .

If I had your agenda, I'd say the same thing. Bravo.

We're in the same position because it's the same job. There have always been those who sought out the negative and announced it at every opportunity. There always will be the chicken littles, as Merdock would say, but they are and always have been a minority. You don't have to be that way, and you'll be a lot happier if you resist the temptation. Your choice. You think you're strong because you're "pushing for change"? You're just loud. You're reading prepared statements from a different corporate master and calling yourself a revolutionary. I'm not impressed.

It's a revelation of what many seemed to think.... that someday we'd end up with a job that rewarded us with a paycheck and marginal insurance and absolutely no other real benefits.
Well, at least we know one person for sure that ok with that.

We're in the same position because it's the same job. There have always been those who sought out the negative and announced it at every opportunity. There always will be the chicken littles, as Merdock would say, but they are and always have been a minority. You don't have to be that way, and you'll be a lot happier if you resist the temptation. Your choice. You think you're strong because you're "pushing for change"? You're just loud. You're reading prepared statements from a different corporate master and calling yourself a revolutionary. I'm not impressed.
We all failed ourselves by not taking a stand back then and letting the crooks get away with cutting out our Pensions. It's not like crying over spilled milk, Our Pension at full value would had really meant something today. Not many realize how bad it hurt us financially.

You think you're strong because you're "pushing for change"? You're just loud. You're reading prepared statements from a different corporate master and calling yourself a revolutionary. I'm not impressed.
I'm sure the crown said that about the colonists at one time.

When I started here there was no pension and healthcare was pretty much what it is today. What I think is really funny is all the praise some guys give to CCX/Conway. You guys were getting screwed over for years and though nothing of it. When I have to sit with a top of the seniority board and explain how the company been screwing them for years. Yes back in the days you had company paid health, pension, and bonuses along with countless other perks like free gloves and lots of food. I sure it all felt like family. The whole time you were getting the big shaft in you paycheck and losing money. Lets look at some of those.
1. you had to wait 2 weeks for you pay, except in states were it is illegal. Well you were so nice to let the company collect interest on money that is owed to you.
2. When they started the 401K the company only put money in every quarter, I think. Well the company was very gratefully to you for letting them make money on your money for 3 months. How much did you make on the money during that time???
3. The food. Hell I even heard of them doing Sat breakfast meetings. Damm how much did that cost??? Who cares because it was a big tax write off for them and less we had to pay you. The same goes for all the other free ::shit:: they were giving you.

I don't know about the rest of you but I come to work, to work if I want to be with my family I'll go home. Back in the day there was a lot of smoke and mirrors going on. Just add it up how much did you lose in your 401K by them only putting it in every quarter? How much more per hour could you have received in you check if they did give all this free ::shit::. Free food at work doesn't put food on my table or pay my bills. Yes food at work is nice every once in a while, but not every week like at my barn. Along with free gloves in 3 different styles, free coffee, free bottle water, free donuts once a week, and free batteries to list a few. While the whole time we are driving bag of ::shit:: truck that should have been taking off the road years ago. These are some of the free stuff that was being done when I got hired. Almost all of it is gone. Thank god.

Since I was hired not everything has been roses, but there has been improvements since I started. The biggest one being the 401K match put into my account every week along with the addition of a ROTH plan.

Yes times have changed. We all took a hit in the ass on 2008 and 2009 some out there like me lost more then a pension or company paid healthcare we lost our jobs and had to start over in a very tight market. I heard of some layoff during that time but most of you still had a job. while other were taking anything we could get.

When I started here there was no pension and healthcare was pretty much what it is today. What I think is really funny is all the praise some guy give to CCX/Conway. You guys were getting screwed over for years and though nothing of it. When I have to sit with a top of the seniority board and explain how the company been screwing them for years. Yes back in the days you had company paid health, pension, and bonuses along with countless other perks like free gloves and lots of food. I sure it all felt like family. The whole time you were getting the big shaft in you paycheck and losing money. Lets look at some of those.
1. you had to wait 2 weeks for you pay, except in states were it is illegal. Well you were so nice to let the company collect interest on money that is owed to you.
2. When they started the 401K the company only put money in every quarter, I think. Well the company was very gratefully to you for letting them make money on your money for 3 months. How much did you make on the money during that time???
3. The food. Hell I even heard of them doing Sat breakfast meetings. Damm how much did that cost??? Who cares because it was a big tax write off for them and less we had to pay you. The same goes for all the other free :::shit::: they were giving you.

I don't know about the rest of you but I come to work, to work if I want to be with my family I'll go home. Back in the day there was a lot of smoke and mirrors going on. Just add it up how much did you lose in your 401K by them only putting it in every quarter? How much more per hour could you have received in you check if they did give all this free :::shit:::. Free food at work doesn't put food on my table or pay my bills. Yes food at work is nice every once in a while, but not every week like at my barn. Along with free gloves in 3 different styles, free coffee, free bottle water, free donuts once a week, and free batteries to list a few. While the whole time we are driving bag of :::shit::: truck that should have been taking off the road years ago. These are some of the free stuff that was being done when I got hired. Almost all of it is gone. Thank god.

Since I was hired not everything has been roses, but there has been improvements since I started. The biggest one being the 401K match put into my account every week along with the addition of a ROTH plan.

Yes times have changed. We all took a hit in the ass on 2008 and 2009 some out there like me lost more then a pension or company paid healthcare we lost our jobs and had to start over in a very tight market. I heard of some layoff during that time but most of you still had a job. while other were taking anything we could get.
You get a 401k match.....cause I do not. I get a contribution.

You get a 401k match.....cause I do not. I get a contribution.
Yes I put in 5% and the company give me a 4% match. So on my last check I put in $79.32 in to my 401K and the company gave me $63.45 as a match. XPO has given me over $3,200 in free money as a match this year.

Yes I put in 5% and the company give me a 4% match. So on my last check I put in $79.32 in to my 401K and the company gave me $63.45 as a match. XPO has given me over $3,200 in free money as a match this year.
Ahhh.....so you must contribute to get the contribution, whereas I contribute nothing and get it. That seems fair.

Unite

When the company gives you lousy benefits
and small paychecks to please their shareholers...
don't bow your head, put her tail between your legs, and act like a coward. Stand together. How many of us are trying to get in
with UPS? Top of the line health insurance,
much better pay, ot pay, double time pay,and they don't have to drive crazy.
In Chicago 705 stuck together through a hard
strike and got what they deserved.
They put in a long week just like we do and probably make a hundred grand.:USA:

Ahhh.....so you must contribute to get the contribution, whereas I contribute nothing and get it. That seems fair.
I know there was a cut off hire date on that. I fall into I got to put in to get the match. But the I was never promised a pension like most were